Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What should i expect in March/April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 24-11-17 18:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shocker_33, welcome to snowheads.

If I may be so impertinent, you have just started to learn how to ski Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Late March/Early April is sort of end of high season, moving straight into low season. Most mainstream French resorts will still have plenty of great skiing although runs back to resort may be beginning to suffer.

Snow should certainly be non-existent in Geneva, for example, but you can't ski here. And last year it wasn't. Had snow in the garden until late April.

That said, you probably want to have access to higher skiing to minimise the nightly melt/freeze cycle that can happen. I am not a fan of the higher is better argument (things are far too complex for such a simple rule) but in fairness, late season, you do want to be able to get a bit higher for consistently colder temperatures. In France for example, Chamonix, Espace Killy, 3Vs, Avoriaz, come to mind.

That said (2), anything can happen. In 1954 I understand there was almost no snow fall in the Alps at all. At the moment, snow below 1,600m in the Northern Alps is a little less deep than average. 2 Weeks ago there was almost none below 1,200m.

If a week is a long time in politics, it's an eternity in a ski resort.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shocker_33, welcome to snowheads. No, there are loads of places with snow at Easter. Tell us a bit more about, for example, what continent you are thinking of visiting, and what sort of group you will be in, what sort of accommodation you are interested in, and you'll get lots of advice here. Easter is a great time to go skiing (almost always far better than New Year). snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shocker_33, Try this current thread too on suggested resorts for Easter http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59686#1425924
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The best conditions of the winter.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shocker_33, As Fogliettaz says...some would say this is the best time to go!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 24-11-17 18:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shocker_33, No problem we only moan at the regulars who don't search, newcomers are foregiven wink Anyway search facility on here is pants!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Its so easy to pick up

Shocker_33, excellent. You would be amazed at how many people don't find the same. wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy