Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My lad has a school ski holiday there, Easter 2011.
Easter is mid April in 2011, what's the snow record like there, it is quite late.
Flaine website suggests that it is good, but they would say that.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easter sunday is 4 April. Depends when the trip is, but normally there would still be plenty of snow in the Flaine bowl, though some lower areas of the Grand Massif might be bare - or indeed closed. Normally school trips have lessons - and there should certainly be plenty of snow for lessons. And school trips aren't just about snow quality. wink They'll have a great time.

Easter's a good time to ski - certainly better than half term. I did once ski on the most terrible slush in the Flaine bowl, with conditions only just about all right at the top. and that was early January! I'd say that late snow conditions are, on average, better than early ones - though that's just based on the last 7 seasons and obviously there are no guarantees at any time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flaine website suggests it's good because it is (in my experience anyway)
Have been to Flaine for the long weekend after easter 5 times in a row (around 19th to the 22nd April time) and it's always been superb, spring snow, we've been lucky enogh to have freshies 4 out of 5 times. Snow base at Flaine is huge this year(again snowHead ) If I had to do one ski trip in a year it would be arrive the saturday after the easter holiday lot leave.
Nobody on the pistes, tonnes of snow, sun, perfect.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers Folks, that's good enough for me .
Yep, even with reduced access to lower slopes, it'll still be brilliant.

PAM W, 2011, not 2010, they book early !

Must dash, off to Tignes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sarge, yes, I didn't notice that! Trouble with school trips booked that far in advance is that by then, they'll have new best mates/girls/enemies......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Easter Sunday is 24 April in 2011 which is late - so as pam w, says it depends when the school take the actual trip. But Flaine will still be fine at that stage in the year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy