Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone tried these?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.opedix.com/mens_s1_ski_tights.aspx . i have 2 shot knees and my annual ski hol is in 10 days time. im especially worried as i did about an hr yesterday behind the house and im fairly sore today. i'v tried knee supports before and find them very uncomfortable ie keep crunhing up behind knee, and fallin down etc. they are mental money but i'm desperate and have read a lot of reviews via googling "opedix ski tights"which praise them a lot for knee support but would trust a snowhead review much more. i have managed for 12 yrs but i want to do another 12yrs+play some football,golf, hillwalking for another bit and am looking for something to prolong whats left of my cartlidge. oh yeah, im 42+!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depending on the type of knee problem, short adult ski's (not blades) can help. Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I haven't tried these but I have tried SKINS. They are a compression garment which help keep swelling down in the knees, I quite like them and use them for running as well as skiing. I think they make a difference but it's not huge but maybe enough to reduce the cumulative effects of a weeks skiing to a tolerable level, honestly I dont know.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
creedgearoid, I've a few knee probs - and have been through a few sets of knee supports.

You don't say exactly what knee injuries you have, but from my experience, it's worth paying a few quid for a decent brace/support. The current ones I use cost well over £50 each (quite pricey in my opinion), but never fall down or bunch-up. I can wear them all day without any probs.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abj, have had 2 ops on my medial ligament neither very sucessful but have general wear and tear on both knees since i have played a lot of sport (4-5 times per week for about 30 yrs) which now gives me a lot of soreness and stiffness even after walking. over the years i'v tried 20+ different types of knee support with only very limited relief.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
creedgearoid, I'm not a doc / physio, but I wonder whether these 'ski tights' are going to offer enough support for your knees.

Sounds like you might need something slightly more heavy-duty (?)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
creedgearoid, have you thought about a Ski Mojo? FtS is a very happy customer http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1180121&highlight=mojo#1180121 and I was skiing with one guy over New Year who really liked his (although decided it might be a bit too restricting for a big off-piste powder day - but he may have regretted that decision part way through). Seems to work well for people with knackered knees. (If it suits, it looks like there's one going S/H on here too - nothing to do with me, honest!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abj, your prob right but i had hoped that someone on here may have tried them and would report miracles. suprised actually that nobody has even heard of them outside of us/ canada. its only possible to get them via us also. GrahamN, yes was very interested in that topic and had previously thought about it but i feel i should get a few more years before getting that drastic. just cant accept that im getting old and crocked i guess.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy