Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for advice for end of Feb week away please for 6 single blokes pref Austria as enjoyed Mayerhoefen last year. Have previously been Livignio, Pas de la Casa and Sauze amongst others

Intermediate and beginner skiers lively nightlife is a must!!!

Any ideas hugely welcome
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
look for saalbach - meets all your requirements
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another vote for Saalbach, ace nightlife and good for all ranges of skier. Still has a very Austrian feel to it - ie jolly and beer-fuelled. St Anton has awesome apres and great nightlife, but is poo-poo for beginners. Ischgl has good apres and probably the best nightlife (as in proper style nightlife) in the alps. Closest you'll find to Ibiza with snow, but pricey and has a tendancy to be filled with rich fur-clad russians.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definitely Kolsass-Weer - without question.

Only joking...another vote for Saalbach.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definitely Saalbach!!
Brilliant apres and terrain...

Other places to consider:
Obertauern - smaller and very Austrian
Ischgl - but more expensive
Solden - 2 glaciers etc.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you fancy lessons whilst you're there, go to Furstauer Ski School, right in the middle of town. Lots of cool instructors, from the guys who are still there (I think, can't remember who was doing the whole season) ask for Fraser (English) or Jacob or Jonas, both Danish but eak perfect English.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kitzbuhel would probably fit the bill.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree Saalbach would be fine, also Kitz, and Ischgl, but it's more expensive.

I would recommend Saalbach as the closest to meet your requirements.

D
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
neil24, Another vote for Saalbach as terrain would suit the beginners needs better than St Anton or Ischgl (main runs back to villages not good for beginners). St Anton's apres is excellent but if you're all single blokes, St Anton is full of guys - I reckon 70% of clientele.
This hotel in Saalbach sent me an email today and are doing good deals at moment http://www.hotel-sonnleiten.at/?utm_source=news_jan09_en&utm_medium=email
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IME St Antons nowhere near as much of a sausage fest as most people seem to think. Maybe not so many Brit girls (which isn't so much of a bad thing), but they're plenty of gorgeous Scandies, and it's as easy to pull as any other drunken party town.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saalbach/Hinterglemm and Solden in equal measures Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been offered Soll for a week £400 - anyone recommend here?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
neil24, I went to Soll two years ago and am going back next week. I really enjoyed the skiing there though I didn't find the apres ski that exciting (I was lead to believe it had a reputation for rowdiness so that might be a relative thing).

It is part of a large linked area with terrain that is suited to intermediates - cruisey reds and blues. If that is your thing they'd I could recommend it. I didn't think it was that great for absolute beginners though.

:S
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The rep told me it was as lively as Mayerhoefen but Im not so sure

The price is good tho
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
neil24, It does have a good reputation for après ski and is geared up for lots of Tour Operators from the UK, Germany Netherlands and Denmark amongst . Whether it matches Mayrhofen or St Anton just depends on how much you believe all the hype about those resorts. I've been to St Anton several times, enjoyed the Möserwirt and the old Krazy Kangeruh, but did not really see much evidence of the "wild night life" everyone seems to think it has. Mostly the resort was very quiet evenings because I go in the low season times - not so many people.

I think at certain times of the season all these places can have a pretty wild scene going on somewhere or another - Kitzbühel will be wild this weekend for example, St Anton at New Year's and February (Fasching week) and Mayrhofen is particularly party central during the "Snow Bombing" week. But wild partying every night all season long is a myth created by the media and TOs to try and sell the holidays to a certain market sector.

Sue wink
snow report
Does anyone know what the snow is like in soll at the moment?
ski holidays
Very good - it is one of my closest resorts, only 30 minutes by car. This year has not been a mega one yet for dumps of snow but we have not had any warm temperatures either for well over a month now (i.e. temperatures above 0°C). The base is on grass and does not need to have such an extreme depth in comparison with slopes on rock and stone.

They have excellent snow-making facilities to ensure that the slopes are more than adequately covered. We've had a few snow showers, but as I said, no major or sustained "dumps" - they are yet to come! Forecast for Thursday is looking interesting, but we will wait and see!

Take a look at the web cams and the website for an up-to-date view.

wink
ski holidays
Thanks for the info

Ive bitten the bullet and booked

Staying in Haus Schroder which looks basic but I hope will be suffiecient for 6 lads for the week!!!! Haven a clue how far we are from the bars or slopes tho
latest report
Quote:

But wild partying every night all season long is a myth created by the media and TOs to try and sell the holidays to a certain market sector.

I dunno, I was in St Anton last season, and the only weeks it was really quiet was from November to mid December, and the last couple of weeks of the season. Obviously some weeks are busier than others, but I never struggled for a good night out, and the party atmosphere was always there in the right places.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy