Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone advise on current conditions? I've been reading horror reports on here re. Borovets Sad (though it's snowing now with a bit more forecast) and will be arriving at Sofia a week tomorrow for 3.5 days skiing.

Plan is to ski mainly in Bansko with a possible visit to Borovets.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got a mate who will be there at the weekend so will see what he says. Another has just come back and said it was sh*t, very very icy with some pistes being closed because it was so dangerous, so fingers crossed you'll get a big dump.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spoke to someone in the gym this eve who had a mate that's just gotton back from Bansko. Apparently the snow situation isn't good. Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers! Not sounding too great is it Sad ?

Snow-forecast.com is looking a bit more promising - I'm hoping that they'll get enough new snow to make a difference. Maybe someone who gets back from bulgaria this weekend will come along with an update?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i like bansko and had initially looked at going to it this year again.. but the snow just isn't there..
that said i went last year at end of jan and it snowed plenty after a dodgey spell previously so there is hope i'm sure.

decided to go to la plagne instead for my sins
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

i like bansko and had initially looked at going to it this year again.. but the snow just isn't there..

OH YES IT IS!! Just back from 3 days fantastic skiing at Bansko - fresh snow every night and mainly sunny by day. Yesterday (Sat 23 Jan) we had an off piste powder fest, with fresh tracks galore and up to about 20cm of fresh.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

OH YES IT IS!! Just back from 3 days fantastic skiing at Bansko - fresh snow every night and mainly sunny by day. Yesterday (Sat 23 Jan) we had an off piste powder fest, with fresh tracks galore and up to about 20cm of fresh.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

glad to hear it.. just back from la plange today and although the ski area is better, far better.. i felt the night life wasnt as good as bansko
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bansko has had a good amount of snowfall over recent days and my contacts out there tell me that the off-piste is charging!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in Bansko mid-feb and had just about every snow condition except for deep pow: slush, ice, snowcrete, light pow, ice balls.

The weather was "changeable" too: blistering sun, fog, horizontal blizzard, light snow, rain.

It was great fun though and I'm back there just before Easter Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just back from bansko last night, first trip there and about 40 cm has fallen in the last week with two or three sunny days in between. We had some great skiing on piste although it could get a little cut up and heavy at the end of the day. we also did a few runs off piste through the trees (easy ones) there is some great powder in there for those good enough to ski it. On the sunny days it got a little soft towards the bottom at the end of the day.In my opinion it is a a much underrated resort with some great skiing at a great price. I'll certainly go again especially as its such good value.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy