Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone used Ski Republic since their administration?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Saw some posts on this site about the problems they were having. Has anyone rented with them in Jan 2010?

Leaving for Meribel w/c 23rd..YAY! cant wait. Now just need to get transfers and ski rentals sorted Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Booked 2 prs skis online over xmas for 30th Jan Val d'Isere holiday, as have my friends. Had emails to and fro, so they're alive at present!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They have just opened a new store upstairs from us in Cham, the building is till half empty though
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Didn't use them as have my own kit, but they still seemed to be trading in Vallandry
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rented off them in Val Thorens last week. Both shops in the resort were open, good service, happy to swop boots/ski's if necessary. €129 for 2 people's ski/board and boot hire for the week @ standard level. Think it was €159 (again, 2-4-1) for the 'performance' level. No complaints or problems. Enjoy your trip.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Used them in Meribel over new year and they were great. Got a pair of Salomon Lords in the performance level so i was very happy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used them in Val d'Isere last week. 120 euros for two pairs of skis. Last year's rental skis (Rossignol Bandit B80) apparently recycled from Precision Ski. The heel piece/brake fell off on Thursday, luckily within 40 metres of the shop when I got off the bus. They cheerfully replaced the missing screw and explained that vibration sometimes causes the problem. I'm glad I wasn't off-piste when it failed. Interestingly, a friend who lost a ski had to pay 240 euros; he said this was the excess on Ski Republic's free insurance, which was not explained at the outset.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was in Val D'isere last week and someone I was skiing with had hired skis from them. They fell and bent a ski over in Tignes and the shop there replaced them no questions asked. Very Happy

And I thought the daily 2 euro insurance was a waste of money. Worth every penny that afternoon Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used them in Tignes January 2-9. No problems, in fact very good service at prices. We used the Borsat ranch in Val Claret but all branches seemed to be operating normally. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some of our group rented from them in Tignes last week and no probs at all
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
have booked our skis for next week after all the positive feedback. should be fine and will post again to let people know how we got on. cant wait to go now!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dont often have bad things to say about places i have hired from but these guys, in meribel, were awful. massively long queue/wait to get our skis and boots, abysmal, lacklustre service by the girl on the desk and i spent a whole week in agony in my boots. Went back to the shop first thing, at lunch and last thing to find they were always closed so couldnt change them.

Sent them a constructive e-mail about why we felt they were lacking; their website clearly states that all feedback is welcome. Never had a reply though. That said, the equipment was good, with a decent amount of choice. Might well have been a local anomaly with the staff having an off day. Wouldnt use them again though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Collected ours at meribel centre and service was really good although we did get there befor changeover queues so that could have helped. They were extremely helpful about everything and even let us keep the skis for an extra day at no cost. They also allowed us to keep our shoes behind the counter as we dashed to the slopes for a cheeky couple of hours inthe first day.

Choice was somewhat limited though as my friend didn't get the exact skis she pre ordered and then ended up with skis that were slightly shorter than normal for her as they didn't have much else.

Overall no complaints and would use again.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We tried then in VT a year ago, they didn't have what we ordered. What we were offered wasn't in good order and we walked out without skis. I wasn't directly involved, but I don't think they were brilliant with a refund either. Wouldn't recommend them or use them again.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i had started another thread on this to see what peoples views of them were as i had booked with them this year. Just got back from val d'isere having used them and it was fine. Boots i got seemed a few seasons old and not in great nick. Didn't have the skis i ordered so the ones i got were a bit on the short side and again they seemed a bit old and not in the best of condition. My girlfriend booked through a discount website (alpinresorts.com) online and got 40% off intersport. She ended up paying 40 euro more than me but the differnce in skis and boots between us was outstanding. All her gear looked brand new and of superior quality. Overall i was happy enough but next time will pay that bit extra as i think it is worth it. For the price, its hard to argue but some poeple may prefer to pay the bit extra, and others not.

Staff were real nice though and my friend boarded into me and cracked my pole when we over in tignes. Went in to shop there and new pole in 30 seconds, no questions asked so that was real handy.
snow report
bodhi, knackered old boots and skis - that doesn't sound 'fine' it sounds awful.
snow report
maybe knackered is not the best description. They seemed a few seasons old (the boots) and fairly well worn if that is a better description. The skis seemed like they had a bit of mileage on them also if that makes sense. I was comparing them to the quality of my girlfriends equipment but she had paid more so they were not going to be of the same quality.
ski holidays
bodhi, fair enough - no way I'd want to have average equipment for the sake of 40€ but I guess at least the chioce is there for those who do
ski holidays
I agree, next time i'll be paying that bit extra and have learnt a valueable lesson. We were trying to do everything as cheap as possible but that is one area i won't be saving money again.. Ski republic advertise themselves as offereing the same as other shops but for cheaper. In reality, the gold package with ski republic IMO is not the same as with the other more established outlets and i think it is a bit of misinforamtion. In saying that, the type of ski i got, Salomon Tornado, is in its own right a good ski, but it was not long enough as they did not have any longer ones and in fairly average condition. In saying that they are the cheapest and is a good option for some
snow report
I have noticed in Australia that the Ski Republic store appears shut down and there are For LEase signs in the windows.
snow report
Friends staying with us in Cham have just rented boots and skis from the new Ski Republic shop here - given boots with the footbeds in the wrong boots (only spotted when i tried one on to see why they'd been so uncomfortable) and totally impossible to flex. When we went back with them to 'discuss' they suddenly found some decent kit out the back although the kiddy out front still had to ask permission from the manager to hand them over. Wouldn't recommend.
snow report
sounds like they deserve to go bust and good riddance
snow report
Rented a few weeks ago at Les Menuires - very good service and friendly nice people. Very good 2 for the price of 1 offer, with ski helmets thrown in for free. Absolutely no problem when one of us changed skis and another boots part way through the week. We couldn't fault them.
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
sounds like they deserve to go bust and good riddance
Why Puzzled

From the SCGB website http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.aspx?intStoryID=7216 They appear to be having a good season
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy