Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat - the worst ski trip experience ever?

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
one thing for me that this sorry affair has identified is that even with a TO booking the airline have a responsibility to get you your original airport destination, even if the TO reps are not around to sort things out. I will remember that if I ever do a TO trip Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing wrote:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Boredsurfing, yeh but I am just a rough Northerner wink


Who was the guy I met at Hemel that said he was Frosty The Snowman Puzzled
Was he the bloke whos innner thigh I saw you rubbing wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pjski - pandora is a "lady" not a girl. Do you refer to male posters on here as boys or men?!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowymum wrote:
Do you refer to male posters on here as boys or men?!


Depends, often refer to them as a bunch of ladies' bottoms?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PJSki, you are Members Only and my demand is doubled to £10 (or £10 to you if you're not Members Only). Let's meet!

-------
Note to readers: Members Only is a false name


Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 26-01-10 21:55; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I'm just trying to see this from both sides, where as you seem to have been swayed by the fact the OP is A. a girl and B. a pilot


Sorry but I have no idea what I have said to give you that impression.

As I've explained on this thread I have had a couple of bad experiences (treated badly) with TO therefore I find her story totally plausible. Following the first occasion I went down the friendly letter route and basically it was a waste of my time; I'd phone and be put on hold for 40 minutes and I would write and receive an automated reply etc etc which didn't even relate to my complaint.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowymum wrote:
pjski - pandora is a "lady" not a girl. Do you refer to male posters on here as boys or men?!


'Girl' was shimmy's description.


Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 25-01-10 13:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

I'm just trying to see this from both sides, where as you seem to have been swayed by the fact the OP is A. a girl and B. a pilot


Sorry but I have no idea what I have said to give you that impression.


As I've explained on this thread I have had a couple of bad experiences (treated badly) with TO therefore I find her story totally plausible. Following the first occasion I went down the friendly letter route and basically it was a waste of my time; I'd phone and be put on hold for 40 minutes and I would write and receive an automated reply etc etc which didn't even relate to my complaint.


Now, let me see....hmmmm, must have been when you posted this:

Quote:
pandora, some guys can be tough on here, ignore them. some also seem a bit jealous that you're a bit of an achiever Laughing Go girl
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="Shimmy Alcott"]
thefatcontroller wrote:
Boredsurfing, PJSki,
I really am struggling to see how you guys can excuse SB and its staff and the coach driver. I'd love to see your faces if I asked you to put your kids on a bus with a sleep deprived driver who was talking on his mobile all the time.


"I need to stop as I am tired. I know you lot are tired and very grumpy and have little kids who are upset and hungry but I am not prepared to put myself out" or
" I have reps, managers, my boss and a relief driver all trying to contact me so I must keep stopping the bus to speak to them on the phone"
" I am worried about losing my job, prosecution, falling asleep"
- Hmmm, wonder how these conversations would have have gone down at that stage.

We once ate dinner on Mark Warner holiday with 4 parents who whinged all dinner about the safety of the creche. The death of convrsation was when our friend mentioned that she was astounded that these folks went skiing and left their kids in what they considered to be an unsafe environment. If it is that bad then get off the bus.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
PJSki, you are M O and my demand is doubled to £10 (or £10 to you if you're not M****). Let's meet!


You really are tiresome.

Now, I don't normally issue statements of denial about who people think I am, but especially for you:

I am NOT Mr O***e. And the only time I would want to meet up with you is if you were about to donate me your liver.


Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 25-01-10 12:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Delighted - I'm a vegetarian. Would you prefer chicken's or pig's?

Seriously, I think you should collect the £10. It's a handy sum.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, My mate was having equally as sh*t a return from Les Arcs to Home on the Sunday. They were shipped from Chambery to Milan. On the way to Milan the cabin of the coach started to fill with black smoke and they had to do an emergency evacuation on the side of a motorway in Italy. The fire? was put out. When the guest were given the option of sitting on the side of the motorway for many hours while a new bus was obtained, they elected to take the chances on a bus that could catch fire and head on to Milan. Guests, hey........... Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
Delighted - I'm a vegetarian. Would you prefer chicken's or pig's?

Seriously, I think you should collect the £10. It's a handy sum.


I think you are well on your way to becoming a stalker.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ernst Goldsmith, I thought you had established the real life identity of Tim Brown some time ago. Why do you persist in looking for Mr Ogilvie who gave up posting on here a while ago afaIk?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
If it is that bad then get off the bus.


No doubt you've realised what a silly suggestion that is NehNeh

We took our chances with the coach driver - a much better and, as it turns out, safer option than a night on the side of an Italian motorway, with a toddler in sub-zero conditions.
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
thefatcontroller, exactly.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ernst Goldsmith, I suspect you know perfectly well who he is.

Your quest for transparency in usernames is shown to be hypocritical by you having used at least four different identities here in the last year. Why not get Admin to change you back to your real name before doing your usual pointless prodding at people's identities. Evil or Very Mad

And since the top two links you get if you put "M... O..... Ski " into Google are now this thread [I am not repeating his name to make it worse] - can I request you have the decency to go back and edit the posts where you wrongly name Mark? Evil or Very Mad

snowymum, she is a woman. Lady is a rather demeaning word too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stoatsbrother,
Quote:

Lady is a rather demeaning word too

Shocked I'm fairly sure most Peers and Knights wives would find that comment beneath contempt. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Ernst Goldsmith, I thought you had established the real life identity of Tim Brown some time ago. Why do you persist in looking for Mr Ogilvie who gave up posting on here a while ago afaIk?


David always demands to know the identity of anyone who is pro-SCGB, while at the same time defending the right to anonymity for anyone who is anti-SCGB. Some would consider this to be double-standards.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, Laughing

but even then perhaps it is!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stoatsbrother wrote:
Boredsurfing, Laughing

but even then perhaps it is!

Fair point Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother wrote:


snowymum, she is a woman. Lady is a rather demeaning word too.


Why do women go on girls' nights out?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PJSki, Boredsurfing, stoatsbrother, anonymity in getting stories out is a perfectly fine and respectable concept - look at the Prince Charles report just run by the Telegraph (which may be true). The source is probably an employee of the Prince and may have felt that it was in the public interest for the information to be aired.

Anonymity for the purpose of launching personal attacks is a totally different matter.

Ernst is my middle name, by the way. Sorry for any confusion.
David Ernst Goldsmith
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ha, another muppet embarassed by his post count wink Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PJSki, I am a man (I've checked) until I go on a boy's trip/night-out.

I have no problems with you using Girl. I cannot see why Lady is any better. All a bit Chris-de-Burgh/would the-lady-like-some-black-pepper-on-that...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ernst Goldsmith, we aren't talking about whistle blowers. Now, if you actually had a clue, about anything, anything at all, you'd have a job, instead of being the feckless little waster that you are.


Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 25-01-10 12:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ernst Goldsmith, so presumably you are about to chastise Pandora for posting anonymously about the two resort managers?

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stoatsbrother wrote:
Ernst Goldsmith, so presumably you are about to chastise Pandora for posting anonymously about the two resort managers?

rolling eyes


No chance.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother wrote:
PJSki, I am a man (I've checked) until I go on a boy's trip/night-out.

I have no problems with you using Girl. I cannot see why Lady is any better. All a bit Chris-de-Burgh/would the-lady-like-some-black-pepper-on-that...


Good good. All women, henceforth, shall be refereed to as girls on my authority. Or birds, or chicks.... Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PJSki, I've got two occupations - one salaried, one self-employed - but that's not the point. We're discussing the purpose of anonymity, Mark (or not Mark). And, yes, there are obvious (or at least apparent) whistle-blowers in this thread. There's someone - for example - who claims to be an ex-employee of Ski Beat.

I don't think pandora was correct in naming individual employees of a company, by the way, from a position of anonymity. No. They would have difficulty in enjoying the right of reply. The primary cause of all the problems was the weather, which was beyond Ski Beat's control. Their response was a company response, and the company is responsible for that. Individual employees on the front-line may have been unduly stressed.
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ernst Goldsmith, ok, glad you have some jobs. Clearly you aren't feckless. We also seem to be converging on some of the issues at hand.

All that remains is for you to stop with this silly Mark business.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
12 pages Shocked but the big question is whether or not the driver getting value for money out of his use of his i-phone Little Angel
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PJSki wrote:
All that remains is for you to stop with this silly Mark business.


'Mark', is it OK if I call you Mark (whether you are Mark or not)? Somebody told me 'PJ' was the real initials of a real person, so it's also possible that your first name is Pete, but I don't know Pete. I only know Mark.
One theory is that you're Gerry, but I also know Gerry and he doesn't write as beautifully as you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops wrote:
12 pages Shocked but the big question is whether or not the driver getting value for money out of his use of his i-phone Little Angel


iphones are crap, why would he want one of those Toofy Grin Also he was in Italy so I hope he had a good roaming tariff.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller wrote:
rayscoops wrote:
12 pages Shocked but the big question is whether or not the driver getting value for money out of his use of his i-phone Little Angel


iphones are crap, why would he want one of those Toofy Grin Also he was in Italy so I hope he had a good roaming tariff.


Please, surely the point regarding the coach was if it had winter tyres on each wheel and a set of chains in the boot. The tariff of the drivers phone pales into insignificance if the coach had summer tyres and no chains Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
PJSki wrote:
All that remains is for you to stop with this silly Mark business.


'Mark', is it OK if I call you Mark (whether you are Mark or not)? Somebody told me 'PJ' was the real initials of a real person, so it's also possible that your first name is Pete, but I don't know Pete. I only know Mark.
One theory is that you're Gerry, but I also know Gerry and he doesn't write as beautifully as you.


You are disliked by so many people I'm surprised that, in your mind, anyone who counters your rubbish anonymously on here can have their identities narrowed down to so few possible suspects.

BTW, you can call me PJ, Mr. PJ, or, in certain circumstances, sir. Or Colonel, they call me that at one of the other forums I post on.


Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 25-01-10 13:52; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
rayscoops wrote:
12 pages Shocked but the big question is whether or not the driver getting value for money out of his use of his i-phone Little Angel


iphones are crap, why would he want one of those Toofy Grin Also he was in Italy so I hope he had a good roaming tariff.


Please, surely the point regarding the coach was if it had winter tyres on each wheel and a set of chains in the boot. The tariff of the drivers phone pales into insignificance if the coach had summer tyres and no chains Toofy Grin


You miss the point entirely! What we should be asking is: was the driver wearing a helmet. Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PJSki, pardon me for having a bit of fun. Your favourite subjects appear to be the Ski Club of Great Britain, pilots, love of nuclear energy ... and Chris Exall.

That put you into the Mark category, but I was honestly just hoping to have a cup of tea with you, a friendly chat, and a flutter with a £10 note.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ernst Goldsmith, just looked to your signature links Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PJSki,
Quote:

Or Colonel, they call me that at one of the other forums I post on

'When I' saw that sentence so much was explained Laughing Laughing
snow report



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy