Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Altitude Festival, Meribel, 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just discovered, with no little horror, that the Altitude festival is running 20-26th March this year, same time as I am there. Has anyone got any experience of said festival? Specifically exactly how much does it disrupt the normal running of things, and how much it encroaches into Mottaret (where I'm staying)?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The festival rotates around various bars and other venues in Meribel so at worst you might have to go to Bar B,C,D or E one night if Bar A is is hosting a gig.

There is also the occasional (perhaps one-off) gig in a mountain-top restaurant.

In common with most people staying in Meribel however, it doesn't go anywhere near Mottaret.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr John, There is also http://www.littleworldfestival.com/ in Meribel featuring a free gig on the piste by The Feeling
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That looks like a certain "must miss"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Absolutely - you'd hate to have any professional live entertainment ruin your holiday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
albinomountainbadger, narrow your criteria please. Susan Boyle counts as professional live entertainment, and she would certainly put a dent in my holiday enjoyment.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You make a good point.

The bands and comedians involved in both these festivals are top notch though (there are even comedians for the kids) and the Feeling are Three Valleys royalty.

If neither is your cup of tea then you might enjoy the Rastro restaurant in Motarret on a Tuesday - the DJ admits he has been playing the same CD (note singular) for 12 years. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not completely averse to a bit of mountain entertainment, if we happen across a free gig we might stop and have a nose, but I much prefer to keep plans fluid. After the effort of planning a holiday for 4 blokes, and then planning the day's skiing, I certainly don't want to have to make plans for the evening as well. Chilling out over a drink or 6 in a small friendly place is much more up my strasse, even more so if we just happen upon it. Read about the Rastro and it sounds like it might work, plus I think it's pretty much our local for where were staying (chalet in Le Laitelet). Any other similar bars in Mottaret worth of note?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Rastro is really the only place of any (ill)repute in Mottaret, despite the music those Tuesdays are famed for nudity and people climbing the walls... The other bars are nice for a quieter drink but it's such a small place (arranged around a simple rectangle) you can wander them with minimal effort until you settle on one you like for the evening.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy