Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP...Morzine...ski school/private? Anyone used Piou Piou Club?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all!

Going to Morzine on April 3rd, quite a big group, including 2x5 year olds and 3x7 year olds. One of the 5 yrs and one of the 7 yrs are my kids and they have had some previous private instruction and are happy skiers, but the other kids are all new to it!

I need to make a decision and book some ski instruction but keep umming and aahing!! Has anyone used the esf Piou Piou club? It appeals that we can drop the kids off there and they get their lesson then we can pick them up at midday HOWEVER have had some troubles with ESF in the past (not in Morzine though) and I am concerned they will be in large group and not learn much. It also happens to be 50 metres from our chalet so rather handy.

The other option is that we book some private tuition but then we have the problem of do the 5 year olds need an adult with them (what happens with toilet etc!) and also their instruction would be for, say, 1.5 hours - even if one of adults doesn't need to stay then it limits the time we can have our own tuition. If I have to stay with them (the other adults apart from me and hubby are beginners!) then I will miss out on a time for me to get some tuition with hubby, although we could always do it later in day when the other adults have finished their beginner groups and can look after the kids?

Any advice, anyone used Piou Piou? I tried to contact BASS Morzine for advice but they have some communication problems, an enquiry gets treated as a booking request then they send reminders about payment...it put me off them!

I do think that a bit of private tuition has more value than a week of classes with 12 kids in them....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have not been to Morzine with the kids but not a great fan of ESF but have put my 3 kids through ski school in France Italy and Austria for their first 2 weeks skiing - thereafter ski with us. I personally think that one day private will give them a wee bit more than 1 week in ski school - usually works out same. I would try to pursue the BASS thing though as if you do put them in ski school, I have found that our kids are the only English speaking kids and therefore left behind in terms of clear instruction
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shmaggle, I have come across other people who have trouble booking with BASS, going through all the business with the enquiry form etc. Will pm you an e mail address that we have for them as that might help.

Friends of our had their grandchildren staying at Christmas and used BASS for them 5 and about 7 years old I think - and they got on very well and preferred it to Piou Piou used previously.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy