Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Easter Weekend - Queues?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Possibly heading out to Cham for Easter weekend and just wondered what the lift queues would generally be like?

Would likely be skiing Grand Montet area predominantly and while I realise queues will be bigger than normal I don't want to end up waiting for 20 to 30 mins for each ride up the mountain.

Anyone have first hand knowledge skiing Cham at Easter?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously nobody has ever been to Chamonix over Easter!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skied there last Easter, queues weren't bad, maybe a bit of a wait at the start of the day to get out of the valley then nothing really. This Christmas or last Feb were worse but still nothing to sweat about. Prefer mid Jan though when you can just walk onto anything even the top GM car. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went at the end of Jan 2 years ago, and the queues to get up to La Flegere from Le Praz took about 1 hour queue, but once up did not hit another queue.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You will wait half an hour for each top station in the morning or more. Might have to be diligent to book one as easter is early and peak touring season. But, as Chamonix skis late the conditions could be fantastic. It is the best place at Easter as despite queues, people disperse quickly there at that time. By afternoon it's walk on. Avoid Courmayeur except for Mont Blanc Funivie which could be in great condition (was last year as north facing and had got warm on south faces) unless wanting really good lunch. I wouldn't go anywhere else in alps at that time unless i was going for a good tour.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. Got back from Chamonix on Monday and it was awesome, hence the plan to go back at Easter. Cheers for the info.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easter is generally OK, no where near as busy as Xmas or Feb; I wouldn't worry about it. If they get good snow you may get queues early on but that can happen at anytime, especially over the weekend itself. If it was busy you could look at the outer areas like St Gervais or Les Contamines - with Easter being pretty early these should be in good condition and will be quieter than Cham itself.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah Easter is generally not too bad. If you get up early it makes a massive difference. At busy times I like to be at the Flegere base 15 mins before opening, then you're normally good for the day. Early lunch, then ride through everyone else's lunch, then a thermos break when they're all going for a couple of runs after their lunch. By staggering things a bit you can pretty much avoid any lines.

As ppl have said it is the uplift that is the trouble. An hour at the end of Jan is very unusual unless it's a powder day or an event though.

At GM I often prefer to ride the chair up rather than the gondola, probably doesn't save that much time by the time you've got to lognan but you're in the open air.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy