Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mini TR - 4 days; 4 resorts

Poster: A snowHead
A few pics from a long weekend cruising around the French alps

Thursday - Les 7 Laux with MistyFly off TGR:

Nice views in the morning

Matt likes jumping off stuff:

I am an old fart so I keep my feet on the ground

Lots to do

Conclusion: Les 7 Laux is great but don't tell anyone (actually the residents of Grenoble and Chambery know about it but on a weekday it is pretty dead). The terrain was a bit like a mini-Verbier

Friday we were here:

Decent snow conditions - just messed around in the main itineraries and finished off with Triffide 1. Also bumped into Easiski as mentioned in the L2A season thread - hope they enjoyed their ski down

Sat - Alpe d'Huez

Nice snow if you got the right aspect but plenty of crusty mank if you didn't. Took a trip down the Combe de Loupe and saw these fellas at the bottom:

Sun - Paradiski

Hooked up with Snowcrazy and the main event was a line off the N Face of the Bellecote. Not one of the steep ones - one of the ones with over a mile vertical of fresh light pow:

Our host checks out the line:

Dropping in:

We also did a couple of things off Roche de Mio. This is skiing out from there with Mont Blanc in the evening sun
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, nice pics. The Bellecote conditions look superb. You struck gold there!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobinch, as usual, Snowcrazy delivered the goods Cool
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Good work, Arno, you certainly got around, nice pics.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, what a cool looking couple of days, nice photos! good stoke!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice work. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
More pics from my ski buddy, Paul:

Me about to drop over the Breche Pacave

at the top of the Vallons de la Meije

getting to the apron of Triffide 1

i think this must be on the Combe de Loup in ADH

and finally one for the animal lovers out there:
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, great stuff. Superb. Is that a pair of the original LP's you're on?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bobinch, no it was my annual outing on XXLs (which always makes me resolve to buy something less nackering to ski)
(although I do have some original LPs too Cool )
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arno, lovely pictures. make my knees ache just looking at them (mine are swollen after just a 2 hour lesson in some fairly heavy slopeside powder this morning).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno wrote:
(which always makes me resolve to buy something less nackering to ski)

I have the answer for you wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, Great pix, looks like you found the goods up north though! Nice to see you. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, nice TR, thanks for posting. Should have gone to 7 Laux last season looks like some great terrain and the map shows lots of touring off the top.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks rubbish. Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
7 laux does look like a sweet place
ski holidays
norris, it's pretty cool. i guess the only downside is that it is v close to Grenoble and Chambery. It also has a relatively good value lift pass and does a student deal on season pass so you will be sharing the terrain with lots of good skiers on the weekends at least. when we were there it was pretty dead though

sorry not to make it up to Flaine on the Sunday - it was just going to be too much driving esp since my ski buddy needed to get to Meribble in the evening
snow report
Arno, No probs, plenty of time in the future.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy