Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl Ski Hire - recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Ischgl on Saturday for the 2010 'lads week'. I won't be hiring as am taking the trusty B2's with me, but the other three guys all need skis and one of them needs boots.

Looking on the web Sport & Mode Zangerl seem to offer good prices (around 158 Euro for 6 days boots and skis) and from google maps they look pretty central. Anyone used them recently?

Any other ski hire shops anyone can recommend either on price or quality? We will be staying at the Hotel AlpenRose and using the Fimbabahn to get up the hill so proximity to one of these would be a plus.

Thanx in advance on behalf of the boys! Laughing snowHead

And if any other snowHead 's are in Ischgl 23rd to 30th and fancy a beer (plus Jaegerbomb) - we'll be in Nikkis Stadl most (probably every) apres! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at www.alpinresorts.com Ischgl seems outrageously expensive for ski hire compared to France. Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I usually use the intersport a couple of hundred yards down from the Fimbabahn....it almost at the bottom of the escalator you come down from the Alpenrose... always brand new high quality ski's and excellent service. Having said that, when I went to the opening party i used the ski hire shop in the Hotel Elizabeth where we were staying.... again high quality ski's and excellent service....again at the bottom of the escalator

In fact, Ischgl itself can be summed up by the phrase "high quality product and excellent service"!!! Seriously you can't go wrong with any ski hire place, bar, restaurant, shop, lift etc.... its possibly the most "well oiled money making machine" i've ever come across, but because the product and service is SO good, you somehow don't mind paying for it!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Axsman, used them last week - they were good. Kit all top class and a good range. I paid 103€ online through the snowrental offer for top range skis (which were rather nice Fischer SC RC4's) Zangerl is very close to the Dorftunnel that takes you right to the Fimba and the Fimba itself is by far the best way up the mountain - zero queues.

Enjoy - see my trip report for more stuff on conditions and runs etc snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks All. Have been to Ischgl before and love the place. I agree with the view that you get what you pay for , it's not cheap but worth paying a premium to get the service/facilities ambience etc etc.

Haven't had to hire skis but I know the intersport you mention as I walked past it every day last time I was there. will pass on all comments to the others and let them choose.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski hire is much cheaper down the valley in Kappl and See. Meanwhile Galtur at the top of the valley is at least as expensive as Ischgl.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I found that they mostly all charged the same price.....right???

Red27, can not find that trip report.....THANKS!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sport Huber in Kappl, for example, was about 60EUR cheaper for the week than anywhere in Ischgl or Galtur that I could find online.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello, what were the quality of the skis like in Sport Huber.Heading to Ischgl on Saturday and thinking of stoping of in Kappl on the way as prices are nearly half as the price of those in Ischgl.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't know, I'm picking them up on Wednesday wink
If I get an internet connection I'll try to report back before Sat. I am not an expert skier, though-- if you are more demanding it may be wise to "see before you hire" rather than shopping for price like me and hiring them in advance.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The guys experience last year has made them wary of booing on-line. They paid for 'premium' skis but there was limited choice from the shop (in Saalbach) so they basically got what they were given. The advantage of paying when you turn up is that if you don't like what;'s on offer you can go elsewhere. I also wonder abouth these 'on-line' discounts. I have a suspicion that they probably are from a 'theoretical' over the counter price that no-one actually has to pay. Maybe this year we will put that to the test.

Has anyone here actually paid 'full price'? does anyone know if the 20-40% discounts on offer are 'real'?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
redhead0209, bottom of this thread...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047&start=160

Axsman, I've paid full price in other resorts and in Zangerl they had prices up which would have been 156€ for 6 days top ski hire - I paid 103€ online. I guess you can always haggle if you're holding folding though.

I looked in the Intersports shops and some others and all the hire gear looked shiny and new with the big brands well represented
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, Thanks was that €156 skis only or skis and boots do you recall?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Axsman, I've used Zangerl through booking on line and as far as I can recall the discounts were genuine but personally, I thought their range was fairly limited. Intersport has a great range but you certainly pay for it. From my experience you pay pretty much the same price in resort from wherever you hire. Rather than trying to genuinely compete with each other Ischgl hire shops seem to operate a cartel to keep price as high as possible. I love Ischgl and am going for the umpteenth time in March but got so fed up with the hire prices that I bought my own as have a number of my friends.

On another point do you think you could post another video of you pi$$ed in Nikki's. Shocked The last one was very funny.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Axsman, skis only - walk up price (might have been 136€ now I think on..... As well as the Fischers they had Head Supershape, Head Chip, Rossy 9S & 9X some Kastle stuff and what looked like the entire Atomic range.

I'd advise you guys to book online if they can get a decent discount - I could have had any skis I wanted in the shop and could have changed them once for free during the week so as an online booker I was treated well.

Mind you I found out later I was staying a hotel owned by the Zangerl family and the ski shop guy seemed to like me after I told him this Smile
snow conditions
Corky, Thanks for that. Yes I reckon owning my own skis has saved £££'s over the years compared to renting, and no queuing up on the first morning Very Happy Sadly the 'boys' don't go as often as I so they haven't yet taken the plunge.

Re Nikki's Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed , Yes, well that is a dark period of my life , now fortunately behind me. Until the next time I do several rounds of Jaegerbombs at least , i.e. next week! Laughing .

Can't promise video but you never know. I notice Youtube have blanked the sound. No doubt this was to protect the interests of the artists (mostly DJ Otzi) who's work I was using in breach of copyright. I'm sure they must have suffered huge financial loss when I used the tracks as background music on my little holiday video rolling eyes rolling eyes

red 27, Thanks again - will pass on your comments. snowHead
latest report
Chick,
Quote:

Hello, what were the quality of the skis like in Sport Huber.Heading to Ischgl on Saturday and thinking of stoping of in Kappl on the way as prices are nearly half as the price of those in Ischgl.

Used them for childrens ski stuff and they have been OK. Can't really say beyond that, position makes them easy to check out as you drive straight pass and there is parking outside.
ski holidays
T BAR. Thanks, will have a look anyway.
ski holidays
Axsman, virtually every time I've been I've hired the latest Atomic SL12 slalom ski's from various places either by pre-booking or walk in. They've always had what I've wanted but the caveat I would put on that is that I generally go last week in Jan or at Easter, and this year for the opening party. I'd say that the resort is pretty much at capacity all season..... eg hotel owner told us 90% of the beds in the village were taken at this years opening party on 26th Nov 2009.... also I really struggled to get accommodation 2 months in advance Easter 2008 so resort must also have been pretty much full.... got high quality ski's I wanted both times. I honestly don't think your friends will have aproblem getting what they want in Ischgl!
snow conditions
SnowGod, Cheers, I'm sure you're right. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy