Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Query.

Poster: A snowHead
I bought myself new boots and used them for about 3 weeks last season. The moulded inners were stored seperately from the boots in my wardrobe until last night. When trying to put the liner's back in, they don't seem to want to go in. Is there a chance that the liner would have expanded, therefore not fitting into the boot, or am I just not trying hard enough..... Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
barthez1980, it is extremely difficult. I can't get the liners out of my boots, let alone back in again. So I have had to put my footbeds inside the liners in the boots. I don't suppose this is right but it's not uncomfortable.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, so i need to take the footbeds out and try it that way?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
barthez1980, I wouldn't have thought so. One of the boot maestros will probably be along to give you some proper advice. I just find that I'm not strong enough to open my boots wide enough to get the liners out. It's hard enough simply getting my feet in!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
when using them, i take the liners out everynight......and they fit back in easily.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
barthez1980 wrote:
or am I just not trying hard enough..... Puzzled

Not trying hard enough.

http://www.epicski.com/wiki/returning-your-liner-into-the-boot-how-to

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 15-01-10 14:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex wrote:
barthez1980 wrote:

Not trying hard enough.

beleive me, after 1/2 hour of trying last night, its not me....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barthez1980, unless you have a liner that interlocks with the shell (like on some old Technicas), the above instructions will work.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I realise my problem is new non-bendy boots and me being a weedy female. But I think most people struggle somewhat with new-ish boots. Can you take them to your local ski shop and get one of their boot people to do it?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
are there any canting or flex adjustment bolts that it could be catching on
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nope....like i said, when in use,taking them in out out was fine, but the liners haven't seen the light of day for a while...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
how about giving the shells a quick blast with a hair drier
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
barthez1980, Sorry to ask...but are you absolutely sure you are putting the left liner in the left boot ? I have done this myself, and fitting them in the wrong boots does make the job more difficult Embarassed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski, haha....yeah, after a while, i thought that was the problem, but no, i was trying them in the correct shell....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
barthez1980, time for pictures. Or maybe even a youtube video.
snow conditions
comprex wrote:
barthez1980 wrote:

Not trying hard enough.

http://www.epicski.com/wiki/returning-your-liner-into-the-boot-how-to

will try when i get home.dont fancy taking them into a shop on sunday and being made to look like a div.
snow report
I think the sole of the inner need flex to go into the boot, so I put the inner into the boot and then put the footbed into the inner. Normally I can remove the inner with the footbed still in it.

queen bodecia wrote:
So I have had to put my footbeds inside the liners in the boots. I don't suppose this is right but it's not uncomfortable.
All the custom foot beds I have had go inside the inner boot. My footbeds were moulded to my bare feet (or maybe thin socks, I forget) so should not have an inner boot between footbed and foot. Some boots have a removable flat-topped platform that goes between sole of boot and the inner boot. Often this platform has places where widgets can be added to adjust the foot position within the boot.
snow conditions
another obvious suggestion but somthing I've been guilty of in the past Embarassed check that one of the foot clips hasn't hooked itself on! does make the job more difficult.
snow report
Adrian wrote:

queen bodecia wrote:
So I have had to put my footbeds inside the liners in the boots. I don't suppose this is right but it's not uncomfortable.
All the custom foot beds I have had go inside the inner boot. My footbeds were moulded to my bare feet (or maybe thin socks, I forget) so should not have an inner boot between footbed and foot. Some boots have a removable flat-topped platform that goes between sole of boot and the inner boot. Often this platform has places where widgets can be added to adjust the foot position within the boot.

I thought qb meant that she had to put the footbed inside the liner while the liner was in the boot, not that she put the footbed inside the liner instead of placing it between bootsole and liner.
snow report
but surely if i used to be able to put the inner in, with the footbed inside, then i should be able to do it now? i'll try without the footbed when i get home....its probably oh so simple...... Shocked
snow report
horizon, that is what I meant. My footbeds are moulded to my feet so go inside the liner, the only issue was getting them in the liners inside the boots since I couldn't get the liners out of the boots. I ended up pushing them in with my feet! Which was painful at the time, but they seem fine now.
ski holidays
Just ram it with more force than before! Ive never heard of any modern boot (last 5 years) where you it wont fit using this method.
snow report
barthez1980, Put your foot in the liner, then put the shell on.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy