Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Race coaching??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im really interested in learning some race techniques or just learning how to race, I am however 35 and as competitive as I am realise I will not be able to compete with the youngsters so am looking to do it more for personal progression and satisfaction. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to clubs I could join or training groups that are available. I am based in London.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are lots of holidays available that cover some racing for example phil smith at Snowworks does weeks in Tignes and other places. Most dry slopes have race clubs to, Aldershot I know definatly has a club that trains first thing on a saturday morning. hope this helps Very Happy and enjoy the racing!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brendan88, lots to choose from - and don't be put off by the super-fast kids, we're equally competitive on our own terms Wink , with keen but friendly competition and rivalries, both personal and club, in the "Masters" categories at regional and national levels. We typically have about a dozen 30+ males racing at any regional/national race, and sometimes as many as 20.

If you're SW London, we at Aldershot have separate adults and kids' clubs (which is good as the kids club is way oversubscribed). We (adults) train Saturday 7:45am-9:30am, pretty wide ability range from intermediate recreational skier to not bad for oldies, but we're never going to set the world on fire. I'm the Vice-chairman there, so drop me a line if you're interested. There's also Berkshire Race Squad who train at Bracknell at similar sort of times on Sunday am - smaller club, adults and kids together, some very good, others more mortals. Bracknell is Permasnow surface though, which is pretty hard to ski on. If interested in them, you can contact beequin who is one of their racers/committee. Sandown Park are closer in, but are kids only.

If you're more North East London, there's Brentwood Park and Welwyn dry slopes (who host both Welwyn club - sorry don't know any contacts there - and Wycombe Phoenix, with gsb on their committee), and for more N/NW there's Hemel; although their race club is full at present, philbo, who is their head coach, runs separate coaching sessions during the summer for his own Impulse Racing outfit, and did newbie adults race sessions last year. Further up the M1 there's Ski Milton Keynes, which is not full at present AFAIK (adults and kids). From SE London there's Bromley, currently one of the powerhouse clubs in the area, partly as they've drawn in people from Chatham (another Permasnow slope) and also have regular visitors from Folkestone Club (very short slope). More directly South of London there's Bowles (sth of Tunbridge Wells), who train Friday evening - contact ski who is their coach.

Links to all the above should be on http://www.britski.org/links.htm

(We do reserve the right to withdraw all this assistance though if you end up being too good Laughing )
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GrahamN wrote:
(We do reserve the right to withdraw all this assistance though if you end up being too good Laughing )

Laughing Laughing Laughing

brendan88, as GrahamN mentioned the masters category (particularly the men) has lots of enthusiastic participants with a wide range of ability so don't be put off by the speedy kids!! Very Happy I bet we will end up seeing you in races sometime soon wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brendan88, Have a look here www.bowlesskiracingclub.org.uk to see what we get up to snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brendan88, a recently registered Masters racer at our club was 58 when he started to race train - he races many weekends in the summer. I raced in a Club National in 2008 where there were 4 ladies in the masters category, Janet was the youngest, born in 1955. At 35 you are only just into the masters age group, a mere youth Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy