Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zen Card. Ski a la Carte

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I was spending some time in the snow for for a couple of weeks from just before New Year 2009 till mid January in Les Arcs and then La Grave with some friends at their apartments and, as always, was thinking about lift passes and my wallet.

I found the Zen Card. http://www.lesarcs.com/The-Carte-Zen-2.html. It covers a few places in the Tarentaise and a bit wider afield. Grand Massif and Serre for example.

For me at least it worked for Les Arcs and Serre Chevalier is down the road from La Grave (and beats L2Alpes anytime) and I'd probably be in about the 8-10 day range which I was in the areas covered. Obviously La Grave is not covered as they barely get on with Les Deux Alpes never-mind something modern and anyway you want to pick your days in La Grave and I hope it stays that way there.

It works. Its basically PAYG per day. Whats nice is you you have a card that you just turn up and use - they post it to you in the UK. No faffing at the desk in a queue. I got at least a EUR 5 day discount and you can ski the days you want and not worry about going out in crap weather when it really is better no to and take a swim and nice lunch. Some days (there are daily rates on their website) are even one euro. Not many for sure but hey thats quite a discount if you happen to be there.

You get a daily email of your spend and at the end of the month it comes out of your debit card (get a prepay EUR one, get one anyway CaxtonFX is good).

Hope this is useful, worked for me.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
colincrist, after 9 days use each 5th day is 1 euro so it's worked well for me this year with numerous short trips
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Every 5th day? Hadn't realised that (or will be back in that area to take advandage) - in that case its a very good deal for a few weeks where its covered...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That looks like a CdA thing to me - expect to see 2Alpes on it as well in due course.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
colincrist, Hi Colin

Thanks for that, has been covered a few times before on here, but I guess not everyone sees the old threads...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1357164&highlight=carte+neige

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56925

One of the key issues with it is that kids pay adult rates...

Roger C wrote:
colincrist, after 9 days use each 5th day is 1 euro so it's worked well for me this year with numerous short trips

Wouldn't a season pass have been better value - given you're renting a place in Champagny?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used it for my two sons at Christmas. It worked really well. If anyone is thinking about getting one, there's a scheme to introduce new members, so PM me, we both get 6€ credit to our accounts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy