Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trivia question: greatest number of lifts accessing a single peak in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, sorry if this has been raised before but the place I was skiing today had a peak with 6 lifts coming up to it (and a seventh going from it to a higher peak). It made me wonder if this is a record. Can't think of any other I've visited with more. Now lots of lift stations have multiple lifts ascending from them, but are any at the top of a greater number?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DCG, try Kronplatz/Plan de Corones in Italy, has no less than 6 gondolas and 2 chairs accessing the peak of this dome shaped mountain, must be a record!

http://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/panorama/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DCG, I think the reason is that the South Tyrol has some special tax concessions from the Italian government dating from the time when there were rumblings of separatism among the German-speaking population, one of these is that ski lifts are treated as public transport and enjoy a tax subsidy as a result. Hence there are some expensive lifts in places they wouldn't normally be expected, like the multiple hi speed gondolas at Kronplatz.
latest report
 brian
brian
La Saulire on the Courchevel/Meribel boundary has 2 gondolas and a chair on the Meribel side and 2 chairs, a gondola and a cable car on the other. So that's 7 (8 if you count the slightly more separated creux noirs chair), although the top stations are a little bit spread out.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, Yes, I'd thought about Saulire. I'm familiar with the Courchevel side but wasn't sure how many lifts there were on the Meribel side. However, I also felt it was a bit spread out with the suisse and Marmotte chairs and vizelle gondola being on a separate bit of the mountain with a sort of col in between them and the rest. I agree it's debatable. The place I was referring to in my original post was Weissfluhjoch in Davos. It has 2 cable cars, 2 chairs, a gondola and a funicular train. All apart from the chairs come into the same station from separate sides of the mountain and the chairs are at most about 50 metres away. So, it's pretty compact.
Anyway, Luigi seems to have come up with a winner, unless there are any other contenders. Must be pretty crowded with all those gondolas.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DCG, this is an aerial shot of Kronplatz showing at least some of the top stations and restaurants, the summit of this dome-shaped mountain is very flat so there is plenty of space for the lift stations to spread about a bit, not as spectacularly perched or compact as the Saulire or Weissfluhjoch.

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
luigi, Spectacular photo. I'd never heard of Kronplatz before although I have been to Cortina which I see is nearby.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well Mont Lachat (Crest Voland) has 9 - or possibly 10, depending on how you count them. And it's quite a small hill.......summit 1650m.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, I'm not conceding defeat that easily. wink

It doesn't look like all the lifts on Mont Lachat reach the summit, possibly 3 or 4, a chair and 3 drags, with the others stopping quite a bit short, though I've never been there so I'm just going by the piste map:

http://www.espacediamant.com/pdf/plan-pistes-espace-diamant.pdf
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Found this, top station of the Logere chair at Mont Lachat, can't see where the other lifts are though:

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy