Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smoking ban in France?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are heading to Meribel next month - cannot wait! Haven't been to France for a couple of years, do they have a smoking ban now like in England? Also, thinking about Austria next year but smoky bars is one of the things which would put me off - what is the situation there?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
robinsrule, Yes there is now a smoking ban in France in Bars, Restaurants, etc. Amazingly it seems to work, I fully expected the French to ignore it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
robinsrule, Sister just got back from Austria and she the smoking was a nightmare
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robinsrule, As Colin B says, fully observed in France.

See this thread regarding the situation in Austria : http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1434201&highlight=smoking#1434201
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robinsrule, yep, astonishingly enough French bars are now wonderfully smoke-free!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great! I have just quit and am off to Zell am Zee, Austria in a fortnight. So far i have deliberately avoided going out drinking as i know Cigarettes and Alcohol always hang out together. This will be some test for me!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B, They tried in 1992 and it failed.... so they tried again once other countries had done it and it seems to have worked this time !!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Liveezy, good luck. Be strong.....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Liveezy, Me too, Into week 5 now and 'fairly' sure I've cracked it. ditto what pam says.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Week 5 Annie, ? You are way past the actual physical addiction. Well done. Now the only pressures are social and from association (eg I have a drink in my hand therefore I should have a ciggie in the other, or I am having my after dinner coffee therefore I should be having a fag). They are strong pressures but they should be easier to resist than the physical craving.

By the time you are in Austria ,Liveezy, you are also way past the physical addiction. If I remember rightly, the body clears itself of nicotine in about three days after stopping. Psych yourself up for these smoky Austrian bars by telling yourself how horrible the smell will be;how you your eyes will sting; how much you will resent other people invading your airspace with their unwanted smoke. Learn to hate smoking, in other words.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Interesting I wasn't aware that Austria didn;t have a smoking ban, that will influence future trip choices. What about Switzerland? I know it's still legal in Andorra
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nbt, I think Switzerland is doing it by Canton. Smoking was still allowed last February in Zermatt but I'm hoping it won't be in Laax next month. A bit vague unless anyone knows better.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the support guys! I'm going to have to go out and have a few drinks here in Feb. That way i can get used to drinking and not smoking. I do honestly think i'm done with it, i find it gross now and it ruins my fitness and thus my skiing. I'm only 23 so hopefully i haven't done too much damage over the past few years!! GOOD TIMES! Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy