Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel ski property has reached "€37,000 per m²" [St Moritz: "€17,000 per m²]

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A survey of the ten most up-market ski resorts in Europe has revealed that Courchevel 1850 tops the lot. Prices of top property, per square metre, are more than double those of Meribel, St Moritz and Val d'Isere ... and nearly three times those of Zermatt or Verbier.

This report from Wealth Bulletin.

Courchevel 1850:
Quote:
Rub shoulders with: Roman Abramovich, Flavio Briatore, Naomi Campbell, Victoria Beckham and George Clooney.

Zermatt:
Quote:
Rub shoulders with: Robbie Williams

Kitzbuhel:
Quote:
Rub shoulders with: Eric Clapton

Chamonix:
Quote:
Rub shoulders with: Tiger Woods

Really?

La Rosiere:
Quote:
Rub shoulders with:

Best response wins a sachet of Head & Shoulders

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 19-01-10 12:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Amazing Powder Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I see Megeve comes in at number 8.
The prominent location of McDonalds in such an 'upmarket' French resort always makes me smile.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Courchevel 1850:
Quote:
Rub shoulders with: Roman Abramovich, Flavio Briatore, Naomi Campbell, Victoria Beckham and George Clooney.
Damn, I want my money back. I've never seen him there. Sad

There are some bizarre statements in that article, such as Zermatt being unknown in comparison with St Moritz, and all accommodation in Verbier being ski-in/ski-out. Makes you wonder about the rest of the so-called facts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing wrote:
The prominent location of McDonalds in such an 'upmarket' French resort always makes me smile.

That's until you see their prices. Have you seen the cost of a McFondue in there?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

McFondue

Ernst Goldsmith, is there such a thing?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not quite sure how to repond to that question without an apology. I was thinking along the lines of "No, they've discontinued it, because the burners were setting fire to the foam plastic fondue pots."
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing,
Quote:

Ernst Goldsmith, is there such a thing?

Is that easier to answer? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think if you walked into Megeve McDonalds and handed the manager €37,000 he could probably come up with something, and quite possibly offer you the choice of cheese or meat. This could legitimately be described as a McFondue but, no, it doesn't exist as yet.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
La Rosiere:
Quote:
Rub shoulders with:

Best response wins a sachet of Head & Shoulders

Jodie Marsh

A St. Bernard

Sunshine

A view of a better resort across the valley...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Friendly Frenchmen.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It is more like 12-18KE/m2 in Courchevel 1850 although there may be properties that have sold for 37KE/m2. The bigger chalets sell for more than appts because they are rarer so there may be a micromarket within the micromarket. It is a bit like Dubai.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Courchevel 1850 is like Mayfair; it's a ghetto where the very rich want to be because of the cachet the name brings, the size/quality/cost of the accommodation and hanging out with "people like them", the town itself hold very little of any interest to normal people i.e 95% of punters. It's only saving grace in, of course, the local ski area. The hilarious thing is the heavenly pistes are accessed quicker by the rowdy scum from the Meribel side, which is where you'll find me mid-March.

I asume that everyone knows that the proces are kept artificially high in 1850l (and Mayfair), not so much to keep out the riff raff, but because the rich live in such a bubble they think they are automatically associate cost with quality, regardless of the reality. A friend of mine used to run a pub in Mayfair, when he took it over he dropped the outrageous prices and trade dropped correspondingly. He raised them again and the trade returned. Same goes for 1850. Go figure.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy