Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la plagne or paradiski

Poster: A snowHead
going LP on Sunday (17th jan) and have initially decided just to get the LP ski pass..

is there much point on getting the les arcs bolt on?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mugen,Assuming you are only going for a week you can buy a decouverte pass which is LP plus one day in Les Arcs. Probably the best bet because you simply cannot go without experiencing the Vanoise Express (and theres enough in LP for a week in any case wink ) Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 15-01-10 20:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mugen, Depends on where in la Plagne you are staying and also do you like doing high mileage in a day?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plenty of skiing in and around La Plagne itself, however if like me you like to get out somewhere different everyday definitely head over the Vanoise Express
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IMHO, there's more than enough to go at in La Plagne - which is why, last year, we bought LP only passes.

But, it depends on what you like.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller wrote:
mugen, Depends on where in la Plagne you are staying and also do you like doing high mileage in a day?

i'm a bit of a nut job so usually have to be dragged off slopes screaming and kicking i'm afraid
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing wrote:
mugen,Assuming you are only going for a week you can buy a decouverte pass which is LP plus one day in Les Arcs. Probably the best bet because you simply cannot go without experiencing the Vanoise Express (and theres enough in LP for a week in any case wink ) Very Happy

so it's more a maybes aye maybes noo.. ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i guess at the end of the day it's only a few euros os proabably see how i feel when i get there.. btw going to belle plank
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mugen, If in Belle Plagne this is in my opinion the best spot in the whole of Paradski for belting around the whole area. Indulge yourself buy the Paradski pass and go mental. Les Arcs is very different to La Plagne, you are in a great location to try both.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When in La Plaqne buy the Paradiski pass, when in Les arcs buy the Les arcs pass. Just my opinion
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kel, rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, Just my opinion, you don't have to agree rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kel, Sorry Wayne didnt notice your caveat.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, Sorry I didn't notice your location
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, Kel, Get a room you two rolling eyes

Kel, Tosh. la Plagne is mental, Les Arcs is mental. Each is very different, the only reason you would buy the whole area pass if on either side is if you are a real mileage muncher while skiing otherwise each area offers loads in its own right. Personally I prefer La Plagne by 51% to 49% over Les Arcs. Laughing
latest report
thefatcontroller, It's just that Les arcs is my favorite resort in what must be the best ski area in the world (again just my opinion) OK I don't own a place there but have about 10 weeks combined between the 2 resorts, which I feel is enough to form an opinion. End of, it's just my opinion.
snow report
Kel, I own a place in Les Arcs and I prefer La Plagne Toofy Grin
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, rolling eyes rolling eyes Laughing Laughing
latest report
If you are there for a week you are better of with the discovery pass so that you can come to les Arcs for the day. That is enough.
latest report
i'll find out if i can top it up mid week and get the LP pass if so. that way if i want to ditch the folks i'm with for a bit i can top up and bug off to LA
ski holidays
mugen, All the info you need is here http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/ski-area/lift-pass/la-plagne-integrale.html LaPlagne 6 day pass €208 + €27.50 for day extension to Les Arcs, which you have to have if only for a ride on the Vanoise Express. You might as well pay another €13.50 and get an unlimited 6 day pass.

thefatcontroller, Boredsurfing, I am biassed towards Les Arcs mainly because on the 2 occasions I have stopped in LaPlagne, and to be fair on both occaisions it was towards the end of the season, the pistes quite frankly were left ungroomed for days with no effort to keep in good condition for the many lift pass paying punters still in the resort. On the 2nd occasion it was the openning year of the VE and I could not believe the stark difference between the 2 resort's, Les Arcs was groomed to perfection. Now I know this is not going to suit all, but it suits me.

The second reason is, as a family we know Les Arcs very well and because we are so familiar with the place now, if my wife tries really hard she can ski the resort with me and not be a pain in the A$$ (She is one of these that needs to know the terrain like the back of her hand before letting go, good technique but a tad nervous). And if I try really hard I can ski the resort with my kids (young men now) without me being too much a pain in the A$$, suppose the fact that I still pay for the beer and lunch is also a factor here Laughing Laughing

So there you have it, my reason's for preferring Les Arcs to La Plagne.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy