Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

120-days-per-winter ski bum released after 61-days-in-jail

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Charlie Toups has become an iconic ski hero in Colorado for scraping by in parking lots, living in beaten-up vehicles, and skiing for 120 days per year. He's been doing this since the 1970s and is now 63. Back in November he was arrested for camping on public land and locked in jail. Now the sentence has been dismissed outright, by Judge Christine Arguello.

This report from DenverPost.com

Quote:
Minutes after his release late Thursday, Toups said the past two months "have been a milestone in my life, probably one of the best things that ever happened to me."

That must be a rare reflection on time in the cooler.

Quote:
"This is my chance to make everything better and I hope I can live up to everyone's expectations," he said. "Now I really have to deliver."

Great line!

More on Charlie Toups, from Ski Magazine. They report that he was actually facing a two-year sentence and $250,000 fine. But ...

Quote:
Friends say the assault charge is bunk and that he's harmless, "a ski bum who never grew up."

Maybe there's a bit of Charlie Toups in us all?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy