Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip Report - Xmas/NY in Idaho - Sun Valley and Brundage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We had UK visitors for Xmas/New Year, so we took them on a road trip through Idaho. A week at Sun Valley and 3 days at Brundage, a place i suspect few snowheads have heard of.

Sun Valley is a famous place - the Idaho equivalent of Aspen, I guess. It has the longest, most consistent fall-line skiing in North America on Bald Mountain. The Sun Valley Lodge is a wonderful place to stay, especially when there are deals that basically give you free accommodation for the price of a lift ticket. Incredible value for an historic, elegant lodge, litterd with celebs (Buzz Aldrin was wandering around, and Arnie was rumored to be in residence). We hit a very cold, wonderfully sunny week. The only fresh snow was what emerged from the huge snowmaking system, but it was fresh every day. The bumps runs were superb. Limelight, when they don’t groom it gives about 2000 vertical feet of steep, beautifully skier-formed bumps. Upper River run is a close second.

We then drove 4+ hours to McCall, ID, a sleepy little village near Brundage Mountain. This was without doubt a local’s hill, but with great snow (no guns here = over 300+ inches snowfall on average, and really light fluff) and some superb tree skiing, littered with some short but genuine double-black diamonds. We had a nice powder day, and 3 days of top skiing. McCall is sleepy in winter, but there's a couple of good restaurants and a fine brew pub.

There's a video
here - mostly my nephew boarding but the scenery is good Wink.

Sun Valley pics are on blog - see below
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy