Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

most under-rated ski area?

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Adelboden this weekend...
now I know this isnt going to win any 'best kept secret ' award...
already given to the grimentz area.
Laax gets lots of peoples votes for most underrated ski area.
Havnt been to leysin yet... heard thats rather good.
ps, any tips on adelboden appreciated (best for fresh tracks, bumps, bars on the piste?)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not going to tell you otherwise you might all go there!!! wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Rosiere

Resort X

Scotland

Another World

Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jwhchitty wrote:

ps, any tips on adelboden appreciated (best for fresh tracks, bumps, bars on the piste?)

Use the search function
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jwhchitty, My most underrated would be Auron and Valberg in the Alpes Maritime - as noone apart from locals seem to go there ... and since ise stopped posting, we hear little about Saanenmoser in particular
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
.... its not Tamworth
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My vote would always be VALMOREL in France

No lift queues. big area. fantastic scenery and pretty village style layout.

Everyone drives past to 3 valleys for resorts equal to Blackpool by the snow which keeps fresh powder untracked for longer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Super Eagle, I'd go along with Valmorel too. Had a great time there.
Also vote for most of the interior BC Canadian resorts. Again no crowds, no queues and tons of fresh powder to ski while the tourists stay in Whistler.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interior Canada also gets my vote, Kicking Horse was great, quiet, even Lake Louise was very good.

Would love to try a few more one day...but I seem to be hooked on Tignes Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bareges/La Mongie in the French Pyrenees. Most of the south facing slopes were green when I went as it was late in the season but I had a guide for 3 days did a bit of hiking and skied some fantastic lines including a great coulouir which hadn't been skied that season and some fantastic corn snow. The jewel in the crown is the Pic du Midi which offers some of the best off piste skiing you'll find anywhere - that hill is comparable to the best the alps can offer as a single mountain. Would love to go back there one day, hugely underrated
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kals am Grossglockner - look it up

Winter Park - people drive right past the turn off to go to inferior terrain.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Val Cenis - French best kept secret

Traditional Villages, Great snow record, great off piste and good value !

But dont tell too many TOs !
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Interesting to here about the corn snow in Bareges, having worked in Andorra many a season, a much underated mountain range which has fantastic spring conditions. The main grype with Andorra is their obsession with grooming every run every night, meaning no bumps or natural moguls. Will be trying out Ax les Thermes this year.
Kals am Grossglockner looks good, will put it on a road trip list.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Interesting to here about the corn snow in Bareges, having worked in Andorra many a season, a much underated mountain range which has fantastic spring conditions. The main grype with Andorra is their obsession with grooming every run every night, meaning no bumps or natural moguls. Will be trying out Ax les Thermes this year.
Kals am Grossglockner looks good, will put it on a road trip list.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Grandvalira
ski holidays
Craigieburn Range club fields, NZ.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy