Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WAYNES NO NONSENSE ALL INCLUSIVE SKI HOLIDAY PACKAGES

Poster: A snowHead
Wayne, first of all I commend you for buying advertising space on the forum rather than using it to pimp your wares for free, as so many do.

That said I have to say that your pricing structure is not as transparent as what you lead us to believe it is. I see this advertisement on the forum, can't remember the exact price now but I think it was £790 for half term and £570 for all other dates in 2011, this price is inclusive of flights, transfers, ski cariage/hire and lift passes (same as the packages that Crystal offer). So I click on this link thinking £570 to Folgarida I might just have some of that, but when I go onto the Hotel pages of the website I see that all dates other than Half Term are showing as unavailable.

So my question to You Wayne is can you sell me a holiday to Folgarida for any other date other than half term in 2011 for the very reasonable price of £570 inclusive of all the Bells and Whistles. Simple question Yes or No. If Yes I will probably put some business your way, if No then why when you claim to be so transparent with no hidden extras, what you see is what you get etc etc are you advertising all other dates for £570.

I await your response. Admin please do not remove these are valid questions.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kel, if you are looking at this page:

http://www.folgarida.co.uk/hotel_plans/Folgarida_Hotel_Vecchia_America_2011.htm

you need to scroll down further. i would surmise that they only take floors 1, 2 and 5 for 1/2 term and take floor 4 for the whole season
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kel, I'm mystified why the aggressive tone - why not pm Wayne?
PS Glad you managed to free off your caps lock key.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno,

My Mistake I didn't scroll down
Boredsurfing, If it came over aggressive, it wasn't meant. It was meant to come over matter of fact and Arno, Has put me right !!. I thouht it was rather balanced

Wayne, first of all I commend you for buying advertising space on the forum rather than using it to pimp your wares for free, as so many do.

So my question to You Wayne is can you sell me a holiday to Folgarida for any other date other than half term in 2011 for the very reasonable price of £570 inclusive of all the Bells and Whistles. Simple question Yes or No. If Yes I will probably put some business your way. And I probably will.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wayne, might I suggest that you put floor 4 to the top of the page. Then ignoramouses like myself can find it without help from Arno,

BTW That really is a VERY (excuse the caps lock) good price.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well now I have had a closer look it still is not as transparent as what it appears to be.

Ski carriage is advertised as inclusive, it isn't, but ski hire is, so you are paying for ski hire whether you want it or not. Also the price is based on a quad room, the norm for a hotel booking is prices based on a twin/double and that's another £60 per person. So in total that's £100 over and above the headline price, but still not bad value.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kel, the deal is for ski hire or ski carriage, on the basis that you won't want both Wink

Other unusual things: there's a discount for more-to-a-room (I have a wife and three kids, normally they give you a room-for-six and charge for under-occupancy)

Other probably not unusual things that were extra: fly from Heathrow (due to BAA charge) - standard price is for Gatwick flight

Other definitely not unusual things: car parking, lunch, beer money wink

(I'm going to Folgarida with Wayne this half-term).

Also note the Ts&Cs which say that the final price may vary depending on exchange rate. Normally Wayne absorbs this but had to pay ~+12% this year Sad Even then you would only be looking at £640 rather than £570.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TallTone wrote:
Kel, the deal is for ski hire or ski carriage, on the basis that you won't want both Wink

Other unusual things: there's a discount for more-to-a-room (I have a wife and three kids, normally they give you a room-for-six and charge for under-occupancy)

Well actually not, the banner states free ski carriage or hire, but go to http://www.folgarida.co.uk/folgarida_holiday_costs.htm and you will see carriage is now an optional extra, but hire is inclusive whether you want it or not Confused

With regards to pricing on room's every Hotel I have been to, the guide price is for a room sleeping 2 not 4 as you find out when you visit the website. Pricing rooms for 6 then charging under occupancy is the practice tour op's usually use on apartment's not hotel room's.

I do agree still good value and I am contemplating booking a week, but I will have to wait until 02 March before I can book, again see website.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 19-01-10 20:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ooooh bee in your bonnet! Am enjoying the shooting self in foot posting though... do continue.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kel, Interesting point about the ski carriage, the site does now clearly state that ski carriage is not inluded and offers the following explanation

We have previously always been able to offer free ski carriage as part of our package. But, as some airlines are now charging (to put it politely) crazy amounts for carriage, we no longer able to offer this facility. If you wish to take your own skis this will be changed at the rate available on the day you book.

That's fair enough, but :

i) yes, airlines are charging more and more for ski carriage, but with the exception of Ryanair, the cost of carriage is likely to be less than the cost of a weeks rental - this may therefore put into question the quality of the rental equipment offered ?

ii) why no mention of a deduction for not using the pre-paid rental skis ?

Pleased to see deductions for non-skiing customers though.

Wayne, I'm not having a go, I wish you every success, just giving my opinion which I hope will be of use.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wayne, Customer from Hell. Avoid. wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
how do I get to the snowheads advertising page ? I know there used to be one but I can not find it any more Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, snowShops?

Kel, fair enough, hadn't seen that, just remembered the deal for this time.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There are number of ways to contact me.
As well as being the owner of a TO I am also a ski instructor; therefore Godly, Omniscient and Omnipotent, so you could (as most people on Earth do) go to a church and pray. I may answer you or may not – note that some communities have been doing this for centuries and I have not yet got round to answering them.
Another method would be (which I understand is slightly more mundane, but more likely to achieve you aims) to call me on the number on the site. Just ring the main office number and ask for me. Note that mnay times you call will be switched over here, but you will only pay for a normal UK call.
Or just e mail me and I will call you back.

Kel wrote:
Well actually not, the banner states free ski carriage or hire, but go to http://www.folgarida.co.uk/folgarida_holiday_costs.htm and you will see carriage is now an optional extra, but hire is inclusive whether you want it or not Confused

Yes ski carriage is included or ski hire - you NEED one (unless you choose the non-skiing option).
John (IT dept – which is someone who knows how to Control-Alt-Delete) was messing around with the site yesterday (Sunday and Monday) for a few hours and changed lots of the pages – did anyone note (as I did Mad Confused Mad Confused ) that Folgarida was moved to France on the Google Map Link – one of the things he was doing was adding pop-up layers to various bits - this is the bit you cut-n-pasted
All this was meant to be test on the internal server – for some reason (again Mad Confused Mad Confused ) it was published on our public server.
All I can say is ooops.
Of course, we way have now initiated a Japanese Management System so he will be forced to bow to everyone on Tuesday morning before being bitch-slapped with a wet fish. If it happens again he will have his Custard-Cream privileges taken away.

Hotels – dead simple (if your scroll button is working). We book six large hotels for half term – two of which are not shown on the F co uk site, as they are advertised on another of our sites.
We booked all rooms in the four hotels you can see on the site for HT and two floors in two of these hotels for the whole season. Thats enough for about 1,800 over HT and 120 people per week at other times – depending on room configure rations.

Kel wrote:
So my question to You Wayne is can you sell me a holiday to Folgarida for any other date other than half term in 2011.

Yes

Bode Swiller wrote:
Wayne, Customer from Hell. Avoid. wink

All our clients are wonderful wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne,

Like the look of your operation and the resort. Thinking about next season - so not an urgent query - I notice that the 1st date in the pricing panel is 2nd Jan - do you cover Xmas please ?
ski holidays
Thanks to this thread I am now also considering booking this for next year - unheard for me to be organised so far in advance - but the deals really do look very good. Thanks, Kel, and thanks Wayne!!
snow report
kendadj wrote:
do you cover Xmas

No - sorry. The last thing I want to say to anyone is please don't send me some cash and a booking.
But, for the 10/11 Christmas/New Year week the flights don't tie in with the hotels. We tried to get round this but we could see so many possible problems we decided not to run over Christmas/New Year.
latest report
Wayne,

Thank-you very much for your somewhat cryptic reply Laughing First of all I am a genuine punter and not the customer from hell thatBode Swiller, refer's to wink

I am pleased to see that you have re-instated the inclusive ski carriage, as we both know this was not inclusive yesterday as both masmith, and TallTone, also noticed. What's more I would have thought that this would have been the cheaper option for you, but hey that's your business.

Genuinely though your website did throw me somewhat, as all the dates had red crosses on other than half term until you scroll half way down the page and reach the floor that is available all season. You may want to think about putting the room available all season to the top of the page to avoid further confusion, just a thought.

So in short a twin room at the Renzi will cost me £650 pp inc of everything other than Manchester supplement, ball park what would this be £30!!.

One last question is Folgarida linked with Madonna Di Campagnolia and if so does the inclusive lift pass cover MDC.

Like I said earlier Wayne, I am a genuine punter and am looking to book for next year, it maybe a family hol or a group of 12-16 will have to bounce the idea around with some mates and see what happens. Finally these prices are as keen as I have seen anywhere, good luck with your venture.
ski holidays
[quote="Kel"]Wayne,

So in short a twin room at the Renzi will cost me £650 pp inc of everything other than Manchester supplement, ball park what would this be £30!!.

As long as it is any other week than HT
latest report
Kel wrote:
Wayne,

As long as it's not Half Term.
snow report
Kel wrote:
I am pleased to see that you have re-instated the inclusive ski carriage
From what Wayne has said (which I thought was not especially cryptic - at least not compared to The Times' crossword), the inclusive ski carriage was never 'un-instated' - it was merely a cock-up by some twit in IT who was playing around with the website and was unaware that he was publishing the potential changes. snowHead

I've got to say (as many others have), that I might actually think about a booking for next year if the rest of the family are up to skiing again.
snow conditions
There is no such thing as bad publicity Smile
snow conditions
tiffin, Gerald Ratner may dispute that Toofy Grin
latest report
... and just to join the merry bandwagon, now that you have non-skiing deductions, there are other potential clients over here
snow report
And results from the TO Snowheads Cup:

Folgarida 1 Ski Beat 0
snow conditions
Kel wrote:
Genuinely though your website did throw me somewhat, as all the dates had red crosses on other than half term until you scroll half way down the page and reach the floor that is available all season. You may want to think about putting the room available all season to the top of the page to avoid further confusion, just a thought.

It's been altered - there is now a link at the top of the page (for the Renzi and V America) saying - Go To Half Term Availability.
Unless people tell us what's wrong (or could be improved) we won't know, so cheers for that.

Kel wrote:
One last question is Folgarida linked with Madonna Di Campagnolia

Yes. You can ski over just on Blues BUT you MUST be able to ski a steep Red to ski back (too steep to walk down). Although there is a free bus back from MDC to Folgarida if you can't do steep, or it gets late.

Kel wrote:
does the inclusive lift pass cover MDC.

No. Cost €20 per day if you want to go over.
snow report
Wayne wrote:
Kel wrote:
does the inclusive lift pass cover MDC.

No. Cost €20 per day if you want to go over.

Presumably though it includes Marilleva?

Is the €20/day a walk-up price (i.e. from any lift pass office)?
snow report
Wayne,

hi wayne - is the lift pass for the local area or the dolimiti superski pass?

cheers

Nick
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nick0861, Folgarida is not in the Dolomiti superski area.

The Large area pass which would cover it would be the Skirama one http://www.skirama.it/EN/home/?s=0&

But from his comments above, that is nt the included one.
snow conditions
TallTone wrote:
Is the €20/day a walk-up price (i.e. from any lift pass office)?

Yes, any lift pass office will do.
But best bet would be to go the bottom of of the run that leads down from Orso Bruno and have a look at the red coming back. If you think it's OK and you could ski it, then you can get an extention from the pass office there.

nick0861 wrote:
is the lift pass for the local area or the dolimiti superski pass?

The pass we supply covers all the lifts in Folgarida and Marilleva. The MDC extention cost 20 per day extra.
ski holidays
Wayne, Would it be possible to upgrade to a weekly pass that covers MDC, I know I would want this. If so at what cost.
snow report
I don't know.
The cost (this year is 40 per week - http://www.ski.it/upload/files/FFM_LIST_ING_0910_web.pdf).
As we buy shed loads of passess not sure if the passes we get can be changed - I know they can be extended but not sure if we can get a different types of passes in the same order.
I will pop over the lift pass office this evening and find out.

Will send you a PM with the answer.
snow report
1800 at half term Shock !!

I've also been looking at this since your ad appeared last week, looks very attractive even at half term prices.

My main concern is ski school for the kids ,both age 8 next year. With this many punters and the fact that you work for the ski school have you any power (or inclination) to pre book ski school with kids of the same age/ability travelling with you together, maybe from the same hotels? If so this would then become VERY attractive!
snow report
paulfaz, Thats an easy one Toofy Grin
We always have put kids under 10 in a seperate class grouped by ability.
We also (where possible) put kids from 11 to 16 in a seperate class.
Come to think about it, why would any TO not do that. Much simpler to sort out.
Note that we don't group by hotel unless there are 10 kids of the same ability in the same hotel.
ski holidays
Ski Carriage

As you asked - it's almost certain that next we will not be able to offer ski carriage (even if paid for) on KLM flights.
Just a word to the wiser for anyone looking at DIY or TO for next year, nothing to do with cost but just the type of planes they will be using
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy