Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Our trip to Lofer!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As promised heres a round up of our 4 night stay in Lofer.
Flew out Saturday with Ryanair, no mess no fuss, all straightforward, Richard our B&B host was there to meet us and take us to our Accommodation, Haus Patricia. Return transfer 98 euros for 4 of us! Leaving home to arriving at the apartment 6 hours! Little Angel We had a 2 bed apartment which was lovely, spotlessly clean and well equipped, we also had breakfast provided! Cost £30pppn b&b.
They have an 'honesty' fridge/wine/beer/nuts etc supply where you help yourself and write in a book what you've had and its added to the bill, with prices the same as the supermarket, a nice idea I think!
Just 5 mins walk to the village centre and main lift, we used Herbst Sport 2000 who gave us 20% discount for being Haus Patricia guests! ski hire worked out at 32.80 euros each for 3 days hire, nice shop new good quality equipment!
Lift passes for 3 days was 80 euros.
We took both gondolas up and then onto a new 6 man heated chair!! the runs down are lovely, very pretty, no queues at all. Quite a few different diversions with nice wide easy blues to some narrower more challenging reds, also a couple of blacks which we didn't do so can't comment!
Plenty there to keep us entertained for 3 days, if we'd stayed a week I think we'd have taken the bus and tried a different town too, but unless you go for clocking miles and miles I reckon theres plenty to keep most beginners and intermediates happy!
Lunch was very reasonable 3.30euros for 500ml beer, approx 5-7 euros for spag bol, bratwurst and fries etc. 3.60 euros for apple strudel and custard! NehNeh
Its a lovely run down from the top back to village level, we had plenty of fresh snow on day 2 with glorious sunshine on day 3, it was perfect!
Evening meals were equally as good value around 15-20 eurospp for a meal and drinks! with a good selection of restaurants to choose from. Although the village is very quiet, the bars seemed to be fairly busy and the restaurants too! Everyone was very friendly, it was a nice place to be.
If you're looking for a quiet, good value place to stay with a decent ski area I'd definatley recommend Lofer and particularly Haus Patricia www.austrianbreaks.com snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
feefee, where did you fly from/to and when did you go?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glad to see it is still fine in Lofer. Great value if you can get a cheap flight
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds great feefee, Lofer is such a pretty place and such an undiscovered gem for skiing. AFAIK Herbst Sport is the family of the Austrian slalom skier Reinfried Herbst who hails from the neighbouring village of Unken.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds great feefee, Lofer is such a pretty place and such an undiscovered gem for skiing. AFAIK Herbst Sport is the family of the Austrian slalom skier Reinfried Herbst who hails from the neighbouring village of Unken.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Came home today! Went on Saturday flew from Stansted to Salzburg £150 per couple including luggage!! Flights actually got a bit cheaper after we booked! but hey ho Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
feefee, thanks - I can do Stansted Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds lovely - how good is their late season snow?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They open until Easter but it is low so I wouldn't book in advance for that late, shame really as I'd love to go back but our next planned time skiing is Easter this year, but certainly worth watching and doing a late booking. Went to Muhlbach (not too far from Lofer) end of March last year, all was open, lots of fresh snow, just a bit slushy down to village level, I'd imagine Lofer would be similar?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
feefee, sounds like a great trip. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy