Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BSL Instructors Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We are a family of 4.We are novices at sking although we tried the local excape,the children are 8 & 11.The 11 year old is a BSL user and as slight other disabilities (concentration,attention,not the best of balance)Although she is very determined.We originally looked at Bulgaria but for the same money we can spend a week in Scotland.

Does anyone know of any BSL instructors in Scotland any region for sking.We are looking to take the Children out of school for a week in March.Any other tips would be great...

REgards John
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Disability Snowsports UK ( http://www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/ ) have a ski school based on Cairngorm, near Aviemore. Phone no. 01479 861272
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, Disability Snowsports would be a good first call and they are based on Cairngorm.

You could also try contacting The Ski School (see the link in my sig) whose office is just round the corner from from the Disability Snowsports office in the Daylodge. I instruct with them in busy periods but I'm not sure if there's anyone who is competent in BSL - I'm incompetent in it lol, having done a very basic course years ago but I'm afraid I've forgotten most. However there is an instructor who works with disabilities and trains other instructors to work with disabilities so he may well be able to help you. If you do contact The Ski School ask for Mike or Amanda and they should be able to advise.

Best of luck and do let us know how you get on and give me a shout by PM if you want any more info Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JohnPop, hello and welcome to SH. I also live in N Lincs, near Brigg - small world eh! Can't help with ski instruction in BSL in Scotland I'm afraid. There is an organisation called Silent Snow which is based in the Milton Keynes area and at one time there used to be someone who taught in BSL at Tamworth. My sister is profoundly Deaf and teaches/assesses BSL in S Wales/midlands and I'm a Level 3 signer about to do L4. My sister learned her initial skiing by the watch/copy method but this March we're going away together and I am going to interpret for her as far as possible.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the help i have emailed Disabilitysnowsports and phoned The ski sckool in aviemore.It is just that the kids tend to be in different ski school than parents and it would be nice to have a deaf aware person the only altenative is private lessons for the famil but that will and more money

And BUTTERFLY i to am a Yorkshire EXpat from Malton now living in Barrow
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JohnPop, hope you get a good response - I know The Ski School have been very busy recently so bear with them if they don't get back to you straight away. If you do have any hassles give me a shout and I'll ask around when I'm next up working there in 3 weeks time.

BTW, now Butterfly has mentioned the levels I'm reminded it was a L1 I did around 15 years ago, passed by the skin of my teeth, I used to work with deaf/blind adults in a different life back then!

Where abouts are you staying in Scotland?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JohnPop, aha - a VERY small world! We run the bellringing at Barrow - would it be your daughter I noticed at Christingle last year? roga, L1 & 2 have changed radically now, and not for the better. They are modular, but with the first tests being too early, so there is a high failure rate rolling eyes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy