Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So new boots it is - pimp your services boot fitters!

Poster: A snowHead
I am tempted to buy some new boots. Couple of reasons for this:

1. They are about 12 years old - as a result they are looking tired and my feet are moving around slightly inside. Particularly around the heel.
2. They are in my view aimed at recreational skiing and an upright stance - ok ok that is what I do most of the time, but when pushing myself when I escaped from the family, i found it very difficult to lean forward and get weight forward. Generally I was sitting back on heels and the front of the skis were wobbling.

On the flip side

1. They are very comfortable
2. I probably would benefit from a few refresher lessons on how to ski

I have odd feet for a bloke in that while I am size 11, I have very narrow feet - que Blackadder comments about "oh but you have a woman's foot"

In terms of my skiing level - well a lot of it is cruising blues and reds with the family. But on my own I will tackle unpisted reds and blacks as well

EDIT - ok I think new boots are in order. Within striking distance of me I have CEM in Bicester, Lockwoods in Leamington, Ellis Brigham in Milton Keynes or whoever at Hemel.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 14-01-10 16:42; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New boots and lessons. Toofy Grin

Or choose one and if it doesn't sort the problem out suck up and pay for the other. Boots would be my first choice in this instance though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Forget the lessons ... if your feet are wobbling around, get new boots or even some liners. Not panty liners though. However, 'new boots and panties' takes me back some. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why even ask.

You need new kit, any new kit. We don't get to ski enough as it is. Buying new kit is the next best thing. Buy skis too, even if you have some, to create a proper quiver.

Sometimes I dispair!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
12 years!!! New boots, no argument, I reckon you will notice a big difference!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
moffatross, Can't beat a bit of Uncle Ian.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc, kitenski, They sound like convincing reasoins Toofy Grin

Well Lockwoods is not far away so I lunchtime trip is called for me I think - or can I just buy from ebay Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey Boris....there could be another reason that you are having a hard time getting forward in the boots. Asssuming that the boot is not too stiff then it could be an issue with the amount of ankle mortise (ankle Flexion).
In many cases when skiers indicate that they have a hard time getting forward it is because they have reduced ankle flex. Most boots have an upper cuff inclination of approx 12-14 degrees. If the skier can only flex 5-7 degrees then they will have to make accomodation and bend at the knee and hip commonly resulting in a posterior balance (rearward) and skiing position. You might find the steeper it gets the worse it gets and there is often an skidding of the tails in the third phase of the turn.
What ever boots you by have them check ankle flex to make sure that this is not where the problems are. If you have reduced ankle flex you will need a stiffer boot with increased ramp angle to get the energy where in is needed....good luck
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski4life, my rough translation of that - I'm nearly 42 and not as fit or flexible as I once was Laughing

Skidding is defo an issue (well I say issue - in the grand scheme of things I'm not overly bothered). I will try some boots on and see how they feel - my old boots are a bit too relaxed and I can not get them in a position where I am even vaguely leaning forward. Like skiing in a comfortable pair of slippers
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris, sounds to me like in any case, you need new boots. Go and see CEM. If your boots are salvageable he of all people will be able to do that, and if not, at least you'll be sure that your new boots will be spot on...leaving only your skiing left to blame! wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM will also check your ankle flex. Though for the life of me I can't see why "an old pair of slippers" would compromise your ability to bend your ankles and any other bits needed to get your weight over your feet.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris, www.solutions4feet.co.uk call Colin asap and make an appointment, you know it makes sense Toofy Grin
Whilst you are enjoying Colins hospitality her and the kinder can enjoy the delights of Bicester designer shopping discount village. win win !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, If you can only flex your ankle joint a little, there's not much advantage to using a very flexable boot. Y
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

her and the kinder can enjoy the delights of Bicester designer shopping discount village.

Boredsurfing, You jest - we've been there Shocked Few useful shops - the rest vastly overpriced, even discounted, rubbish in my view
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Actually Bicester Village is often excellent. For one reason or another, despite my general dislike of shopping, I've been there many times. Lots of excellent quality stuff at bargain prices, alongside some not so excellent quality stuff at not so cheap prices. That's why it's so very popular with both locals and tourists alike. Much as we may have different priorities/tastes and much as we like to think we know better, imho the masses aren't usually actually wrong. Confused
snow conditions
North Face shop and Helly Hansen shop.

Can get some good stuff for the hols.... Very Happy

It's not all bad.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy