Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to do with old ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
There's a lot of plastic in ski boot shells so is there anywhere to recycle them once they're no good for skiing? Also the liners I suppose...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We leave ours in the "abri poubelle", fairly obviously, and hope that someone picks them up and uses them - they're a lot better than some of the ghastly old boots you see people with around here. i do the same with my french paperbacks (which are always fairly tripey, because I can't read high class French wink ).

Trouble is, the "abri poubelle" is being replaced with one of those underground mollok things, so there's nowhere to leave bits and pieces which might be useful to others. Somebody left an entire teaset in ours last year - and an ironing board and a vacuum, all of which were snaffled by our friends who've just bought an apartment.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

What to do with old ski boots

E bay the £20 or £30 comes in useful for Happy Hour Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Believe me, these boots are so knackered you wouldn't take them home for free let alone pay for them. Well, I suppose you might if you want to replace all the buckles, replace the liners, cope with worn down heels and toes and look like it's still last century. And have feet with exactly the same bunyons and hot spots as me...

Let's assume they ain't no use for skiing any more, what to do with them then?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swiss Toby, Flowerpots?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
drill holster Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bottles of gin fit into ski boots too - which is why my friend was relieved to see her boot bag was still dry on its appearance on the Grenoble carousel Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Two years ago we bought new ski boots in Ischgl Austria, the shop took my old boots off me They explained that all the components are recycled. Excellent news. I can only hope that more outlets are doing this. Prior to that we have been known to abandon old boots in ski lockers! However if you are using it as a plant pot would you nned to drill holes for drainage?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Although you could simply pour a little BBQ lighting fluid in them and just leave them burning in your garden, for your boots to achieve maximum annoyance and environmental damage, choose a nice day for a walk to a nature reserve, national trust property or SSI. You should carry your boots inside a tough plastic bin bag alongside lots of old newspapers, magazines, a few beer cans, wine bottles, plastic food wrapping and a good deal of food waste to encourage wild animals to open the bag to the elements once you have left it in your chosen spot. Although it does seem like extra effort, the place you choose to leave the bag containing your boots should be remote, preferably quite windy so as to scatter the other contents of the bin bag as far as possible but most importantly, one popular with photographers. Little Angel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
shop took my old boots off me They explained that all the components are recycled. Excellent news

Saw this happening in Canada too, enabled them to offer repairs to other peoples boots, for very little cost or even free. One chap came in looking for a repalcement clip, walked out with one fitted for the price of a couple of beers Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have just treated myself to a pair of shiny new boots and wanted to do the right thing when disposing of my old HEAD Edge 9.8 ski boots.

I contacted HEAD and thought I would share their reply.

(HEAD Service Team) commented:

Quote:
Hello!

Unfortunately, we do not yet offer the service of recycling old ski/tennis products. But we are working on making our company as environmentally friendly as possible. However, the carbon footprint that would be created if every customer sent their old HEAD Edge products to us for recycling would be too high and therefore unsustainable.

We leave it up to you how you recycle your products.

Recycling options = LoftFill (leave them in a box in the loft for eternity) or LandFill (give them to my local council to preserve in the ground for eternity) Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Swiss Toby, sell them on ebay. Any money goes towards reducing the price of new ones. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Freecycle or local Faceache giveaway surely the easiest - there's always some bandit thinking they can flip em at a car boot sale or on ebay.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimastaaah wrote:
@Swiss Toby, sell them on ebay. Any money goes towards reducing the price of new ones. Toofy Grin

12 years on I would like the think Swiss Toby has found some way of disposal by now....!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I did indeed ebay them and got £30. I cannot imagine the buyer managed anything like decent skiing in them!
ski holidays
Swiss Toby wrote:
I did indeed ebay them and got £30. I cannot imagine the buyer managed anything like decent skiing in them!

Maybe got them to wear standing by the bar at apres, telling 'war stories'?
ski holidays
Tecnica has a Recycling Program for ski boots! Check it out in the link below!
[url=]https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en/recycle-your-boots[/url]
latest report
Plantpots TBH
snow conditions
uk option https://www.snowandrock.com/recycle-my-gear.html
snow report
kitenski wrote:
uk option https://www.snowandrock.com/recycle-my-gear.html

That's good to know.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy