Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apologies but BA Baggage question again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry to drag this one up again - we're flying with BA from Gatwick to Salzburg next week, we booked before July, so we can take our ski gear as extra to our 23kg x 1 bag allowance each (all it says is to take the original receipt with us and show to who ?). The plan is to check in online for which we have to declare the number of bags we are taking - do we declare boot and ski bags at this point and will the web site try to make us then pay for the extra bags ? I mailed BA and didnt really get an answer, so I have any SH's been here. Thanks, mike
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When you check-in on line you can select "I Don't know yet" when it asks how many bags you are checking in. Just select that option.

When we flew last week we had to show the check in assistant the voucher email that BA sent us which stated we booked before July and that therefore sporting equipment was still free. Initially she wanted to charge us for an extra bag until we showed her that slip of paper. So I suggest you take that plus a print out of your original eticket.

On the way back from Geneva it wasn't queried.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wot Gazzza said Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Gazzza, rayscoops. I've got the original e-booking receipt and a print of the bit on their web site that says free carriage. As a regular Ryanair customer getting on planes with hold baggage is a distant memory
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mikeh, I had the same thing as you and BA emailed me and told me they would stand by the original baggage allowance of free ski carriage. As it happens all I had left was the outward leg of a flight I booked (used one half of the flight returning from the alps last season) and never eneded up using it so did not test their system.

You should be ok Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know why you're concerned mikeh, your bags are certain to end up somewhere in the depths of Heathrow T5 wherever you fly from and they'll never ever get to your destination.... at least not until you're safely back home arguing with your insurance company about exactly why you needed to spend 3000Euros on 4 new set of top of the range ski's and bindings wink wink wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy