Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New piste in Holland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Far be it for me to steal Ernst_Goldsmiths position as News Finder General (indeed I found it on a link of his); the following is culled mercilessly from PlanetSki

Quote:
One unusual twist on the cold weather that is affecting much of the northern hemisphere is the opening of a new 2km long ski run in the south of Holland.

The temporary trail winds down a slag heap from a former mine and is next to the world's largest year round indoor snow centre, Snow World Landgraaf, with its 550m slope.

The indoor six-seater chairlift is being used by people to reach the top of the indoor slope. Then they leave the building through an emergency exit and get onto the real stuff outside.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good try Richard_Sideways, but... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60000
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In fairness to Richard_Sideways, it's not always easy to know if a snowHeads scoop hasn't already been scooped by another sleuthHead. I've made this mistake on occasions.

Whatever ... I Googled 'Richard Sideways' (an usual surname) and got this ...

http://www.rstack.com/china98/p2/IMG23A.JPG ... which proves that the surname is quite authentic.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not really a sleuth - but Landgraaf is only 2 miles down the road... I get the inside scoop! wink

The snow has turned to hardpack ice now so I'd expect the injury rate to be even higher this weekend, excellent! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alexandra, where are you? Heerlen? I (very occasionally) get darn sarf, Limburg way.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andyph, I stand abashed, admonished and ashamed, and will leave the news gathering to the professionals. Embarassed
But then again it was originally posted in the Aprés Zone and if ever there was news that should be in The Piste is should surely be an article about a new piste... But thats no excuse, so I shall hurl myself screaming from the highest mountain crag i can find in EC1 once I complete this post.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyph, I am indeed - proudly boasting no murders in the Parkstad for all of 2009! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy