Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowboard or ski

Poster: A snowHead
Simon (Mr T), I have to say that it's the lack of any punctuation, capitalisation and complete absence of grammar or structure I find the most irritating Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr T- I feel a response is required from you................(fight, fight, fight!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the lift yesterday a boarder said "wow look at where that man is standing". A skier was standing directly under a clearly defined jump. A boarder was getting ready to take the jump. Now there were a million and one places to stand but this day-glow (nice RST / fartbag) choose to stand just under the jump so anybody taking the jump couldn't see him until just before hitting him. To make matters worse this skier was talking / shouting to his friends at the side of the piste who didn't warn him of the danger. Mr Dayglow was either ignorant or trying to get a Darwin award. When Mr Dayglow finally set off (just before the boarder took the jump) the boarder on the lift who first spotted him said "Amazing, it's not as if he's a bad skier either"

The number of skiers who stopped on the moguls to admire other skiers coming straight at them (much as a rabbit in a car's headlights) was unbelievable too. Either keep moving in the bumps or get to the side ASAP.

Bottom line - it's not what's attached to the bottom of your feet that makes you a ####.

Or course if a boarder(s) are clearly blocking a wide section of the piste without valid reason the best way to stop is to skid making as much noise and spray as possible. Then while they are all trying to remove the snow from down the back of their collars, apologize, smile, make a comment on how nice the weather is then take off wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DB, care for a saucer of milk with that one? wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kevin Robertson wrote:
Mr T- I feel a response is required from you................(fight, fight, fight!)

Puzzled obviously I was referring to muttley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DB wrote:
On the lift yesterday a boarder said "wow look at where that man is standing". A skier was standing directly under a clearly defined jump. A boarder was getting ready to take the jump. Now there were a million and one places to stand but this day-glow (nice RST / fartbag) choose to stand just under the jump so anybody taking the jump couldn't see him until just before hitting him. To make matters worse this skier was talking / shouting to his friends at the side of the piste who didn't warn him of the danger. Mr Dayglow was either ignorant or trying to get a Darwin award. When Mr Dayglow finally set off (just before the boarder took the jump) the boarder on the lift who first spotted him said "Amazing, it's not as if he's a bad skier either"

The other interpretation is that's it's irresponsible of the people making the jump to be doing it somewhere they're not able to check the landing area is clear. It always annoys me when that happens.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise wrote:
The other interpretation is that's it's irresponsible of the people making the jump to be doing it somewhere they're not able to check the landing area is clear. It always annoys me when that happens.

The jump had a clearly marked entrance, two posts that were fenced either side. As far as I could tell it was made with a piste basher (big jump). Mr dayglow would of passed the side of the jump to get where he was standing. Anybody taking the jump and falling would of been seen by the next jumper but Mr Dayglow just managed to find the blind spot directly under the jump. He really was a Darwin contender. His fashion sense and common sense were lacking but he was happy. Ignorance is bliss?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque wrote:
DB, care for a saucer of milk with that one? wink

Meow Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
muttley, you are relatively new to this site and it is unwise to charge into any community and start spouting off before you have got a feel for the way in which people conduct themselves. Snowheads is a great site because the vast majority of the discussions here are well-reasoned and people avoid making crass generalisations. We're all friends here.

I am sure that people will be willing to give you a second chance but you cannot be surprised by the reaction to your post - this thread was not a "skiers vs boarders" thread, it was developing into a funny conversation which was not criticising any one group.

That whole "skiers vs boarders" argument is so outdated now that we wouldn't dream of starting it up again. A lot of the people on this site do more than one type of snowsport (some even admit to using blades) and even those that don't do so are not foolish enough to think that behaviour or attitude is governed by the choice of plaything.

So, if you want to become a part of this community, here are my tips for redeeming yourself:

1. avoid saying that one group of people are "generally pricks". That is not a point of view that promotes debate. It is an insult.

2. avoid making incorrect observations. Boarders do not frequently lie across the slope blocking the way. Some are inconsiderate and rest (or fall) in the middle of the piste, but in my experience this is rarely more than a minor irritation that lasts a few seconds.

3. don't see things in black and white. Sure, there are inconsiderate boarders but skiers also do stupid and inconsiderate things. PEOPLE do stupid and inconsiderate things - blame the individual, not one of the many groups that they might happen to fall into on that day.

4. learn about the basic rules of skiing. If a skier crashes into a stationary object, the skier is at fault. There is no debate about that. Maybe the object should not have been there, but all slope users should be able to stop well within their line of sight.

of course, you may well be a troll and becoming accepted in this community is the last thing you want....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ISE-No insult taken,gathered you were talking about some body else.....I Hope!
Tony,i agree totally.
But if jobby geezer wassischops Edits his original post,then every thing'll be sorted.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Could someone clarify for me, a skier not brave stupid clever (Delete as applicable) enough to take up a board the following:

'Rules of Skiing' say ALWAYS stop on the side of the piste ( not in the middle )

Why then, on two seperate occaisions in Val Thorens in January this year did I have to ski around an ESF instructor teaching his group, who were all sat / kneeling across the centre of the piste, with him kneeling centre piste. Maybe (imho) acceptable on a wide green (first occaision) but immediately after a bend on a Red, (second occaision) is there any plausible explaination and the effect on those he was teaching will be? May have been 2 different esf instructors...they all look the same to me! Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, no plausible explanation at all (other than the fact that the ESF instructor obviously owned the piste and you were honoured that he allowed you to be there at all!!)

Maybe they all stopped beside someone that had fallen and then just stayed there, but all rests should be taken at the side of the piste. There are no special factors for boarding that change this.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ise..............apologies for any confusion......I know you meant muttley!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ise, I apologise for Mr. Robertson. He can be a bit daft sometimes.....however not as daft as that supreme eejot Muttley. This arguement has been done before only with a bit more humour. If you ARE going to darken this website with biggoted comments then at least make an effort old boy. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Only a bit daft........................beedy beedy Laughing
ski holidays
boredsurfin, I run into this all the time. Instructors with like 15 kids all stopped right in the middle of the piste (skiers and boarders) - unbelievably annoying. Also extremely thoughtless from the instructor - endangers not only people coming down the slope, but his/her students as well.
snow conditions
Why not do both? After skiing all my life I started snowboarding a few years ago and i love it. I learned a lot about skiing from getting on a board, and visa versa. I can get all the info on both sports that you could possibly imagine at skipress.com, and now with more and more resorts allowing boarders, why not try all mountain sports????
latest report
nesta, welcome to snowHeads!
snow report
Tony Lane wrote:
of course, you may well be a troll and becoming accepted in this community is the last thing you want....

the fact that muttley has not replied in order to demonstrate his/her bona fide intentions confirms (in my mind) my suspicion that we have been visited by a troll. This is supported by the fact that muttley has posted on another thread to give advice about snowboard boots - which doesn't exactly make sense in view of the vitriolic abuse directed at boarders in the post on this thread. I suggest that we treat all future posts by muttley with suspicion or contempt (depending on your level of cynicism) until we have reason to believe otherwise.
ski holidays
Woo Hoo!, our very own troll!!!!!!!!! OK lads.....ignore him!
snow report
Philip Prior, Na . . . don't ignore him, trolls are like baboons, they like to wiggle their butt on your face. Eventually they’ll offer a very tempting target to get the absolute poop kicked out of it. You can learn a lot about a troll by analysing their s**t and they’re invariably and irredeemably stupid.
snow conditions
im feeling the dark side calling.....
ski holidays
enoch, it is your destiny.........
ski holidays
but i just got some new ski boots...
ski holidays
bin em.
latest report
Or use 'em as Door Stops. Laughing
snow report
or matching flower pots, one on either side of your back door. (don't put them out the front, otherwise people with think that you're a skier - yeurgh!)
ski holidays
hahaha
wait ill see if i can post photos
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
it has nothing to do with being a boarder or being on 2 planks. It is all down to who YOU are. A plonker is a plonker no matter how many planks of wood are strapped to his feet.
ski holidays
ok i read this post and it it isn't only snowboarders that get in the way. i have seen skiers block the trails and boarders do it too. i understand people sometimes fall and stuff but try to get out of the way esspecially when u cant be seen. where i skiboard the landings are pretty blind so when i mess up and fall i hurry up and try to get out of the way. but u have others that sit there for like five minutes messing with there equipment and almost getting hit a bunch of times. i dont care what u do ski/snowboard/or skiboard if u show respect u can usually get respected back. but it is the few that dont have respect for anyone or anything at all that cause stereotypes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy