Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday 4:45 Today

Poster: A snowHead
Just a reminder to folks that Ski Sunday, covering the Men's Wengen Downhill, is due on BBC2 at 4:45 pm today (providing the snooker doesn't overrun rolling eyes ).

Any newbie would be MSB'ers should pay close attention to the start hut at the top of the Lauberhorn race track. If precedent is followed, that will also be where the MSB Snowheads race starts from! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Graham Bell was doing 88mph just then Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rubbish ski sunday today - no features etc, just highlights of the Wengen Men's DH which I'd already watched on Eurosport!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jonm wrote:

Good job he didnt have a flux capacitor on his back
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am sure I spotted some yellow snow behind the start hut Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cresswell80, I agree. I really enjoyed the past season of Ski Sunday when they did for skiing shows what Top Gear did for motoring shows. Now it's back to nothing but coverage of racing and it's utterly dull for the more recreational ski fan.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree as well, bring back High Altitude for a bit of fun and keep Ski Sunday for those without access to the Red Button or Eurosport
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Astraeus and alfie - it has been discussed in detail here before.... mixed opinions on it
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why don't we start a campaign to bring back High Altitude.....................
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
damn...missed it !

Will have to search for it on the web now rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jonm wrote:
I wouldn't trust the speed they showed on his wrist thingy. If he was really doing 88 he was right up with Carlo Janka.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
redrunmarcus,

Great idea I agree with that.
We need skiing on TV but not just racing,there is so much that could be done.......
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well the kids rather enjoyed watching some of the real racers crash in just the same places they crash doing to race on ORF Ski Challenge 10!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus wrote:
Why don't we start a campaign to bring back High Altitude.....................
Another vote for it here. I'm not gripped by a programme that's nearly all race highlights - another way of saying repeats really.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I saw the Bell boy coming out of the start hut, he wasn't going that fast then. If you want proper action, then come to Wengen for the Lauberhorn weekend, don't just watch it on the telly. It's been MAD the last 3 days. Swiss TV does 5-6 hours of programming over the weekend, and they cover the races when Eurosport stops half way through - that's if they can remember which channel to put the skiing on (Super Combination magically changed to Eurosport 2 on Friday, so missed it on the V+ box).
latest report
I like the race highlights, glad of the more highlights/less features approach.

Really thought Bode had it!
snow report
yeah sky plus gave us two copies of the salomn leg instead of the downhill...and then decided to blue screen the womens 2nd leg today and completely failed the biathlon...
snow conditions
arv wrote:
I like the race highlights, glad of the more highlights/less features approach.

Really thought Bode had it!

Same here, though the moment he lost it was lightened by 6 year old Chloe bouncing up and down yelling that she had just crashed there while skiing the race on the computer!
latest report
davkt wrote:
Well the kids rather enjoyed watching some of the real racers crash in just the same places they crash doing to race on ORF Ski Challenge 10!

Watching the race live yesterday helped me knock a big chunk off my Ski Challenge time - The best line to take off the Hundschopf to the Minge-Kante Laughing and into Canadian Corner. Worked a treat!

I just had a go at Kitzbuhel - a different proposition Shocked .
snow conditions
We're really missing High Altitude too. Race highlights are great but I can always watch them on Eurosport HD. I thought the Top Gear approach last season was great entertainment for snow fans not really into lycra.
ski holidays
Did anyone watch last night? They got the tech section at the end so wrong! They talked about Rocker first being used around three years ago on snowboards!? What the hell!? I would have thought those two knew better. Especially with the passing of the late great inventor last year!

There is a moment every week when i realise i could do a better job than half the guys producing that show.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Liveezy, probably aimed at people like me who have no idea that 'rocker' skis even exist let alone what they do! Laughing
latest report
https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/ This is the e mail address for complaints at the BBC perhaps a number of e mails about the cancelling of High Altitude could lead to some sort of response from the BBC
ski holidays
I actually thought last night's episode was the best one yet of this season.

I'm not saying that it was great, and compared to the old Ski Sunday / High Altitude schedule its a very poor comparison. But at least it was a decent programme length with a little variety thrown in; and even some snowboarding. That Kitzbuhel downhill course looked utterly ridiculous!

Last in the season next week; then it's roll on Winter Olympics.
snow report
Dav wrote:
Last in the season next week

Call that a season? What a joke. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Liveezy wrote:
They got the tech section at the end so wrong! They talked about Rocker first being used around three years ago on snowboards!? What the hell!?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I think they meant Rocker became trendy around 3 years ago. Most concepts are invented long before they become mainstream.
ski holidays
Blame the new controller of BBC2. She slashed basically everything "extreme" or aimed at the 30-something male demographic. So don't expect a return of High Altitude, nor a decent budget for Ski Sunday, nor a decent budget for Top Gear etc.
I guess most of this year's money for ski sunday has gone into the CGI for the BBC's Winter Olympics trailer?
snow report
andy wrote:
Blame the new controller of BBC2. She...

Well, that explains it then....bloody women. Look for the things that us blokes enjoy most then, if it's in their power to do so, simply rip it away from us.....typical. Pah!

** awaits bambardment of abuse from female snowHead **
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry to rant about it but the death of McConkey last year was a huge deal in the free-ski world. I feel they could have at least mentioned him...?

queen bodecia, http://homeboyski.com/2009/04/01/a-tribute-to-shane-mcconkey-the-story-of-rocker-skis/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy