Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair announce new logo to better reflect company values

Poster: A snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Extra charge for the oversize bag of course.....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can never understand why everyone slags off Ryanair, if they had never come along I would be skiing once ever two years instead of twice every year. Everyone knows the deal with luggage, credit card costs etc if you mess up its your own fault !!
I remember when it was approx IE£500 P/P for a flight to mainland Europe, in march my family of two adults and two children with the adults ski gear carraige comes in at €300.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ryanair are great. But their way of doing things just adds so much hastle to be a pain.

PS they were not the first, remember Laker air?
Cheers
Bob; who like Ryanair. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just a gag saintstephen, I've just booked my summer flights with them. Admittedly I think that their additional extra costs are getting even more ridiculous now (administration charge, online check in charge) but they still offer the lowest overall price for when and where I want to go. Plus they fly from Bournemouth which is an enormous bonus for me both in terms of location and not having to use the pricey and overcrowded London airports.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saintstephen, The reason why people slag off Ryanair is because the company effectively encourage it. They work on the idea af polarizing the public into fans or enemies. I've only travelled with them once but I was shocked at the distain at which they treated their customers whereas I know others who adore them, partly because of the price but also because of there admiration of their hard-nosed approach. The other factor is whereas in the past they used to be by far the cheapest player in town - now they sometimes are not - but you still get the brutal "customer care".
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dav wrote:
Just a gag saintstephen
sorry, yes, and its a good one Blush just wanted to point out they have been good for the snow fans.
Quote:
The other factor is whereas in the past they used to be by far the cheapest player in town - now they sometimes are not

I still find they are cheaper for most flights I try to buy, if not I have no problem flying someone else.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The only real gripe I have, to be honest, is the latest idea of discouraging loo use. While it's not a problem for me as I rarely need it on a short haul flight I am thinking of the myriad of older chaps off for a bit of winter sun, many of whom may be coping with prostate problems or families with kids who keep needing to go etc. Just seems unfair to me. The pricing structure - well I'd rather they gave a baseline price that included common options such as 1 piece of luggage and then offered price reductions - psychologically I'd rather see the price reduce than increase, but overall it IS usually cheaper than standard scheduleds.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well I don't like the way they do things and the amount they charge for certain things.... I accept that a flight should be cheaper for someone with no checked luggage than for someone who wants to check a suitcase in.... I accept they incur a small cost for taking credit cards.... but what they charge for a suitcase in no way reflect their own additional costs.... to charge per person rather than per transaction for credit cards is wrong.... funny how they don't charge for electron cards but do charge for other debit cards even though there is no extra cost to them.... something to do with the fact that hardly anyone issues electron cards perhaps? .... to insist that you pay to take golf clubs or ski's on outward and return flights when you may only want to take them one way is disgusting..... to charge you £40 for forgetting to print out a boarding card online is disgusting.... to only give you a window of 15 days to print out your outward and return boarding cards online is disgusting... not exactly a lot of time if you're going on a 2 week holiday.... to charge you what they do for amending a name on a flight is an absolute disgrace.... I also don't like the fact that they only allow 15kg of hold luggage and expect you to cart 10kg of hand luggage (but only the size of a cigarette packet) round the airport and then are completely inconsistent at the gate as to whether your rucksack is too big when they've just let a woman walk through with a 50 litre laundry bag.... it also irritates me that they imply that it makes any difference whatsoever whether I have 14kg and my wife has 16kg at check in.... like it does????

Ryain Air are a cynical organisation who use barely legal marketing tactics to advertise cheap flights then sting you for excessive extras... Unfortunately they are the only airline who fly to a couple of destinations I go to from my local airport so I have to use them if I want to go there... but from choice I would always use Sleazy Jet, Jet2.com, BMI Baby or any other low grade airline.

Rant over....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've used them for 20 years !! never had any problem, everyone knows their rules
It might irritate you if your wife has +16kg in her checked in luggage, it also irritates me that she never weighed her case before leaving the house Puzzled and I have to listen to the rant at the airport.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Butterfly wrote:
The only real gripe I have, to be honest, is the latest idea of discouraging loo use.

Come on Madame Butterfly - you don't really believe this stuff about charging for loos, do you?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dav, nice. snowHead

No problems with them at all. What you see (when you get to the last page of the booking...) is what you get, and they have made getting to some out of the way airports very easy. I prefer Sleazy though.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ryanair make no secret of their business model, don't get that people expect from them anything other than the level of service they deliver as they don't even hint at giving you anything better!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 22-01-10 21:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Additional charges are fair enough if there is an alternative you can take to avoid the charge. The only problem I have with Ryan Air is when they charge for things that you have no choice but to have. You have to check in online, yet you have to pay for it - there's no alternative to avoid the charge and therefore it should be included in the published price ... it's not an optional add on.

They are what they are - I'll use them if it suits me ... most of the time it doesn't. I find that on the whole there's usually a cheaper alternative, if there isn't I'll go with it.
snow report
Quote:

you don't really believe this stuff about charging for loos, do you?

Just hype to get people talking, *but* Ryanair's business model is such that they're the only airline that would charge you for taking a pee, process it with an International Space Station waste water recycling unit, and then sell you own pee back to you in the form of ropey coffee.

Fortunately for me, the cost of transport to Trier-Luxembourg airfield, oops I mean Frankfurt Hahn, baggage fees and the inflexibility of travelling at 04:30 or 23:30 means that a flight on Lufthansa with free ski carriage is cheaper.

Nice logo though Smile
snow report
Quote:

I've used them for 20 years !! never had any problem, everyone knows their rules

saintstephen, congratulations on being the only person I've ever heard of who's never had a problem with Ryan Air.... impressive stuff... As for "everyone knowing their rules" I'd question that.... I can't keep up with their rules which seem to change on almost a daily basis purely to confuse customers into shelling out yet more dosh for their "cheap flights".... OK, rules are rules but customers are customers and in most businesses service providers will be a little fleixible within reason to accommodate their customers needs.... Ryan air are totally infelxible and also totally inconsistent..... For example I had the misfortune to take a flight to Rome and my sister in law was stopped at the gate by a Ryan Air muppet who insisted her hand luggage was too big despite it beig given the k at the check in desk (when they actually had check in desks).... we crammed it into the size checking box and the very tops of the wheels were just ( and I mean just....by a couple of cm) poking out of the top. This jobsworth held up the whole queue whilst insisting that my sister in law paid for another bag, plus the excess weight fees to put her hand luggage in the hold. As it happened I realised that the wheels were actually detachable and took them off, much to the obvious frustration of the Ryan Air muppet.... a woman behind us then walked on to the plane with a laundry bag at least 2 and a half times the size of my sister in laws wheely case without so much as a word from ground crew...... thats the sort of behaviour that pisses me off.... you don't get that with BA.... usually because they've already lost all your luggage on a previous flight wink

This is just one of a number of ridiculous incidents which have happened to family and friend in using ryanair....
snow conditions
SnowGod wrote:

usually because they've already lost all your luggage on a previous flight

nah - that's air france Wink
I'm running at a 50:50 ratio of baggage arriving on the carousel to baggage arriving some days later c/o TNT, with them.

To be fair on Ruinair, they are not the only airline making it difficult to keep up with rules and costs. All airlines seem to make it vague, or at least interpretable in more than one way in at least one section. BA is bad for this, Lufthansa is better, in that you think you need to pay, but then find out that skis do go free. At least with Ryanair, if you need anything other than transport of your clothed body, you know there's a fee to pay.
snow report
I think if you fly very regularly, or hardly at all, you should avoid easyjet and Ryan Air. I fly to Edinburgh once a month and use BMI. The £40 extra is well worth it and easily offset by savings in time (closer airport) and money (taxi not car parking). Plus, you can book your seat, get decent food, etc, etc, etc. Of course, a different kettle of fish if I was taking the whole family as that £40 suddenly becomes £200 each and every time.

Same applies if you travel, say, once a year. Dependent on destination, pay the extra and get a quality airline. Where the cheap bucket shop airlines come in is regular short(ish) haul travel around Europe - especially in any numbers. So, if you can knock £100 per person per flight off a ski trip then that £500 (twice) could virtually pay for a third trip.

All that said, I think the the alps are too close to warrant a flight anyway and prefer to drive!
latest report
ccl wrote:
Butterfly wrote:
The only real gripe I have, to be honest, is the latest idea of discouraging loo use.

Come on Madame Butterfly - you don't really believe this stuff about charging for loos, do you?

Mickey is saying in the latest Ryanair in-flight mag that they *are* serious looking at this - but only for flights of under 1 hour.

He reckons charging would mean they could reduce the number of loos from 3 to 1 for those planes, and that would allow an extra row of seats. More seats mean more passengers on the flight, so lower prices (or higher profit).
snow report
RobW, Mickey often runs the company purposefully at a loss, taking the hit as "investment" but with the ultimate intention of putting another airline out of business. So 1 extra row of seats could mean a minuscule extra loss Smile
snow conditions
RobW wrote:
ccl wrote:
Butterfly wrote:

Mickey is saying in the latest Ryanair in-flight mag that they *are* serious looking at this - but only for flights of under 1 hour.

He reckons charging would mean they could reduce the number of loos from 3 to 1 for those planes, and that would allow an extra row of seats. More seats mean more passengers on the flight, so lower prices (or higher profit).
Excellent idea.
ski holidays
why not just get rid of all the toilets and pee down a tube which exits the fuselage..... preferrably right over France.... wink
latest report
SnowGod wrote:
saintstephen, congratulations on being the only person I've ever heard of who's never had a problem with Ryan Air.....

+ 3. I use them so do my folks. No issues whatsoever. Confused
latest report
4 completely satisfied customers out of about 600 I know ain't a bad ratio for a budget airline I suppose... higher than I'd have expected in RyanAirs case.... wink
snow report
SnowGod, I think their annual results and passenger numbers might disprove your point Toofy Grin
snow conditions
With all due respect thefatcontroller you appear somewhat misguided..... their annual results and passenger numbers do not disprove my point in any way whatsoever as these figures simply reflect how many people have travelled with them and how much money they made.... it's got SFA with whether these passengers actually enjoyed the experience compared to some other airlines or think Ryan Air are a good or even half decent airline which is what my point was about.....

The VAST majority of people I know who have and do use them (and I include myself and family in that category) do so only because to not use them would mean a long drive at either end of our regular flight to Rome.... On the return we have to leave our house in southern italy at 3am to make the ryan air flight from Rome to EMA as it is, so can well do without a long journey from an airpoirt to home at this end.

Basically, we do have a choice, but it's hobsons choice if we want to get to and from where we're going safely and in a reasonable time. Credit where it's due.... their flights usually land on or around the scheduled time (partly because they allocate a slot of 2 and a half hours for a 1 and a half hour flight but I don't want to split hairs.... they do land "on time") but the experience is how I would imagine a sheep feels on its way to an abbatoir....if it does indeed feel anything at all.....

Without exception we all used to go with SleazyJet on the same route in preference but they have now pulled out of East Mids Airport cos Ryan Air ran at a loss for while to squeeze them out.... fair enough... business is business..... we use them, because we pretty much have to. That doesn't mean I like the way they do business or treat customers..... it just means it's just bearable enough to use them as an alternative to driving to Stansted through all the traffic and speed cameras...

All credit to you if you think RyanAir are the greatest thing since sliced bread..... my OPINION, and that of many other people is quite different.....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SnowGod, I get soooooooooooooooo bored with people bashing Ryanair. Its simple, there is choice, if you don't like them fly with someone else but just shut up about them.

I've a really good idea, why not get rid of all low cost carriers as everyone seems to hate them and give BA, Aer Lingus etc.. their monopoly back and allow them to charge the crazy prices they used to charge then no one will fly except businessmen on expenses.

Ryanair bashing is just sooooooooooo boring rolling eyes

However I do think the first post and the picture is funny and so would O'Leary I'm sure.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, very much agree. I somewhat regret starting this thread as it was just intended as a slight dig, not another excuse for RyanAir bashing. Oh well.....
latest report
thefatcontroller, believe m when I say that I'm not bored of people defending Ryan Air..... predominantly because you're the first person I've come across who actually has... even the staff I know who work for them say they're absolutely rubbish!!!

FYI this is a forum.... the whole point is that people air their opnions and discuss their experiences..... just because you hold a different opinion doesn't give you the right to tell me or anyone else to shut up.... why not take a look at some other threds if you don't like this one or find it so boring.

Also, I don;t see anywhere that I've said get rid of all low cost airlines.... I've actually said that Ryan Air are IN MY OPINION the pits of the low cost airlines and I would use any other UK based on in preference to them where possible....

Some people on here are just so goddamn bigoted that if you don't agree with their opinion on something you get slaughtered or insulted.....
latest report
SnowGod wrote:
Quote:

saintstephen, congratulations on being the only person I've ever heard of who's never had a problem with Ryan Air.... impressive stuff... As for "everyone knowing their rules" I'd question that.... I can't keep up with their rules which seem to change on almost a daily basis purely to confuse customers into shelling out yet more dosh for their "cheap flights".... OK, rules are rules but customers are customers and in most businesses service providers will be a little fleixible within reason to accommodate their customers needs.... Ryan air are totally infelxible and also totally inconsistent..... For example I had the misfortune to take a flight to Rome and my sister in law was stopped at the gate by a Ryan Air muppet who insisted her hand luggage was too big despite it beig given the k at the check in desk (when they actually had check in desks).... we crammed it into the size checking box and the very tops of the wheels were just ( and I mean just....by a couple of cm) poking out of the top. This jobsworth held up the whole queue whilst insisting that my sister in law paid for another bag, plus the excess weight fees to put her hand luggage in the hold. As it happened I realised that the wheels were actually detachable and took them off, much to the obvious frustration of the Ryan Air muppet.... a woman behind us then walked on to the plane with a laundry bag at least 2 and a half times the size of my sister in laws wheely case without so much as a word from ground crew...... thats the sort of behaviour that pisses me off.... you don't get that with BA.... usually because they've already lost all your luggage on a previous flight wink

This is just one of a number of ridiculous incidents which have happened to family and friend in using ryanair....

Next time, maybe you should suggest to your sister in law that in the future, no matter what airline she uses she should carry the correctly sized hand luggage. Cramming it into the frame is NOT the correct size.
Your sister in law held up the whole queue, and the other passengers and staff no doubt had to listen to the usual its not my fault drivvle for the flight.
snow report
saintstephen, whatever u say..... yourself and thefatcontroller, are always right.... but in this instance a member of ryan air staff in the check in hall said that the case would be fine as hand luggage after seeing it in the rack.... then the woman on the gate disagreed.... inconsistency from what I now know to be the worlds favourite airline... yet again.....
snow report
One of the girls here at work just got back from somewhere or other on RA and they charged £30 for the bag of duty frees she got at the airport on the basis she had a handbag already and therefore exceeded the one hand luggage policy...

I don't care what people say RA are as bad as workmen sheisting old ladies..as they put it all in the small print.....if I came among and offered to lay your drive for 1p would you believe me????? Maybe I'm asking for if I do believe you but that don't make it right, honourable or fair.
snow conditions
SnowGod wrote:
any other UK based

they aint, (and some might say that contributes to the bashing)!

Mikey's trying to order 200 new planes, all the other airlines are going out of business.
And as I've said before the only real point is that he really REALLY does not care what anyone thinks, and does exactly as he pleases! (this is the guy who spent like 100k on a taxi license for his merc so he could drive to Dublin to the office in the bus lane!) It will be interesting to see what happens when he steps back from things in a couple of years (if he does!).

I would rather think he'd quite like the new logo, but as it's an Irish company, the dude at the back should have his socks on!

Great company, brilliantly run NehNeh Laughing
snow conditions
SnowGod, jez, who rattled your cage Confused Of course it is your right to complain, its just boring. As I said if Ryanair where that sh*t then they would go bust and no one would fly with them. Their passenger numbers suggest otherwise. Don't like them, then don't fly with them.
snow conditions
Quote:

I don't care what people say RA are as bad as workmen sheisting old ladies..as they put it all in the small print.....if I came among and offered to lay your drive for 1p would you believe me????? Maybe I'm asking for if I do believe you but that don't make it right, honourable or fair.

Well said.... fair and honourable are not words our Mickey is familiar with..... and he probably doesn't give poo-poo either.... above all else its the inconsistency that gets on my goat....
ski holidays
barry wrote:
I would rather think he'd quite like the new logo, but as it's an Irish company, the dude at the back should have his socks on!

And a dog collar wink Laughing
latest report
SnowGod wrote:
saintstephen, whatever u say..... yourself and thefatcontroller, are always right.....

Quote:
SnowGod
FYI this is a forum.... the whole point is that people air their opnions and discuss their experiences..... just because you hold a different opinion doesn't give you the right to tell me or anyone else to shut up.... why not take a look at some other threds if you don't like this one or find it so boring.

Look, I'm new here and don't want to fall out or insult anyone. I am not saying everything with Ryanair is great, its a large multinational, but to villainise it and to insult its employees is incorrect, in my opinion its done lots for snow lovers in yours it has not, fair enough Smile

Quote:
barry

Great company, brilliantly run

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

Of course it is your right to complain, its just boring. As I said if Ryanair where that sh*t then they would go bust and no one would fly with them. Their passenger numbers suggest otherwise. Don't like them, then don't fly with them.

thefatcontroller, You really don't get it do you..... YOU may think its boring but thats probably because there have been so many threads about ryan airs awaful customer service and small print debarcles.... other people like to discuss their experiences with RA. if you don't like threads moaning about ryanair then don't read them, or maybe constribute with something constructive. Alternatively try just reading the ones which say they're the worlds favourite airline then you won't get quite so bored..... oh.... there aren't any threads on that subject.... wonder why....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy