Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Neukirchen / Wildkogel, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been? or can give any kind of feedback? I am looking to book 5-7 days for the end of Feb and have come across some cracking deals for Neukirchen / Wildkogel, Austria. Problem is I have never heard of it. There will be a few of us going, most of which are intermediates, so was wondering if anyone who has been can shed some light? Realise it's a small resort but would like to know if this resort will keep us occupied and if we do get bored, what the neighbouring ski areas are like and how easy/accessible they are. My other concern is the height of the mountain (860m to 2150m). Usually go to the French Alps at nearly twice that height and am worried if there will be enough snow.

Any help much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BUMP! anyone????? wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never stayed in Neukirchen but I've been there a couple of times for a day. It's a great little ski area with 3 of the most enjoyable valley runs that I have ever skied. One comes back to Neukirchen itself, one comes down into the next village along the valley (there's a regular bus to get back to Neukirchen) and the 3rd randomly stops at a restaurant in the forest (go and ask in the restaurant and they give you a lift back, probably be polite to buy a coffee or something while you're there!)
It's a small area but both times I've been I've found it to be an interesting place to ski, with interesting and varied terrain. It also has the longest tobogan run in Europe, apparently.
It is an additional resort tagged onto the Zillertal Superski pass... I don't know if the same works in reverse. I mean, if you buy a lift pass in Neukirchen, will that also be valid in Zillertal? If so, it takes about 20mins on the bus to get to Gerlos/Königsleiten which will keep you busy. I believe it is also linked into the Kitzbühl ski area pass, but again, I'm not sure of the details.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Wildkogel website is here: www.wildkogelbahnen.at
It's possible to buy a lift card that covers Wildkogel and Zillertal Arena (Gerlos, Königsleiten, Zell am Ziller) or the Salzburg Superski Pass or a card that just covers Wildkogel.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy