Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Very cheap glasses/goggles on sale Amazon - various lenses. £70 down to £14

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-Sunglasses-Anti-Glare-Detachable-Elasticated/dp/B002MTXOA0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1264015863&sr=1-9&tag=amz07b-21

2010 Rayzor Professional UV400 Gun Metal Grey 2 In 1 Ski / SnowBoard Sunglasses / Goggles, With a Red Iridium Mirrored Anti-Glare Clarity Lens and a Detachable Elasticated Headband.
by RAYZOR

No customer reviews yet. Be the first. More about this product
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: £69.95
Sale: £13.99
You Save: £55.96 (80%)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More Cheap Sunglasses Toofy Grin
http://youtube.com/v/R9WTlP08LEg
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarpa, just ordered a couple of pairs, hope they're as good as they look Madeye-Smiley I do love bright shiney sunglasses, so I'm sure I'll be happy with them anyway...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jo225 wrote:
Scarpa, just ordered a couple of pairs, hope they're as good as they look Madeye-Smiley I do love bright shiney sunglasses, so I'm sure I'll be happy with them anyway...

snap
nice find Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd love to find someone that had paid £70 for them Laughing

They nearly look like they are worth £8 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bought some before christmas, well pleased with them for the money but would have been mighty disappointed with em if I'd paid anything close to the rrp!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very true... but for under £20 you can't go wrong.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarpa wrote:
Very true... but for under £20 you can't go wrong.

Yep, as I said they are great for the money, feel very comfy worn as goggles and not much different to ordinary sun specs worn without.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman, Oh yes Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
any one tried the anti-fog goggle wax ? may mean you can buy some cheapo goggles and just slap some of the stuff on them wink

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RayZor-Sunglasses-SnowBoard-MotorCycle-Eyewear/dp/B002VKVOVG/ref=pd_sim_sg_2?tag=amz07b-21
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well have used antifog stuff on dive masks and to honest spitting on a hanky and wiping the inside of the lenses does as good a job!
Plus I can see it all ending in tears when one of the rugrats uses the mask wax instead of a chapstick!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarpa, nice one.
Got a pair used em yesterday really impressed.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, Rain-X works brilliant.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Used my sunspec/goggles all the time on the EoSB, they have performed flawlessly, not sure when I'd need the goggle strap, they were a nice snug fit under my helmet without and certainly stayed put in my several low speed falls in the afternoon slush and one high speed (for me) fall during the race training session. In fact have just bought another pair as backups while they are still the same price!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't think you need worry about them selling out/changing price Laughing
snow conditions
But after all
Is the sunglas good aor not??????????????????
ski holidays
They look more like glacier glasses. The type you would use to climb bt.blanc. Probably a pretty good bit of kit.
latest report
Well in Val T last week it was summer holiday weather, blue skies, bright sun all week. Got a sunburnt nose through forgetting to put sun cream on after post skiing shower and then going a walk round the village around 3pm. The sunspecs functioned perfectly well in bright high mountain conditions and I think they'd work as glacier specs thanks to the goggle padding keeping out any stray light.
snow report
Good to know!! Thansk for the words.

I've a good Bolle goggle, but they, some times, how can I explain it... Ok! For sunny days it's perfect, unfortunately for cloudy and not so lightly days they are very dark and it's quite hard to see around at the mountain. But, on those days is very often you have snow fall and it's hard to get off the gogles too. Also, I cannot know if is better with or without the google.

That said, this model looks like a good alternative(small too!) to leave at my jacket's pocket ready for use when the weather changes.

Thanks again!!
Eduardo wink
ski holidays
beised, Yep the stick in the jacket pocket idea was why I bought mine in the first place, plenty of choices of tint on Rayzors so you should find some suitable ones and all the models claim to give total UV protection.
ski holidays
Davkt - Yep, You got the point.

My Bolle is red tint. As I've said, perfect for clear sunny days and for those gray ones, not so dark, 'cos they can give you a vaery good contrast.

BTW, what you think should be my best tint choice for gray days???

Thanks again
Eduardo
ski holidays
I'd go with yellow (or possibly blue) for flat light and grey days, mainly based on the fact those are my favourite colours for shooting specs in poor light. Oh and forgot to mention if you need to use them as just sun glasses the goggle padding is on a separate plastic frame that clips and unclips from the inside of the lenses in a couple of seconds.
snow report
Silly question but why 2 in 1? What do they mean by that
snow report
Boris because they are goggles (with the headband) and sunglasses (without the headband). Both goggles and sunglasses in one product.

Wow! Who'd have thought it was ever possible rolling eyes
latest report
beised, are your Bolles mirrored (Vermilion Gun I think they call it)? I have both the mirrored and non-mirrored vermilion (red/pink) lens and find the mirrored too dark in flat light but the non-mirrored really good in these conditions. I use Oakley HI yellow in whiteout,although they are scratched now which makes them very noticably less efficient in these conditions.

Bought the glasses mentioned above. Really liked them Very Happy left them on a Gondola last week of season Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Tiger2, ah that makes sense now - hadn't twigged that even from reading this thread and the product description Embarassed
snow conditions
RPS, Thanks!!

I think you are correct, my Bolle probably is Vermilion mirrored. I'll chekck it out.

I do love the goggles and a try with a nom-mirrored lens and a bit less dark, looks like a good bet.

Should anyone give a me clue on find that lens ?? Ops! 'cos I can't from here, sience we don't have snow... find any snow related stuff here is hard job. Crying or Very sad

Thank you all friends!
Eduardo
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy