Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Times journalist sees 4 x £400 Moncler ski jackets in one London tube carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Well, that's what she says:

Ski fashion has come down off the slopes

Interesting piece of writing, by their fashion editor Lisa Armstrong.

Quote:
Skiing might seem an unlikely launch pad for a luxury brand. But why not? Unlike the rituals of the Sandy Lane set in Barbados (find sunlounger, get papped) skiing has managed to retain an aura of exclusivity. It has been a long time since Audrey Hepburn captivated Cary Grant in her slinky ski togs in Charade, but thanks to a dearth of slope-side tabloid friendly celebrities, the Hepburn image lives on, unadulterated by snaps of Simon Cowell.

Moncler is a really classic skiwear brand. I recall seeing their distinctive 'puffer' ski jackets in the early 70s.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is an increasing need for a 'snore' smiley on here.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ernst Goldsmith, Is this not just another 'anorak' story. Who cares Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Times didn't publish the story because they thought the readership would bin the paper in disgust.
Please address your complaints to Rupert Murdoch.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
'Off the slopes'? Shouldn't be in The Piste then. More of a Dawn Chorus post, I think.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The journalist is right, though. I saw a few last week, usually teamed with a pair of fluoro trainers, skinny jeans, a silly haircut and a propensity towards yakking loudly into an iPhone.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That was my impression too. I read the piece and thought "this lady is one cut above your average piste fashion journalist".

Lisa Armstrong wrote:
High Street brands such as Topshop and Esprit have been eager to launch dedicated ski lines. “All the world’s a ski slope” is the optimistic slogan (some might say insanely optimistic given the number of aircraft that failed to launch last week) on British Airways’ website.

Sparkling copy!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ernst Goldsmith, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That word could win you a high score in Scrabble
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is suprising? I always use my "ski" jacket for normal use, it's warm and waterproof. It's not a fashion thing, it just does what I want my coat to do.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I saw a man in a 1980s Nevica jacket the other day when I was driving towards Ewell village. Not at the cutting edge of fashion.

This is a more noticeable trend though :-

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/stupid-hats-everywhere-200811281426/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Latchico, love that article Happy

Was at Chill Factore on Wednesday evening and noticed something else about current "fashion". Is it just me or do snowboarders dress in such garish crap just to out do their mates? Their get up seems to be more and more vomit inducing every year! And for the record, I'm not an old fuddy duddy (23) and most people would refer to me as "alternative" (grr) I always wondered why their kit was so much cheaper than ski kit, clearly so they can afford to change it to something more disgusting the following year!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
so fed up of the ridiculous articles on ski wear in the fashion press. they always seem to feature those wretched chanel skis that v beckham was seen pretending to use. tiresome.

agree about the hideous snowboarding designs on the market at the moment. fluoro plaid is no-one's friend.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
luckyV, Chanel skis as featured here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242989/The-perfect-outfit--Skiing.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
them's the fellows, boredsurfing. i would struggle to maintain respect for a person who bought a pair.
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, Chanel tunnel as featured here:

http://tweetmeme.com/story/370600149/eurostar-chanel-tunnel-closures-leave-thousands-stranded-abc-news
ski holidays
luckyV, some terrible stuff about Paul Smith skis and £280 Shocked ski helmets in today's Sport magazine

http://www.myfreesport.co.uk/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy