Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Injuries

Poster: A snowHead
Well time to own up - have returned with 3 injuries from a ski holiday and only 1 is directly linked with skiing.
First one is some whiplash when I faceplanted into the snow - which is to be expected when you get a turn completely wrong! Confused
Second is kind of indirectly linked to skiing, because i was in a mountainside toilet in ski boots trying to climb out over 3 foot of snow in the doorway and trapped my finger - which is now double its normal size. Shocked
And finally a brick sized bruise from slipping on a wet floor in a bar - could also be linked to skiing because if I hadn't been on a skiing holiday I wouldn't have gone into that bar... Laughing
Anyone else got any amusing ski injuries...

p.s. liking the smily faces we can now use!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I came back from my holiday with a ski shaped bruise on my lower back, and a pole in the shape of an r Embarassed

The powder was too good to resist, so we were skiing between the trees that the piste wisely went round. I didn't land the 2ft drop onto the piste and my friend who was following decided to ski over me Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My only skiing related injury in recent times was 2 years ago in Val Thorens. It was definitely the result of skiing. I would never do anything like that except on a skiing holiday.

OK, confession time: apres ski, Frog & Roast Beef pub, following the band's instructions as they did Van Halen's 'Jump'. Trouble was, I was dancing on a table & misjudged where the roof beam was...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The only injury I ever seem to get is bruises on my shins from walking into the concrete ends of beds they seem to favour in European ski hotels....... Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Photo of Pete on said table in the Frog & Roast beef (as if his "confession" needed more evidence?!), problem is that I'm not sure if it was before or after the head-n-beam incident:
http://www.popebanana.org.uk/skiing2002/DSCF2095.jpg
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I like the way you've included the aformentioned beam in the photo!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was just a photo of Pete dancing on the table. I would have been up there too, but there wasn't room (and I'm taller than him!).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
But Alex - I can see a soddin' great wooden beam above his head!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Indeed! Nice, isn't it? Well, it wasn't very nice to Pete though Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think it was after the collision, that's why I was trying to work out where the rest of the roof was. The anaesthetic must have been good, I was still smiling.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just got back from St Anton with a few injuries.

some all over bruising caused by massive fall due to defective binding throwing me out of ski and down about 200m of mountainside. Shocked

some serious brain altering damage caused by a couple of evenings in the Mooserwirt - that place is just unbelievable. It was like walking into a different universe. Apres ski will never be the same again. rolling eyes

some serious dents in my bank account - not helped by having to buy new bindings. Mad

and lastly a serious wound caused by not being able to access the nice old ski club site for a couple of days - which is well on the mend now I have got my SnowHead on. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I managed to get back this time with nothing ski related but I bruised my bum walking to the car park Shocked (too many Vin Chauds NehNeh and too much ice - I was only putting somthing in the car not driving).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can anyone remember, who was it had the preseason sleep induced injury?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That was Martyn, I believe!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have to admit it. Twice I think. Luckily no such real life ski injuries Laughing
snow report
I remember martyn's dream world ski resort Smile
latest report
He never did publish the piste map though.
snow conditions
Yup I had a ski injury but I'm getting over it.
Having trouble cocking my leg though.
Keep falling over
Any suggestions?

http://www.dearborn-animals.com/info/Cruelty/Aussie/BROKEN%20LEG%20PUP-j.jpg
latest report
I injured myself chasing my husband and our friend because he had said on the chairlift on the way up that my technique was perfect but I just wasn't skiing fast enough. So they raced, I tried to keep up, tucking down nicely, skiing my little legs off, they went over a lip, I saw them stand up out of their tuck and did the same only to catch an edge on some ice!!? I then somehow did a flat spin on my stomach, then (god knows how) flipped over and flat span on my back, skis still attached and came to a stop before whacking myself in the face with my pole! I pulled the muscles down the front of my neck, painful for a few days. The boys didn't even know that I'd fallen and when I finally caught up with them looked puzzled that I was caked in snow! I wish someone could have filmed me I'm sure it must have looked very funny Twisted Evil
snow report
Slipped in the shower after apres-ski - broke 3 ribs.
Broke Clavicle (and boy, that hurts) taking photos of some clients who were tobogganing - one of them ran me over Confused
snow conditions
Elizabeth B wrote:
He never did publish the piste map though.
Confused
ski holidays
Hmmmmm. Not quite got the hang of this reply quote business yet. I tried to say I dont seem to have the time for all these things. Maybe one day.
latest report
Lost the last skiing day in Courchevel by badly twisting my ankle -- on the way back to the chalet from the bar. Drunk? Me! Never Wink

Also partially tore my left medial colateral ligament in St Anton - took 6 months to heal completely but the physio left me with much better support than before - that was about 8 years ago.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy