Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat - the worst ski trip experience ever?

Poster: A snowHead
That's nice.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Worst "top of new page" post ever?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did this thread contribute to the sale of Ski Beat to Directski? I personally doubt it but may be interesting to some... like Pandora

According to another source, they went for "an undisclosed sum" - normally code for naff all. Might suggest it wasn't doing too well.

Report here
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, thats intresting, the undisclosed sum could have been a little more than "naff all", they did own some of their chalets. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, Good news, lets hope the Directors got what they and the company was worth/deserve Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
livetoski, The property may not have been owned directly by the Ltd. company.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, Boredsurfing, tut tut

SmileyCentral.com
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, moi Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More on the sale of ski beat here http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/news/directski.com-acquires-ski-beat/
including a comment from the elusive Nigel Oldham
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Doesn't bother me I'd never go with a TO as they rip you off and do other unspeakable things

So I've heard

I read it online
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, Laughing Any one would think you worked in IT ....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
livetoski wrote:
Bode Swiller, thats intresting, the undisclosed sum could have been a little more than "naff all", they did own some of their chalets. wink

Really - which ones / resort?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just caught up on this thread. reading the last few pages i hadnt realised that this forum was turning into a bitch fest.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

just caught up on this thread. reading the last few pages i hadnt realised that this forum was turning into a bitch fest.

Err - who was that aimed at bitch ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nick0861,
Quote:

i hadnt realised that this forum was turning into a bitch fest

Laughing Check out some of the threads from the 2005/2005 era, that was proper bitching back then, todays snowHeads just dunno how to bitch.
latest report
beeryletcher,

any number of posters
snow report
nick0861, Don't forget a lot of the posters have met up and been on ski holidays together plus a fair few get togethers in the UK so whilst appearing to bitch there well may be an elememt of piss taking involved.
snow conditions
Only just found this post.

My two pennies worth is that a group of 8 of us went to La Plagne with Ski Beat and it was one of the worst catered Chalet ski holidays we have been on. Can't be arsed to write out all the things that were not done/left to chance/cocked up or ignored and the general unhelpfulness of the staff but it was rubbish.

Initially thought we had a bunch of clowns looking after just us but sounds as though the whole show is a joke. And an expensive one too.

Went back to Morzine the following year for another faultless weeks skiing.
ski holidays
Hope Directski quality of service doesn't suffer by taking on this toxic company!
snow conditions
bertie bassett wrote:
livetoski wrote:

Really - which ones / resort?

Resort gossip that they reputedly own(ed) the three in PP that go downhill in a train, but not the large one opposite the lifts, nor the other large one down in Nancroix nor the 'top five' up the hill in PP. There were surely others though. Was ownership in the hands of the directors personally or the company? No idea.
ski holidays
they owned a couple in la plagne at least but that may have been the directors and not the "company". Nigel is a nice chap by the way and had a decent company with good service - think things may have buckled a bit recently?? Not sure...
snow conditions
Interesting addition to ski beats website this season
http://www.skibeat.co.uk/ski-beat-news-article.asp?id=77
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, You of all people working in the industry you do know that for every 'pandora' (Wayne you are a god for creating this phrase Toofy Grin) taking place, hundreds if not thousands of happy customers go home and say feck all.
snow report
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread having read it before our recent trip with Ski Beat- also to Plan Peisey

Holiday wise, I really couldn't fault it- we stayed in a lovely chalet across the road from a lift and run home. We had a great host who did a sterling job making really nice meals out of some fairly cheap and cheerful ingredients. The wine they provide is a bit bog standard wine box but mostly pretty drinkable and plenty of it... The resort manager who's had a fair bit of bad press on here (and is the same bloke this year) seemed affable enough. He popped his head round the door once during the week so say 'Hi'. Maybe he's not so great in a crisis and we wondered why he didn't introduce himself on day one but as a fairly self sufficient group we really weren't that bothered.

The only real negative for us was our transfer day getting back. We got stuck with Aime waiting to meet another bus which got delayed because of a bit of traffic and snow en route from La Rosiere. Apparently they reckoned this was some freak occurrence and we ended up missing our flight back. The rep we had was pretty rubbish, a bit rude and spoke about 2 words of French (having worked for 2 seasons in the Alps). We weren't given any cash for food to amuse us during our 7 hour wait for the flight back at Chambery- but to be fair another one of their reps and their French office did get us on a later flight, and they've been most apologetic since. After a few grumpy emails back and forth they've also agreed to pay for all the expenses we incurred, including food at Chambery and a taxi home. I did try and persuade them that they owed us a curry (we didn't get any food on the late flight as it only had enough for the original passengers) as we didn't get home till 10pm instead of 3 ish- to no avail but overall they've been efficient and polite in dealing with our complaint.

So overall they aren't terrible IMHO- a great holiday overall and we and probably did a better than average job at sorting things out for us and making a bit of a goodwill gesture when we came back (though we did have to beg for it) I've not really had to complain to a major tour op so I've not really got much to compare it to- I imagine we'd have got sod all from a bigger company though. Luckily there were only a few of us who missed our flight as the majority of punters on our bus were on a marginally later flight than us that they managed to get on. If it had been a bigger group and the later flight was full I'm not sure what they would have done tbh...
snow report
You Raang?, so you're just gonna lie down and take it? Get mad, you want a free holiday and that rep sacked. C'mon!
latest report
You Raang?, I spotted you a couple of times, once on the VE & a couple of times by the Peisey lift, but it wasnt until Freddie Paellahead said hello to you that I knew for sure that it was indeed you! Didn't see you after that! Glad you had a good time, despite the trip home.
ski holidays
genepi, I was sat waiting for my friends at the Peisey lift most mornings- my g/f was on her first week so we made the walk down every day for her ski school whilst the rest of my group enjoyed the 'ski out' benefits of our chalet. We also managed to meet up for a fun afternoon trying to keep up with rob@rar Toofy Grin I spotted Freddie Paellahead I think on the last morning as Rob told us he was in resort- I recognised the red helmet and snowheads sticker and yelled out a couple of times- it was only when I came lumbering over attempting to run across the slush in my ski boots that he spotted me...!
ski holidays
You Raang?, sorry, I wasn't expecting anybody to be shouting out our name so was busy ignoring you Embarassed
See you at the EoSB Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You Raang? wrote:
The resort manager who's had a fair bit of bad press on here (and is the same bloke this year) ..

A mazing

probably explains why one of my mates is working in a different resort however...
snow conditions
I have only heard positive things about Skibeat and like everything there's always two sides to a story.

No kettle on at 3.30am?

"Eventually, at 3.30am we arrive in Plan Peisey. Noone has even put the kettle on in the chalet."

I'm sure the Chalet hosts want to get up in the middle of the night to make a cup of tea, get back to their accommodation and return an hour or two later to prepare breakfast.

I've seen the most rational of people go from calm and nice to raging, fuming knobs and it's then it is difficult to enter any conversation.

"We go to bed having failed to get a time that the resort manager will be round to hear our complaints in the morning."

I am sure it was important having a specific time to complain.

We've just got back from Val Thorens and had the most enjoyable time there. Coming back, we were supposed to arrive in UK by 7pm but after diversions etc got home at 4am tired. However, it wasn't anyone's fault but the snow (in the UK)

We had people next to us moaning that a coach wasn't waiting at the diverted airport. I simply thought, the coach company have to be called, collect the coach and get to the airport for a long 5-6 hour journey. For something that isn't planned.
snow report
Ah the world famous Ski Beat thread. Some gems in here. People get the holiday they deserve. End.
snow report
Bode Swiller, yeah, I'm glad all them feckers on the Costa Concordia got what was coming to them Little Angel
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, exactly.
snow report
i must say well done for bumping this wonderful thread- i dread to look back at earlier pages to see what withering put downs i provided
snow conditions
psg2000 wrote:
I've seen the most rational of people go from calm and nice to raging, fuming knobs and it's then it is difficult to enter any conversation..

Lol......
ski holidays
I think ALL new snowHeads should be made to read all 24 pages of this so that they can quickly learn how it all works and get into the right mind-set. Almost the perfect thread.
snow report
Bode Swiller, Laughing
Quote:

read all 24 pages

Laughing That would stop 'em posting ever....
snow conditions
Ah the Ski Beat thread, it's like having a night out with an old girlfriend
snow report
Quote:

Ah the Ski Beat thread, it's like having a night out with an old girlfriend

Laughing I had forgotten the origins of "doing a Pandora".
latest report
Laughing This lovely thread! I didn't see the old Ski Beat manager this year when I was there - last year I did, usually when doing the bread run. How tempted I was to ask if he'd read this Toofy Grin ! Ski Beat have, however taken over 2 lovely looking, brand new chalets, just behind our place this year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy