Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurosport Women's FIS Alpine World Cup...what happened?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've spent three months watching every women's world cup race and, suddenly, they don't show the night slalom in Flachau and they don't seem to be showing any of the races in Kitzbuehl at the weekend. Is this normal right towards the end of a competition? That is appalling scheduling. My brother said Eurosport were banned from showing rugby because of this. Thankfully, I'll be watching the finals live in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and thank God the BBC are covering the Olympics. Anybody know how else I can watch this with pictures? I watched Flachau on the FIS live ticker...good but not quite the same Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have they not got the rights to the Austrian races again this year I wonder ?
I know they never had until the last couple of years so Kitzbuehl were never on.

Edit: No hang on Soelden was on - don't know then.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jerry, I thought maybe that, too, at first. My brother lives in Garmisch and could only get the Flachau event on ORF..the Austrian TV channel, none of the German channels showed it, even though Maria Riesch is from Garmisch. As you say, though, Solden was on and they're showing a whole half hour of the men's super-G in Kitzbuehl, don't think it's live though. Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nicmk65, I only tend to watch the men's racing (will watch the girls if I get chance but I'd end up doing nothing but watch skiing all weekend Smile) and I seem to remember that they did miss showing all or at least one run of something of the men's the other week too - I think there was ski jumping, may have been the four-hills or something, can't remember, instead - but maybe it's just too much winter sport and not enough airtime at this time of year. (Bearing in mind they also show lots of biathlon, jumping, XC, bob, etc)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
iirc Eurosport didn't show Kitzbuehel last year either as they didn't have the rights to do so.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The women are racing in Cortina this weekend, not Kitzbuhel, that is the men's races.

Seems like Australian Open tennis has virtually taken over Eurosport at the moment, everything else will be on the back burner I suspect.
Especially if Andy Murray stays in it probably.

My Sky planner shows Live Downhill (from Kitzbuhel) for the Men at 10.30am Saturday on Eurosport 2

Whether or not that will actually appear will depend greatly on the preceding tennis I suspect.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah I found that Live coverage on Saturday afterwards and they're showing the Super G on Friday but all the mens. And I got all mixed up with the location...doooh rolling eyes However, Cortina or not they're not showing the women's at this crucial stage in the world cup Crying or Very sad Guess it'll have to the live ticker on the FIS website again. Like you Jerry, I only watch the women's as I just haven't got time to watch the men's, too. Only started watching the men's now, so that I at least know what's going on when I go to see the last races in Garmisch...can't wait. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nicmk65 wrote:
Yeah I found that Live coverage on Saturday afterwards and they're showing the Super G on Friday but all the mens. And I got all mixed up with the location...doooh rolling eyes However, Cortina or not they're not showing the women's at this crucial stage in the world cup Crying or Very sad Guess it'll have to the live ticker on the FIS website again. Like you Jerry, I only watch the women's as I just haven't got time to watch the men's, too. Only started watching the men's now, so that I at least know what's going on when I go to see the last races in Garmisch...can't wait. snowHead

I mainly watch the womens too really.

I just prefer the womens races somehow (and it's not just because it's women)

The fact Eurosport aren't showing any of it this weekend just about sums up their coverage this
season, which has been mainly very patchy I think.

Presumably Cortina will be covered by Italian tv, can you get it via the internet at all I wonder.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy