Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat - the worst ski trip experience ever?

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, finished off with a big serving of humble pie ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am glad to see my suggestion that people should go back to the office has resulted in coals being heaped on me rather than the TO...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller wrote:
By the way, if suing via the County Court isn't appealing to you, another tactic that works better than going via the Head of Customer Placation is to do this... it works, I personally guarantee it because I've done it. Go to the Companies House website and hit the Webcheck button over on the right. Tap in the name of the Ltd company you are interested in (in this case Ski Beat Ltd), from the "order Company Information" get Form AR01 and this will (for a quid!) give you full names and home addresses of the Company Directors and all the shareholders. Write to them. Tell them what a shambles it was dealing with their company. Funnily enough, having opened your letter over the breakfast table, it gets attention.

Laughing I haven't booked with First Choice since they stuffed up last year - they've missed out on a Summer and a ski hol so far as I booked elsewhere. If I'd have known how to get their details I would have sent all the big wigs postcards from my non First Choice hols. Might send them a pic instead.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
James the Last wrote:
I am glad to see my suggestion that people should go back to the office has resulted in coals being heaped on me rather than the TO...

It was a bit of an obnoxious post IMO. But at least it kept this thread nicely bumped up to the top Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

Laughing I haven't booked with First Choice since they stuffed up last year - they've missed out on a Summer and a ski hol so far as I booked elsewhere. If I'd have known how to get their details I would have sent all the big wigs postcards from my non First Choice hols. Might send them a pic instead.

Is that just the part of the company using the First Choice brand, or the whole of TUI?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman understandable in such circumstances, but the wording of it just makes it sound like if the resort manager does decide to dine with you, you should feel honoured!
I feel this way because a couple of years ago in St Anton the Ski Val manager decided to dine with us, and he was a tosser Laughing nothing especially wrong with my holiday, I just couldn't abide the greasy haired, arrogant tool.
Not so much a problem with the concept, just the wording Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anotherproblem, well it was his idea to discuss it over dinner Very Happy The girl involved was still too upset to dine with us.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, so she missed out on some good nosh again wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

We all booked with Ski Olympic the next season.....apart from the young lady who went on to work for them!!!!
Brilliant! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
alex_heney wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

Is that just the part of the company using the First Choice brand, or the whole of TUI?

So far I have managed to avoid the whole of TUI. Bit of a kick in the teeth if I can get my message accross as last year, including friends and family that booked with us (by me - organising the trips) last year we spent £23,000 with them.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

The good news for Ski Beat is that most people do not read this stuff or even bother with a quick Google search. Most are real suckers for a deal and will book with almost anyone. Look at how bad a reputation Airtours once had. They still sold 3 million holidays a year and, thanks to Watchdog and newspapers, most of those 3 million would have been aware of the reputation yet they still booked.

that may be the case for some but having read this thread i would NEVER consider booking with ski beat - fair play to pandora for putting this up for other people to see. there may not be a case for her to make in the courts but ultimately even if some forces out of the control of ski beat were in play there is a way of dealing with things and SB failed it seems on all counts. they obviously care little for the wellbeing of their paying customers and that ultimately will damage their reputation with some of the more discerning customers that frequent websites like snoweads
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
James the Last wrote:

well - you were being a complete twit. Hope you picked up some tips on how other people work. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

welcome to snowheads!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Like most forum threads they go off on different tangents. Legal action, download company documents and hassle the shareholders, go back to work, and plain old ‘get over it’. Come on now, lets be friends.

The circumstances that affected your holiday were terrible. It sounds like the TO employees have let you down on this occasion. Whether you have ‘sexed up’ the problems encountered or not it sounds like there was enough poor customer service to drive you to starting this thread. I just hope that Skibeat take one for the team on this and offer the customers like you some form of compensation. Good luck.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The compensation could be paid at a conventional rate 'per thousand words' on snowHeads
ski holidays
Quote:

i would NEVER consider booking with ski beat

Really Puzzled Wouldn't be tempted with a cracking offer?

I recall seeing numerous people saying they would never use T5 after the disastor at opening, but I bet they do.

I always take complaints on web forums with a pinch of salt - its far easier to sound off about a bad experience than write a glowing report about a good one.
snow conditions
"You'll never get me in the Channel Tunnel" said he who now has a frequent traveller account with Eurotunnel Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Actually the title 'the worst ski trip ever' is not too accurate; the first two day's delay and interface with staff seems to have been bad, but the rest of the trip sounds great.
snow report
Quote:

By the way, if suing via the County Court isn't appealing to you, another tactic that works better than going via the Head of Customer Placation is to do this... it works, I personally guarantee it because I've done it. Go to the Companies House website and hit the Webcheck button over on the right. Tap in the name of the Ltd company you are interested in (in this case Ski Beat Ltd), from the "order Company Information" get Form AR01 and this will (for a quid!) give you full names and home addresses of the Company Directors and all the shareholders. Write to them. Tell them what a shambles it was dealing with their company. Funnily enough, having opened your letter over the breakfast table, it gets attention.

Under the latest Companies Act 2006, company directors and shareholders can hide behind a service address (the company registered address for example). However, older documents (pre October 2009) may still contain useful details unless the directors have 'supressed' the information which is possible but unlikely. So if you do go down this route purchase several documents (lates AR01 and previous 363's - these documents are called the annual returns)

Just be careful what you do and who you annoy.
snow conditions
Boris wrote:

I recall seeing numerous people saying they would never use T5 after the disastor at opening, but I bet they do.

Too right, it's a cracking terminal to fly through now.
snow report
Quote:

Really Wouldn't be tempted with a cracking offer?

not having read the way they deal with customers i wouldnt - if it was a one off problem with one stroppy rep i wouldnt be worried but that was just a catalogue of rudeness and poor service - pandora also donesnt strike me to be the type to exaggerate or hype up the story.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
...we eventually obtained a full refund for the young lady into whose bed the drunken employee had mistakenly climbed whilst naked.

Not the old 'drunk-wrong bed' chestnut. wink
snow report
rayscoops wrote:
Actually the title 'the worst ski trip ever' is not too accurate; the first two day's delay and interface with staff seems to have been bad, but the rest of the trip sounds great.

To be fair, I've done a fair bit of skiing in my time and never had an experience similar to the OP. Therefore, although not a total disaster, it would rate as one's worst experience. Cool
ski holidays
For all those considering suing etc..Esprit have sent a letter to those caught up in the same bad weather saying that under their T&C's they had no liability for what happened but that if persons wanted to make claims under their own personal insurance for the delays etc.. then they would help them.
snow report
Mollerski, yes it was bit of a disaster to start and i have never had a similar experience (never been to Bansko though wink , but OP openly says it was a great holiday when they actually got to the resort, which is some comfort Very Happy
ski holidays
Airline issues aside (I heard hundreds of similar if not as extreme tales during the extreme weather conditions recently), I have met the resort managers mentioned in a previous life and have to confirm the OP's assessment of GE. Sadly, they were actually fantastic chalet hosts but it was clear from the odd emotional moment that they would not be suited for any 'high-pressure' environment (despite being retired <people>) and how they got given a management role is beyond comprehension - promotion must have been based solely on guest feedback forms without any further investigation or discussion with colleagues.

A shame really, as despite all the knee-jerk reactions witnessed in this thread, Ski Beat generally have a well-respected reputation across the board and are known to employ hosts with greater skill and maturity than other firms with a similar price-point, and take great pride in their childcare.

I really wouldn't let one bad holiday, or even one bad resort over a season, taint a whole firm and its other hard-working staff.
snow conditions
[quote="rayscoops......never been to Bansko though wink [/quote]

A week in Bansko starts badly and then goes down hill. wink
ski holidays
Quote:

Ski Beat generally have a well-respected reputation across the board and are known to employ hosts with greater skill and maturity than other firms with a similar price-point

Shocked albinomountainbadger, I think that you are confusing Ski Beat with Silver Ski in making that comment.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It could also be confused with a sliding beetroot, if you think about it
snow conditions
albinomountainbadger wrote:
despite being retired <people>

Aha - now that explains a lot.....they were confusing customers with <another group of people>Little Angel
snow report
Snow Joke, lucky the guests didn't "fall" down the chalet steps.
ski holidays
Mike-H wrote:
Quote:

Under the latest Companies Act 2006, company directors and shareholders can hide behind a service address (the company registered address for example). However, older documents (pre October 2009) may still contain useful details unless the directors have 'supressed' the information which is possible but unlikely. So if you do go down this route purchase several documents (lates AR01 and previous 363's - these documents are called the annual returns)

Just be careful what you do and who you annoy.

True but the service address will forward correspondence on. Mark it Private and Confidential. It should still hit the mark. In my case I was after the CEO of a well-known telecoms company. Got his address no problem. Didn't hear back from him personally but those who were treating me in a perfunctory manner previously suddenly got my issue sorted. He'd clearly "had a word".

Nothing wrong with being an annoyance. I go in on the basis that the main man should be grateful that you are pointing out business deficiences for free.
latest report
There's no such thing as a free business deficiency pointer
ski holidays
stoatsbrother wrote:
Snow Joke, lucky the guests didn't "fall" down the chalet steps.

Laughing Laughing

There's still time for a 'visit' wink
snow conditions
Mollerski wrote:
A week in Bansko starts badly and then goes down hill. wink

sometimes you can not go down hill even on the pistes wink
snow report
Quote:
They may well even dine with you one evening

Not if my mate O'D is staying at their chalet, they won't Shocked
snow conditions
Quote:

Too right, it's a cracking terminal to fly through now.

Bet that's pretty scary for the rest of the passengers sipping coffee and buying nick nacks.... Smile Shocked

Do you have a light aircraft or special powers?

Apologies for my pedantic humour.
ski holidays
We apologise for this extended thread. Please request a refreshment voucher from a member of staff.
latest report
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
We apologise for this extended thread. Please request a refreshment voucher from a member of staff.

Refreshment vouchers....what are they??????
snow report
Anyone flying Ryanair on this thread please feel free to use the £ coin to pay if you need to go for a p*ss

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy