Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AirCanada check luggage change

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
don't know if this is covered elsewhere but will impact a number of people. (including ourselves)
I've picked up the details from Ski club GB and concerns economy class travellers.

"Air Canada have reduced their checked baggage allowance for Economy Class travel between Europe and Canada/USA from today (unless you booked before Dec 23rd 2009).

They used to allow 2 bags (e.g. a suitcase + a ski bag). It is now reduced to 1 bag, with a charge of $50 CAD for an extra bag."

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/baggage/sports_equip.html

they also make comment about a hard shell bag. This si new to me as each time i have flown with them I've used my non-hard Head canvas style ski bag that has been fine.
can anyone comment on this please Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd seen the statement about hard shell bags before, but sad to see they have now started charging extra. Why else does anybody fly to Canada in mid winter Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57785

Richard_Sideways wrote:
Is that new this year? Flew Air Canada last year to Calgary no problems at all with a standard soft boardbag.
Hardcase board bags (boardbox?) are rarer than rocking horse poop.

...ah... taken from the AirCanada website

"If otherwise packaged, items will only be accepted on board if the passenger signs a limited release form at check-in, releasing Air Canada of all liability."
link

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 19-01-10 11:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi rob and sharon,

I flew with them about a month and a half ago (so admittedly before these changes) but all was fine - no complaints at all from us, they were great.

Only realised when I went to check in online that we were supposed to have told them at least 24hrs in advance of carriage of skis/boots, and failure to do this would mean having to pay a charge for carriage of those bits (can't remember how much it was). Obviously we'd failed to do this, but they never even mentioned it at the airport and so we got away with it. I also noticed the bit about hard vs soft ski bags, but just like the previous comment we were fine. I had a soft bag - no issue at all at the airport. And I padded it with out with my ski clothes.

The check in girl even let my mate get away with a few kg over the weight allowance. His bags, not him (although they'd have a case for that too)!!!!

Good luck.

Cheers
Billy M
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Air Canada had that same caveat for soft ski bags 5 years ago when I flew with them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy