Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lessons in Meribel - Clinics v groups

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

New Generation seem to offer 2 X 2.5 hour technical clinics (up to 6 people) or 5 X 2 hour groups (up to 8 ). Parallel Lines seem to do something similar.

Which would people recommend? Any advice appreciated! Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
silvia0723, New Generation of course
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
silvia0723, I (and other snowHeads) have had lessons with Angus Meldrum of Parallel Lines and thought he was brilliant. I can't speak for anyone else there. Also, Angus is apparently spending a lot of time in Scotland at the moment, so his availability in Meribel is reduced.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
silvia0723, I'm out to Meribel in March and have been considering doing a bit of mix and match (although that could be prohibitively expensive).

For me the group lessons ensure that I ski every day and learn a little more in a social environment. I'd expect it to cover a broad range of different terrains and skills. I'd expect a technical clinic to be more focussed on specifics (the New Gen site has 4 tailored classes for this).

I've done the group lessons with New Generation before and they were fine (my first year skiing, so I had nothing to judge them against). Now I'm a better skier I'd certainly consider the technical clinic focussed on one of my weaker areas.

I think it depends on what you want and need to learn right now. If you're just starting out and want to make sure you get plenty of practice in a supportive environment group lessons are a good bet. If you're already a confident skier who just needs to improve in a few areas the technical clinics might be for you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife & I just got back from Meribel where we both did week long courses with http://www.snoworks.co.uk/

Tuition was in a group of about 6 for 3 hours a day - 3 days in the morning, 2 in the afternoon - so still plenty of time to get out & do your own thing.

It was the first time either of us has done group lessons, normally opting private lessons. I found it a lot of fun skiing with a group all at the same level, plus I picked up quite a bit from watching others in the group.

Instructors were top notch and native English speakers, which I think helps. I experienced 2 instructors as I was moved groups after the first day & both were extremely friendly, patient & above all very good teachers.

Snoworks run multiple groups at different levels, so while I was off doing off piste skiing, my wife was perfecting her parallel turns. So whatever level you're at I'm sure they'll have something that suits.

Good luck!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy