Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prince Charles cancels Klosters ski holiday, on advice of Gordon Brown

Poster: A snowHead
According to a report by Telegraph.co.uk, Prince Charles has been advised - and has agreed - to cancel his annual Klosters ski holiday. The advice came from non-skier Gordon Brown, who is concerned about the public expense in the current economic climate. ...

This report from Telegraph.co.uk

Quote:
A source told a national newspaper: "He's been grumbling that he can't come out because the Government don't think it's a very good idea during the recession."

Quote:
A Clarence House spokesman said: "His Royal Highness never intended to go to Klosters this year."

An interesting conjunction of quotes.

Should anyone spending public money go skiing this year? Your views invited.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah why not - I'd even let my MP go skiing on expenses. All cash spent on winter sports is money well spent in my book Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought for a moment it was going to be because the terrorists were setting off explosives in ski resorts now
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, that's the avalanche patrol
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bug off GB - you got us in this mess. Poor Prince Charles, he is but a humble farmer who should be allowed an annual jaunt. It's not like he ever shells out on new gear! Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
His protection team will still need to go, as they have to have their annual training session on protecting target's whilst skiing. So if it is cost saving very little will be saved wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's a downer Sad all that money and you cant go skiing!

If I was him, Id offer to stay in a seasonaires hostel in morzine just to get some hill time.

Or better still, Scotland!

Be great way to promote wintersports in the UK and his money stays in the UK.

Tux
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How ridiculous. I'm sure if he really wanted to go he'd cover the cost of his protection for a week himself. More like public perception than genuinely saving money.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting words in the Telegraph's report are "A source told a national newspaper ..."

Was this story given to another paper, or was the Telegraph using double-disguise to protect a source? I've tried to find the story elsewhere (many newspapers restrict search access to their content) but without success.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interesting words in the Telegraph's report are "A source told a national newspaper ..."

Was this story given to another paper, or was the Telegraph using double-disguise to protect a source? I've tried to find the story elsewhere (many newspapers restrict search access to their content) but without success.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And how many holidays has GB had since the recession started and where to ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charley boy can have a discount in my apartment - poor old git.
Just imagine him mashing it up in Loop bar on the jelly wrestling night. Umm, actually, maybe not.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf wrote:
And how many holidays has GB had since the recession started and where to ?

I suspect Brown is not very good at holidaying. He seems 'a collar and tie on the beach' sort - like Richard Nixon. Blair on the other hand..........

Or Mandelson..........
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Very good suggestion.

Maybe Charlie reads Snowheads and read that post about Klosters being the most boring place ever.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think the idea of Charles going to ski the Highlands is a brilliant one. They could do a royal interior for the Cairngorm Funicular, and maybe ski the White Lady in a kilt. Superb PR for all concerned. But he really ought to do a royal tour of all five ski areas.
ski holidays
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
I think the idea of Charles going to ski the Highlands is a brilliant one. They could do a royal interior for the Cairngorm Funicular, and he could maybe ski the White Lady in a kilt. Superb PR for all concerned. But he really ought to do a royal tour of all five ski areas.
ski holidays
yup, send him to Scotland, he used to ski up here when he was in school and on hols at Balmoral did he not, least there's pics of him going up the old chair at Cairngorm with his maw, his school still regularly race trains at the easern resorts
latest report
Sorry about that. There doesn't seem to be an edit or delete function in this section.
snow report
I've long thought that G. Brown hates the kind of people who would take a skiing holiday.

The idea of Charles skiing in Scotland is good. Balmoral is no distance at all from Glenshee.
snow report
It would also tie in very well with his position on climate change, since the prospects for Scottish skiing are in the balance.
latest report
WHat a great idea!
snow conditions
Perhaps we should send him on a ski beat holiday Shocked . He could even save some money on his protection detail given that the resort managers are ex-coppers...... allegedly Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
According to a report by Telegraph.co.uk, Prince Charles has been advised - and has agreed - to cancel his annual Klosters ski holiday. The advice came from non-skier Gordon Brown, who is concerned about the public expense in the current economic climate. ...

This report from Telegraph.co.uk

Quote:
A source told a national newspaper: "He's been grumbling that he can't come out because the Government don't think it's a very good idea during the recession."

Quote:
A Clarence House spokesman said: "His Royal Highness never intended to go to Klosters this year."

An interesting conjunction of quotes.

You suckers should know better than to believe every story that is planted in British newspapers.

This story is government spin.

Chuck has a bad back and has not been inclined to slide for a while.
ski holidays
That's it. I'm not voting for the old grouch now.
Does Cameron ski?
snow conditions
Or could it be his Mrs would cut bits off him if he swanned off on a hol that she didn't want to go on?
snow report
Why not send Charlie to

YAD MOSS!
snow conditions
sarep Laughing
snow report
FAO HRH
Sir,
On the off chance that you may be reading this thread, i would like to invite you on our trip to Gerlos commencing Sunday.
You will need to get ur a**e to Bham Airport for 5.30 am Sunday where a ticket will be waiting for the flight to Munich. Only thing is can't remember your full name for the name change on the ticket. I remember that Di cocked it up on ur wedding day and i'm beggard if i can recall it either.
You will have to be prepared to bunk-up with another chap in true Austrian twin style and stand ur corner at the bar. Otherwise you are welcome.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
bug off GB - you got us in this mess. Poor Prince Charles, he is but a humble farmer who should be allowed an annual jaunt. It's not like he ever shells out on new gear! Shocked

Laughing
ski holidays
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:

Well, I'd be happy for my local MP to go skiing... at the Hemel fridge, as it's in his constituency Wink

And as long as he's not claiming it on expenses either - if I have to pay my own money to ski there, so can he!
snow report
wib, Laughing How could he resist?
ski holidays
How about one of the indoor ski slopes. Must be one near where this guy lives?
snow conditions
I don't believe a word of it.
Gordon Brown advising someone NOT to squander taxpayers money? They're making it up.
snow report
Davos has just had its' big financial conflab. How many British ministers and public servants went to that. Bet they didn't all refuse to do a bit of skiing, just to help Gordon Brown's re-election campaign.

Maybe if Brown had done his job properly when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer, properly regulating the banks and financial sector and providing competent oversight like Peter Costello did here in Australia, Britain too could have avoided a recession.

Poor Charlie can't go skiing because of the negligence Gordon Brown and greed of the City.
snow report
To get the Scottish take on this - particularly tuxpoo's point above ...
tuxpoo wrote:

If I was him, Id offer to stay in a seasonaires hostel in morzine just to get some hill time.

... there's now a discussion thread on winterhighland.info :

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,116781
snow report
But it was not long ago that Gordon told us the only way to get out of this recession was to spend our way out of it! As I recall, Gordon advised everyone to spend as much as they could and get themselves into as much debt as possible. wink
ski holidays
bum, doesn't really work if you're spending your money in a foreign country Smile Better to keep Charlie on home soil, and making his jams and cakes to contribute to the economy!
snow report
Poor old Charles, first GB says no more boom and bust, so that's sailing and girlies out of the picture and then he's not allowed to don the fartbag.....what a miserable time.....
ski holidays
Surely HRH can start taking a more proactive interest in international banking and the impact on the green economy - and slip in a visit to Davos - I am sure that given his security needs staying in Klosters will be safer, as will travelling to and from Davos via the Parsenn.
ski holidays
Mr EG - long established DT online source?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245751/Has-Brown-Charles-ski-trip-ice.html

(note Scotland on Sunday got it earlier: http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/princeofwales/Flightrow-Charles-cancels-Klosters-trip.3339679.jp
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy