Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skier with broken ankle survives 3 weeks in mountain cabin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A cross-country skier has apparently survived 3 weeks in a mountain cabin in Norway after breaking his ankle. He set off on a cross-country ski tour on December 26, and was rescued 3 weeks later by two Norwegian women who stopped near the cabin for a snack. He had not been reported missing....After breaking his ankle, he used a GPS device to detect a nearby cabin and managed to make his way there. Luckily, he found some supplies, which were starting to run low by the time he was found.

Source: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/europe/news/article_1525404.php/Skier-survives-three-weeks-in-mountain-cabin-with-broken-ankle?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and rescued by two Norwegian women, almost wort breaking your ankle for!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think I've seen that film Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
He had not been reported missing
Now that's not good. I do hope friend, family, colleague might notice I was not around before 3 weeks. Maybe not. What a horrible thought.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A lucky escape but poor planning and close to attempted suicide to be out in the wilderness alone without setting up some way of failure to return being noticed!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davejsy wrote:
and rescued by two Norwegian women, almost wort breaking your ankle for!

Having known a few Norwegian birds he must have thought he'd died and gone to heaven.

I wonder if he was nordic skiing rather than cross country.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=590910

Quote:
Han ble funnet av 24-åringene Ann Kristin Berget Kro og Ida Karlstrøm, som er på vei fra Lindesnes til Nordkapp på ski.

Ann and Ida, I love you!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Han ble funnet av 24-åringene Ann Kristin Berget Kro og Ida Karlstrøm, som er på vei fra Lindesnes til Nordkapp på ski.

I think this is worth translating - "He was found by the 24 year-olds, Ann and Ida, who were on their way from Lindesnes to Nordkapp on skis"

A little trip of about 2,500 km. Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I think this is worth translating - "He was found by the 24 year-olds, Ann and Ida, who were on their way from Lindesnes to Nordkapp on skis"

A little trip of about 2,500 km.

They would be quite fit then wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
damn no pictures.
Quote:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=590910
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof, what difference are you making between Nordic Skiing and XC skiing? Are you suggesting back-country skiing and not following machine made tracks?
nordicfan, more details here http://fk-butikken.no/Sider/Norge_pa_langs_med_hund_og_Appetitt.aspx
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The real issue is, if he managed to blow up the Heavy Water plant or not. Or do we have to get Kirk Douglas out of retirement!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy