Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free lift pass - cheap lift pass - free lifts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My first post! I’ve looked and can’t find this info anywhere (apologies if it is)

We've just come back from Saas Fee; it was great!

One of the things that attracted us to Saas Fee was the fact that lift passes were free for those born from 2001 onwards. However, I happened across this information and can't find any consistency between resorts (Switzerland or elsewhere)

We're looking at going away again, can anyone help with info on the following:

1. Free Passes
Does anyone know of a list identifying the 'free pass thresholds' for different resorts; I don't want to go through all the resorts manually finding out when their cut off dates are?
Alternatively, if anyone knows of other resorts that offer passes for children born in 2001, please let me know.

2. Cheap Local or Small Resort Passes
My youngest son has only just started skiing; therefore buying an area pass is a bit OTT. If anyone knows of a resort with good cheap local passes, that would be useful. (Don’t worry about size of resort (piste km), it’s just me and him going this time)

3. Free Lifts
I taught my eldest son in Les Arc (when the lower chairlift in 1600 was free). So if anyone knows of a resort with good free lifts, then that would also be greatly appreciated.

4. Point System
I did find some info on this site regarding a points system for passes in Les Arc, however I can’t find it on the Les Arc site. Is this now n/a?
Are there other resorts operating a similar system?

Any help on the above would be gratefully received.

Hopefully someone may find the info on Saas Fee useful; I think Zermatt is the same (2001).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MRG wrote:
3. Free Lifts
I taught my eldest son in Les Arc (when the lower chairlift in 1600 was free). So if anyone knows of a resort with good free lifts, then that would also be greatly appreciated.

I would like to know this too. Is there a directory anywhere of free lifts?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't know about free lifts - but a lot of resorts IME have a pass you can buy just for the beginners slope/lift, but they don't publicise it on the net. Champoussin for example will sell you a pass just for the Sepaya t-bar and button lift that run alongside the nursery slope, but you have to ask for it.

And the Portes du Soleil have a point system, if you get one of their electronic passes, every time you buy time on it, whether local or full area, you are allocated bonus points (printed on the card), and when you get to 200, you get a free one day whole area pass. Had possibly my best day's ski-ing ever on one of these free day passes in 2010.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought most resorts had at least one or two free lifts for beginners.
In La Plagne it is possible to ski from above Plagne Villages down to Plagne 1800 using free lifts (and back up again using skibus and/or lifts, similarly from Aime 2000 down to Plagne 1800 (and back again) using free lifts/bus!
Surprise surprise the lift co's don't publish such info Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know of any directory of free lifts.

For the record, though the offers are probably too restrictive to interest you, the Kitzbühel area offers some bargains for kids:
1) Beginners' lifts in the valley (in Kitzbühel and other places like Jochberg) are free (for those born from 1993); details here.

2) This season the new Resterhöhe chairlift at Pass Thurn is free (for those born from 1993, accompanied by an adult with lift ticket); details here (only in German).

3) On 22nd January 2012 (Hahnenkamm slalom day) Kitzbühel is supporting the FIS Children's Ski Day by making all lifts free for those born from 1996; details here (actually it says "born in 1996 or earlier", so I suppose that includes me as one of the young of heart Laughing).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MRG, welcome snowHead to snowHeads
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair wrote:
MRG, welcome snowHead to snowHeads
(a bit tardy as I see you posted nearly two years ago!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
I thought most resorts had at least one or two free lifts for beginners.
In La Plagne it is possible to ski from above Plagne Villages down to Plagne 1800 using free lifts (and back up again using skibus and/or lifts, similarly from Aime 2000 down to Plagne 1800 (and back again) using free lifts/bus!
Surprise surprise the lift co's don't publish such info Very Happy

The free drag in Plagne Villages (from the back of the shops) is very useful for getting your ski-legs if you arrive in the afternoon and its not worth paying for an extra day's lift pass.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VT is good for some of these IMO. It has 1 free drag and 4 free magic carpets. Also does a beginners pass with restricted lifts
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Free Lifts
Tignes has a few free ones:
1. x1 slow chair and x1 drag at Le Lac. Both serve easy beginner runs/areas suitable for learning.
2. The fast and comfy Bollin chair at Val Claret. This one is particularly recommended for beginners as it serves an area suitable for nursery slope use as well as a very quiet (separate from the main slopes) green run, as well as a (busier) blue run. There's also a mountain restaurant at the top for warming hot chocolate to revive any cold or flagging beginners.
3. x1 drag lift at Les Brevieres.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy