Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Buddies in Val d'Isere - whole season

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, just wondering if there are people based in Val d'Isere / Tignes for the season. I am based in Val and looking for ski buddies. I am mostly hiking / touring etc and know the area pretty well, but there is a lot out there that I don't know, and keen to explore. So if that sounds like your bag, and you want to hook up for a ski then PM me. Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
El Contador, welcome to snowheads. I have one mate out for the season in Val but he broke his leg last week, so he wont be skiing again for the season. He broke both legs 2 years ago, he's very unlucky. You could try hooking up with the ski club rep, the infamous ski pikie Paul Mongon and what ever members he has out with him. There's normally a couple of season based people that use the skiclub. Not sure they venture off piste too much but normally organise a guide once a week. It's one way I met others out in Val when I did a season or two a few years back. checkout the skiclub.co.uk for more info on where to meet the rep(s) etc. Have a great season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Elcontader, i am patrolman from bulgaria bansko in chamonex today but i move to val desere in 1 week time for rest winter and get job. i like to ski big montagnes , fast fast fast!!!! danger is much fun!!! i love the deepest snow very much and the hike is no problem for me. i very fit. i hope i ski with you soon!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Waynos - thanks for the welcome, sorry to hear about your friend, 3 broken legs in 2 years is indeed unlucky. Having said that, a French skier died in Val yesterday (in the Gorges de Malpasset) so a broken leg is much more preferable! Thanks also for the advice, but I am looking for off-piste ski buddies for more regular (e.g. most days) skiing, so maybe I'll give the Ski Club a miss.
Sickskier - PM me when you get to Val, I am keen to meet up for a ski. Enjoy your week in Chamonix.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
El Contador, introduce yourself to Bryony in the Saloon Bar - tell her a friend of Mad-dog's told you to say hi - she's very nice and will soon introduce you to lots of seasonaires. I'm very jealous (oh and avoid Santons - the ice has a nasty habit of leaping up and breaking your rib when you least expect it)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try PMing the regulars on here
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55130
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sarep / Kenzie, thanks for the tips. EC
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi EC, i hope you having very good ski time in val. i thinking i stay in chamonex a little more time before val. have you been to here?? it is amazing crazy place! lot of very steepness, i think you like it as lot of climbing and toureng and ropes _ i need to borrow some of the ropes to make more safe...today was little scary as i did not have!! ha ha!! Smile i let you know when i come to val, i have bed for next week or maybe 2 weeks here so will be then after. bye.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
EC, i leaving chamonix yesterday, big problem with a friend wife!!! he f**ing mad and tries to kill sickskier!! crazy!!! so i come here now. i need place to live. will you help me please? i come find you when get to there
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is gonna turn into another classic .... I can feel it Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sickskier - great that you have made it to Val d'Isere (although I'm not sure how sensible it was to advertise that fact on a public forum when there is clearly someone trying to find you......). Anyway, PM me if you are around for a ski, and as this thread has clearly drawn some interest, please keep the collective updated! EC
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 28-11-10 13:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sarep wrote:
El Contador, introduce yourself to Bryony in the Saloon Bar - tell her a friend of Mad-dog's told you to say hi

I love posts like this - just what it's all about! Nothing quite like walking in to a bar where you know nobody and describing yourself as "Mad-dog's mate" Toofy Grin
snow conditions
EC,

I may well be in Val from Dec 26th to 30th. I do a lot of off piste and have done a bit of touring with guides and so on, however I've yet to skin and only been on a rope once or twice, so depends how radical is the stuff you'd like to do- i don't want to be holding you back? you might let me know if this level of ski buddy is ok for you or if you want to do more radical stuff- no offence taken!!

Thanks
snow report
This thread is useless without an update on sickskier and his latest shenanigans.

That said, will be in Tignes 27/12 to 2/1.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy