Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - Val Claret.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend of mine is staying in Tignes Val Claret from the 12th of this month. I've said that I will go out and stay there as well, but in seperate accomodation (she is going with her mother). I was going to stay with Mark Warner in Tignes Le Lac and get the bus, but that has sold out, so I know need some suggestions of where to stay, price not really an issue.

Also I need a quick guide to apres ski, nightlife and dining in Tigne VC and leL. I already know the skiing pretty well, as I've stayed in Val d'Isere loads of times before.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apres Ski & Nightlife - I inhabited the Fish Tank for the entire week of my stay - very hospitable! Hot chocolate with Baileys is highly recommended, as are the paninis! I wasn't impressed with the Marmite flavoured vodka though (Ewww!). Just in case you are wondering it is a Brit Bar.

Accomadation - via expedia Odalys Residance Rond de point des pistes, cheap and cheerful yet more importantly one minute away from the lift nearest the Funiculaire. The apartment thing we got had two bedrooms, living/dining room, bathroom, toilet and kitchen. It wasn't very big but it was warm and clean. Think it cost approx £200 though that was the first week in Feb.

Eating out - the chinese was pretty good, eat all you like buffet, Pizzaria 2000 (I think that is what it was called - hop skip & jump from the Fish Tank) wasn't too bad but they did seem to shove the Brits in the tables nearest the doors which gets a bit chilly! There is also a Tapas bar there too which was quite nice, actually don't think I had a bad meal in the entire week.

As a side note I hope you don't need to use the medical facilities but they were very good too!

There's an excellent bus link between Tignes Le Lac, Val Claret and Les Brevieres (not sure if that is what it's called but the other place lol) is excellent, not sure on what time the last bus is though as I was limited in walking capacity :-s but they are every 5-10 minutes or so during the day.

Hope this helps & have a fab time Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DZJ1978 wrote:
There's an excellent bus link between Tignes Le Lac, Val Claret and Les Brevieres (not sure if that is what it's called but the other place lol) is excellent, not sure on what time the last bus is though as I was limited in walking capacity :-s but they are every 5-10 minutes or so during the day.

The bus runs between Le Lac, Val Claret and Le Lavachet. Les Brevieres is further down the valley.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think DZJ1978 meant Les Bosses - there is a free bus service that runs from Le Lac to Les Bosses (but not Les Brevieres).

The Le Lac, Val Claret and Le Lavachet service is 24 hour, albeit only once an hour between midnight and 0630.

Apres Ski: Well I've been in The Alpaka in Le Lac every evening so far (and should be there now, not here in the tourist office). It's where the Ski Club Rep meets & is very sociable. The Fish Tank is possibly a little too 'youthful' for us wink .

Eating Out: We've been trying to save money but can endorse the Indo Chine Restaurant, and Pizza 2000 in Val Claret. In Le Lac, 'Crepes a Go Go' (I kid you not) is good for, er, crepes & galettes, The Alpaka is good for a 4 course blow-out (booking essential), and our favourite, 'L'Eterlou' up Bec Rouge a bit, is a nice French place.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy