Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat - the worst ski trip experience ever?

Poster: A snowHead
Oh booger... now I've got an overwhelming urge to read it all over again. rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schuss in Boots, step away from the computer........ nothing to see here!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know I will regret this but has anyone sampled Ski Beat of recent?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Kamikaze Pete, Shocked talk about resurrecting a dinosaur !!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
or Pandora's box Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hells Bells, lol.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hells Bells, Sorry a bit of searching and maybe I should have not resurrected a true piece of history !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think Pandoras box still posts on here now and again.... not sure if it's same one
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boredsurfin, she does and usefully
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes Pete, I have, all be it several years ago.

Friends of mine have just returned from La Ros raving it about their stay.

Nick
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@big_ben, Cheers Nick - appreciate that and thought there were plenty of decent comments out there. Looking at Meribel as an option
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used them as part of a large group last year. We went to La Ros. They were by far one of the best tour operators I have used in the last few years, apart from Mark Warner that is.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello, my name is Gary.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We had the misfortune last year flying out of the UK when snowbound. Arrived Bham at 4 for a 6am departure. Finally took off at 3.30pm. TO was Crystal. Communication at airport was rubbish so by the time we boarded everyone was fed up. However the Captain on the plane really saved the day for TUI. He came out to the front of the plane so he was visible and apologised, explained all crew/planes had been in the wrong place, told us what he expected time wise and then kept us informed. You could almost feel the stress in everyone evaporate as finally we had someone apologisi g and explaining what was going on. He was incredibly professional and I'm sure he averted many complaints to Crystal. We all appreciated that the company couldn't do anything about the weather but how that handle a situation makes a massive difference to your holiday
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
good grief, i just read the first post thinking it was this year
snow report
@compostcorner, nah, as @Hells Bells, pointed out this is some true resurrection of the dead I have gone for and it looks like from people I know they are fine these days.
snow conditions
Shocked Well that's two hours of my life I'm not getting back!!! Slow day - thought would read the whole thing, was like a really really weird book; it started plain enough, went off to some weird places, made you question everything. Yet throughout the "book" no actual resolution to the original problem! Then at the end, you realise that 99% of it is all drivel and nonsense. Very Happy

My favourite post towards the end =

Bode Swiller wrote:
I think ALL new snowHeads should be made to read all 24 pages of this so that they can quickly learn how it all works and get into the right mind-set. Almost the perfect thread.
ski holidays
@Drew Carey,
Quote:
at the end, you realise that 99% of it is all drivel and nonsense.

Laughing snowheads in a nutshell!
Its the 1% that makes it worthwhile wink
snow report
and where is @bode Swiller these days?
snow report
We should have a thread of “historic threads” , so that on slow cold nights and when one can’t ski for the season we can be reminded if our fun threads of yesteryear
snow report
Ski Beat are my favourite chalet operator, 3 trips a year for the past 6 years.

Can't fault them, amd when there has been a problem (no wifi, disaster with kid LOL) they have sorted it quickly.

Their ski hire partner however is shambolic.
snow report
Started using ski beat after reading this thread and have had 5 really good holidays with them. Chalet this year in la Tania had paper thin walls but had a cracking time
snow conditions
Glad someone bumped this. It was a great read for a boring few days in the office.

I have never used Ski Beat but did make a few enquiries once (before coming across this thread), they seemed amenable to speak to and from some of the comments above seem to have got their act together (under new ownership) latterly.
ski holidays
I read it - most of it - the first time. Not about to do so again.....
latest report
Is it worth putting aside 15 mins for a read?
snow report
sev112 wrote:
We should have a thread of “historic threads” , so that on slow cold nights and when one can’t ski for the season we can be reminded if our fun threads of yesteryear

That would be snowHeads Gold
snow report
Fridge03 wrote:
Well.................. It all starts as a not totally unreasonable rant about a rubbish start to a ski holiday, then sort of turns into a random drunken game of word association meandering across all sorts of things (by way of Mornington Crescent) over its oh so massive length!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 17-02-19 23:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
davkt wrote:
Fridge03 wrote:
Well.................. It all starts as not totally unreasonable rant about a rubbish start to a ski holiday, then sort of turns into random drunken game of word association meandering across all sorts of things (by way of Mornington Crescent) over its oh so massive length!

Haha. Sounds like a good read whilst on lunch at work tomorrow then!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing wrote:
pandora, I doubt this thread will be on here for more than 36 hours Sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Fridge03 wrote:
davkt wrote:
Fridge03 wrote:
Well.................. It all starts as not totally unreasonable rant about a rubbish start to a ski holiday, then sort of turns into a random drunken game of word association meandering across all sorts of things (by way of Mornington Crescent) over its oh so massive length!

Haha. Sounds like a good read whilst on lunch at work tomorrow then!
snow conditions
Could someone summarise the last 25 pages? Read the first and last page and totally confused about whether I should love or hate skibeat??!
snow report
@Dashed, I have booked with them for this year and suspect absolutely fine - dont expect a £5,000 per person holiday though!
snow report
OMG!!!!! Shocked

WTAF have I just read? That's just over an hour of my life I'm not getting back Confused

(Please Mods, lock/archive this thread so nobody else falls down this rabbit hole)
snow report
Well, it's been at least 4 years...... BUMP Smile
snow report
@ratkinsonuk, Laughing did you have to? Slow day at the office? Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 14-01-24 20:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
LOL, to be fair, I was hunting for Ski Beat info as we're heading out with them in March, so it wasn't a complete p%ss take Razz
ski holidays
Laughing It was quite funny at the time, but not for re-visiting! Back in the box with it.
snow report
I noticed today they have a Chalet in La Plagne 1800 - I thought they had gone out of existence a couple of years ago.
ski holidays
hi. I went to a chalet they ran in early December (I booked through Iglu). The standard of cleanliness was in my opinion awful, and all of the guests were up in arms about it. The way that they dealt with the obviously serious issues was a joke, and I would never travel to one of their chalets again and the other occupants told me the same thing. there was rotten food around, and exposed raw meat dripping onto the other food in the fridge. This was all in the first week of the season I believe and so there was no excuse for it not to have been clean. A lot of the food was undercooked as the oven didnt work properly and the glass felt out part way through the stay. they had a do a deep clean during our stay it was that bad. and they then claimed that there was no safety issue with the hygiene standards despite some rather compelling evidence to the contrary! the fridge and kitchen area was to be frank disgusting. Probably the most offensive thing was the way that they dealt with the serious complaints that were made, which was insulting to those of us who endured those conditions. Never again!
snow conditions
And back out of the box again! HDJ, which chalet was it, I've got one booked with them in a couple of weeks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy