Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski for beginner?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Missus is thinking of getting some skis to save a lot on rental out here in Quebec.
She is 5' 4" and 115lbs.
Beginner skier but can ski parallel but I feel she needs some soft skis at this stage.
Any recommendations on women's skis? How about the Fischer Vision Pure + V9 RF binding?
Also, what height? I thought 150cm?

She wants to get 2nd hand for about $200 - definitely some about for this.
I guess only thing to be weary of is whether the bases need grinding or not...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My wife recently got some Head First skis and shes come on leaps and bounds just by going to MK a few times.

Seems to have done wonders for her confidence.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are softer skis the way to go for a beginner to progressing intermediate though (blue run ability).
I read aguide that said 145cm skis but that seems very short, almost chin height to a 5' 4 person. I always thought the standard was between nose and head.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What length ski would be good?
Would a soft ski be best?
Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.skidiva.com is good for reviews on women's skis
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
K2 sweet luv was my wifes first ski, she luved em (excuse the punn). Took her from being quite tentative to chasing me in my tracks and they're on fleabay now, as she ready for something more after a couple of years on these, just as important to mrs rocki was the fact that they are a good looking ski with "nice bits on them". The rental cost in Canada is the only reason we baught them in the first place so i know were you are coming from rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can you PM the link, I'll have a look...though presumably they need a grinding after a few years' use?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My OH bought some K2 One Luv's and has progressed from absolute beginner to a solid intermediate on them in a couple of seasons. Still reckon she'll get another season or so before she needs to trade up.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dont buy beginner skis, you wont be there for too long

Aim for intermediates!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy