Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt Group Meal

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am off to Zermatt at the end of January with about 18 people and want to eat together on one night. Does anybody have any recommendations of where would be good for a group of this size. I know that there are no cheap options but do not really want to go anywhere rediculously expensive and poncey.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.walliserkanne.ch

Have organised group meals there in the past. Big, comfortable, good menu and reliable cuisine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
English version of the above:
http://www.walliserkanne.ch/walliserkanne_zermatt_restaurant_en.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the pizza/pasta place above the hotel Post - good food and reasonable prices (for Zermatt) - book ahead.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A group of us went to the Stockhorn Grill NYE 2008 and enjoyed it

http://www.grill-stockhorn.ch/stockhorn_er.htm (not the greatest website but email them and they will help you)

Can also recommened Pizzeria Roma across the road, really good cheapish pizza.

Both are located close to Papperla. You can have a few drinks there and then walk up to either restaurant
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
China Garden is fantastic food but beware of the prices €110 for two of us Shocked

www.chinagarden-zermatt.ch

Grampies is a great alternative, good food and much cheaper prices.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cham08, Cant tell you the name of the place but we did the same with our group of 16 a couple of years ago. The place I am thinking of is on the run home from the Rothorn side. they had live music outside on the balcony at apres ski time! It is a couple of hundred metres before you get the elevator down into the town! If you do the run on the way home one day you will see it. The food was good, but it is in most places in Zermatt. You also had a nice elevated view of the town at night! I would certainly recommend the place! sorry I dont know the name of it! Embarassed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roy

Was it the Olympia Stubli? I have read somewhere that this is within walking distance of the village.

Thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The hotel Julen (known as the Romantic Hotel Julen) is an excellent place not far from the centre of town. The stubli does wonderful local dishes. Not cheap, but not "poncey" and a great place for a memorable meal. www.julen.com/en/gastronomie/schaeferstuebli.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tex Mex in the Post, book ahead and they will set up an area for you. Best chef and food in Zermatt.
Not our opinion but our hotel owners recommendation
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cham08, yes thats the one! Their web page does not do them justice. The food was good and at a good price. I would suggest you go there one day for apres ski and look at the evening restaurant and menu! You walk up and down in the evening! Nice spot for a big group as it can be difficult in downtown spots to get everyone seated. Hope you have fun in Zermatt!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spycher Grill in Steinmattstrasse. Looking at CHF50 for a steak, though.

Also some of the best pizza i've had in years at the top of the lift to Blauherd (above Sunegga paradise).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boardiac wrote:

Also some of the best pizza i've had in years at the top of the lift to Blauherd (above Sunegga paradise).

Slight exaggeration, I had one there on Saturday, freshly made, not frozen rubbish, but you clearly haven't been to the Pizzeria Kilt in Claviere or the Baita Fredarola in Canazei, half the price and twice as good.

Or even better and cheaper but not in a ski resort, Il Buon Boccone in Sant'Agnello near Sorrento.

I find that pizza quality declines proportionally to distance from Naples, the key is the taste and freshness of the tomatoes grown in the fertile volcanic soil in the area and the quality of the mozzarella.

Back to the OP, we had a nice meal at a sensible price (for Zermatt) at the Stadel just off Bahnhofstrasse near the church, cheese and meat fondues were available and a flaming spit grill they bought to the table, they have a room downstairs that would be large enough for a group booking

You must try also a mountain lunch on the terrace at the Chalet Etoile over in Cervinia, Italian mountain food and excellent seafood, good prices and beautiful swedish waitresses, steak only £18, compared to £30+ in Zermatt.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the info

- Luigi - I have eaten in the Chalet Etoile befor and would agree, it is excellent.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boardiac wrote:
Spycher Grill in Steinmattstrasse. Looking at CHF50 for a steak, though.

Avoid Spycher at all costs, have heard some terrible reports about them. Also, we tried to arrange a function there and they couldn't even be bothered answering our email request, even though we had spoken to them 2 weeks earlier.
latest report
luigi,
Quote:

I find that pizza quality declines proportionally to distance from Naples, the key is the taste and freshness of the tomatoes grown in the fertile volcanic soil in the area and the quality of the mozzarella.

mmm maybe. I find myself in the Rome camp rather than the Napoli camp though. the eternal debate...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy