Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat - the worst ski trip experience ever?

Poster: A snowHead
stoatsbrother,

You don't know what happened. And frankly...............
Quote:

Snowhereman, I am guessing you are not in a job where you deal with the public

You do too much guessing.

I just reckon there's more to be gained from a cautionary tale than your lightweight trolling.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stoatsbrother wrote:

This really is very tame.If you want to see how awful folks on the internet can be in ripping other posters to pieces, I'll give you a link to PPRUNE - where a bunch of people with the same job as Pandora rip apart a cabin crew witness of an incident where a pilot probably got it wrong. Toofy Grin

I'd like to read it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro wrote:
Snowhereman wrote:
... The silence of SB is deafening here.

Actually, that is not strictly true. But their contribution is not worth re-reading.

Which page and under what name please?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PJSki, My moneys on a poster with the one single post on snowHeads which is in this thread (page 17).

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 28-01-10 15:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, He was rather obvious Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shimmy Alcott, added to this odd statement on the Ski Beat website
Quote:
Contributions made by Ski Beat clients in seasons 07/08 and 08/09 have funded an Engine Conversion Boat Project in the Lower Danube
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:
rayscoops,
Quote:
taking this to the next level
Really? Looks to me like continuing to pick away obsessively at the OP's posts and motives.....

actually no, there is a new thread by Shemmy A in the 'Piste' that has details of a TO giving her £700 or so for her travel disruption yet OP here does not seem to have been offered a bean Shocked by SB; this got me thinking that it would be interesting to understand what one might expect to entitled to by way of compensation (if anything) in this situation, god forbid that any of us have a similar experience Sad

The OP has already said that if SB had said sorry and handed over some form of 'consideration' (my words) then she would have left it at that, so I think the motives of OP's posts are quite clear in that she wanted to embarrass/damage SB here for their (lack of) performance and rudeness because they did not dish up a bit of dosh in France. No picking needed Little Angel

edit - Hurtle you might be surprised to know that you have a lot more posts in this thread than I wink, increasingly so Laughing

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 28-01-10 16:52; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowhereman, ever been involved in investigating official complaints? Things are always the way the complainant sees them? rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, isn't one important difference that Shemmy A incurred a lot of additional personal expenditure to get where they needed to go and that the OP in this thread was, eventually, taken to her destination by the TO?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I think the motives of OP's posts are quite clear in that she wanted to embarrass/damage SB here for their (lack of) performance and rudeness because they did not dish up a bit of dosh in France.
And, yet again. I rest my case.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Last Monday at 16.04, stoatsbrother wrote:
I will stay out of this thread from now on

He didn't stay out of it. Hertz Thread Valeting has noted that he posted 3 hours after that resolution and has subsequently posted 15 times over the past three days, including 40 minutes ago.

stoatsbrother wrote:
Time for a complaint to the mods

Was the complaint made?

Does any of this matter in the slightest?

----------

Well-known complaint video:

http://youtube.com/v/npjOSLCR2hE

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 28-01-10 17:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hertz rent-a-quote, you are Earnest Goldweirdo and I claim my £5.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Correct. Do you have a PayPal account? (hopefully not)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hertz rent-a-quote, no one cares. Although I think something needs to be done about your stalking.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hertz rent-a-quote, I do, but I prefer book tokens, thanks.
ski holidays
PJSki wrote:
I think something needs to be done about your stalking.

Look who's stalking!
ski holidays
Or should that be "Look who stalking" ?
snow report
pam w, Initially Snowjet wanted to bus us from Grenoble to Chambery. I pointed out that our original plans were to arrive in resort at about 2pm hence giving us the afternoon to organise ski kit, passes, lessons etc I had not pre planned these as I thought I would have plenty o time in resort. We would not be able to do that if we had to be bussed to Chambery and then pick up another bus (alti bus) to resort which would put a lot of pressure on us on our first morning - need to have everything sorted by 9.30am while lugging kids around etc it could be done but would be stressful. Snowjet agreed with this and agreed to pay for a private transfer which would be a lot quicker. They were not obliged to agree to the suggestion, but they agreed to keep the customer happy.
snow report
Boredsurfing, eh?
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Boredsurfing, eh?

The post they are talking about is the one made by cabin-boy.

Personally, I doubt he has anything to do with SB, but they could be right.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 28-01-10 17:42; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Boredsurfing, eh?

I echo that eh?

Boredsurfing wrote:
Contributions made by Ski Beat clients in seasons 07/08 and 08/09 have funded an Engine Conversion Boat Project in the Lower Danube

Not a lot of people know that
latest report
cabin boy wrote:
Couldn't put it better myself! Whta's more, does she seriously expect us to believe that the coach company would allowe their driver to exceed his driving hours. He would be driving on a tacho and the law is rigorously upheld by the Gendarmes in France. She seems to have exagerated everything to illicit as much sympathy as possible - I bet she can shout. Cool

Interesting point of view cabin boy although I think you're much mistaken.
There was only one driver on the bus who would have driven for 6 hours Peisey-Milan & 6 hours back. Surely 12 hours non-stop driving isn't legal. If I'm wrong on this please feel free to correct me.
If the driver hadn't exceeded his driving hours then either he took a break before picking us up, which would explain the 2 hour gap between the other coaches arriving and our one, or there were 2 drivers and the other one was left in Milan Razz

Either way, his driving was pretty appalling and clearly he felt exhausted enough to return to the depot to swap drivers for the last part of the journey.
latest report
Ernst Goldsmith, 5 different user names from the campaigner against anonymity Puzzled

Respect Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I'm confused ... Confused

Hertz rent-a-car driving sock puppets, stalking cabin boys.

Slush-funds enabling the secret trading of book-tokens.

Clandestine boat building projects in the Lower Danube.

And the biggest question of all ... who IS David /Ernst Goldsmith

.... or have I got the wrong end of the stick wink
snow report
Anyone actually been on a coach when the driver fell asleep?

Was on an 11-hour overnight ski bus from London to the Spey Valley, back in the 1970s, in the dead of night, when a violent jolt to the bus woke me up. My eyes darted to the passenger in the seat behind the driver shaking him vigorously by the shoulders. Miraculously, he managed to get the wheels back on the road at about 50mph!
ski holidays
Ernst Goldsmith, I'm not convinced about that story as I'm not actually sure there was anything which could be reasonably described as a road in The Spey Valley in the 1970's? Shocked Laughing Laughing wink
snow report
alex_heney wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Boredsurfing, eh?

The post they are talking about is the one made by cabin-boy.

Personally, I doubt he has anything to do with SB, but they could be right.

Alex Henney I was hoping for an Agatha Christie Death on the Nile stylii search, now you have spoilt the fun Laughing
latest report
abj wrote:
And the biggest question of all ... who IS David /Ernst Goldsmith
I have a theory on that. After psychologically profiling and comparing writing style and sentence construction of all 43,000 posts of David Goldsmith, Ernst Goldsmith, Hertz Rent A Thread, The Abysmal Snowhole and a few others, I'm going to conclude that the culprit is (shock coming up and maybe flash photography)... erm David Goldsmith?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Most of this is chaff.

Apart from the OP's complaint, there is a wider question being asked here.

And the principles know what it is.
latest report
Bode Swiller, one or two omissions, including Mr & Mrs Sticks and admin's 'flavour-of-the-month'
latest report
Bode Swiller, I was thinking more about the man behind the name(s) wink
snow conditions
I love the BBC, especially Radio 4.
In my opinion its the only thing left that's great about Great Britain.
snow conditions
Snowhereman, Puzzled
snow conditions
Oh Sorry, I thought everyone was trying to get as far off subject as possible.
snow report
abj wrote:
Bode Swiller, I was thinking more about the man behind the name(s) wink
yes, it is a bloke called David Goldsmith. He exists in real life (notice I didn't say in the real world). He is widely misunderstood, mainly by himself. Nice bloke though, got a finely tuned sense of humour and is fabulously wealthy.
snow report
Snowhereman wrote:
Oh Sorry, I thought everyone was trying to get as far off subject as possible.

Seems so, doesn't it. You know I was once completely bolloxed by Admin for going off topic...I wonder why this pair are getting away with it?
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, you can follow ski beat on twitter........ Laughing
latest report
I've missed reading a few pages - has anyone mentioned Hitler yet?
snow report
bertie bassett, Do you think Ski Beat have a final solution?
ski holidays
bertie bassettno, but we haven't hit 20 pages yet.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy